Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Aug 24, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #466 of 6,019
I considered the HE-R10P for a short while, but the lack of consistently favorable reviews, in combination with the price point, have pretty much ruled it out for me.

As to the Stealth, from the FR it looks quite forward around 3k, and I am sensitive to that area.. But I look forward to reviews and hearing it myself at some point.

Aug 24, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #467 of 6,019
Agreed. The R10 reviews are good, but not great, and everyone who has compared to the Susvara says the R10 lags behind it.

I need Susvara and TC level performance, or I'm not in. I am not willing to compromise a for closed back design. If I can get closed and equal performance, then I'm in...

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #468 of 6,019
Agreed. The R10 reviews are good, but not great, and everyone who has compared to the Susvara says the R10 lags behind it.

I need Susvara and TC level performance, or I'm not in. I am not willing to compromise a for closed back design. If I can get closed and equal performance, then I'm in...
That's a tough ask... Just make sure your partner doesn't spend the money you won't be spending on a closed back headphone anytime soon... :)

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #472 of 6,019
Subjective thoughts:

Detail - good but not like… Abyss or Susvara level. That said, exceptional structural definition for images and image separation (better than what I was expecting).
Microdynamics - no issues of bluntedness whatsoever. Excellent, ‘resolving’ trailing ends of tones, but once again not quite as clear as the other top tier flagships.
Soundstage - shockingly open sounding for a closed-back. Not the widest but like… damn good again for a closed-back. I was initially quite surprised by this quality.
Macrodynamics - None unfortunately. Same as Noire and other DCAs typically.
Timbre - waddayawant it’s a planar.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I guess I have my first answer. Awaiting more.....

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #474 of 6,019
"I think in certain positions it can be just a hair forward in the upper mids, but it’s all well balanced."

Andrew said something similar about the Empire Ears Odin, which for me is much too forward in the upper mids. But I think I am more sensitive to that than the average listener.

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #477 of 6,019
Aug 24, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #478 of 6,019
Seems to be about 2.5k too much if Resolve is right (i personally don't always agree with his overall assessments, but certainly with his process).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back