Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #1,501 of 5,994
Finally got my Stealths! For others waiting and concerned, don't be...

My go-to tracks are sounding noticeably different from anything else I've heard so far. They have something distinctive going on here and I'm unable to think of another headphone that sounds very much like them. It's not a tuning I've heard before and may need some time to get used to. It's very different from the Abyss (or Susvara from recent memory) with more mid presence than either. I'm glad about that, I wanted more of a contrast between my headphones. There's also more perceived detail than I've heard from a DCA headphone before, which is great! They're only a bit more efficient than the Abyss TC, I'm about 5db lower in volume on my TT2.

Too early for early more impressions, but so far, I like what I'm hearing. Bravo @mrspeakers :L3000:

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #1,502 of 5,994
Finally got my Stealths! For others waiting and concerned, don't be...

My go-to tracks are sounding noticeably different from anything else I've heard so far. They have something distinctive going on here and I'm unable to think of another headphone that sounds very much like them. It's not a tuning I've heard before and may need some time to get used to. It's very different from the Abyss (or Susvara from recent memory) with more mid presence than either. I'm glad about that, I wanted more of a contrast between my headphones. There's also more perceived detail than I've heard from a DCA headphone before, which is great! They're only a bit more efficient than the Abyss TC, I'm about 5db lower in volume on my TT2.

Too early for early more impressions, but so far, I like what I'm hearing. Bravo @mrspeakers :L3000:
Please bring on more comparisons to TC and Susvara as you get used to the stealth. I also have a TC and Susvara which are both incredible, and am looking for something a bit different for my third headphone instead of more of the same.

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #1,503 of 5,994
Please bring on more comparisons to TC and Susvara as you get used to the stealth. I also have a TC and Susvara which are both incredible, and am looking for something a bit different for my third headphone instead of more of the same.
You didn't ask me, and it's kinda off topic, but you should also consider the SR1as as that 3rd pair of headphones. Those three are called "the trifecta" for a reason :L3000:

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #1,504 of 5,994
The Bloom Audio comparison was very professional.

Is Stealth more similar to an electrostatic headphone than Susvara or Utopia in overall presentation?
He stated it pretty clearly in vid: take either of those cans, subtract a little boosted energy in 8khz+(more so in Susvara), subtract a little boosted energy in the 150-250hz range (more so in Elite) and you get Stealth. All other factors similar, but Stealth takes cake for imaging/technicality and accuracy

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #1,505 of 5,994
You didn't ask me, and it's kinda off topic, but you should also consider the SR1as as that 3rd pair of headphones. Those three are called "the trifecta" for a reason :L3000:
Now you need to add Stealth and call it “The 4 pillars of transcendence”!

more “4 horsemen if the headpocalypse”

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #1,507 of 5,994
Sep 16, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #1,509 of 5,994
At $2,500 Ish I would have been an immediate buyer. But I cannot see a closed back headphone being worth that price. Just my opinion obviously.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #1,510 of 5,994
At $2,500 Ish I would have been an immediate buyer. But I cannot see a closed back headphone being worth that price. Just my opinion obviously.
For how many headphones have you been part of the engineering of it from research to production, to settle with that price?

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #1,511 of 5,994
For how many headphones have you been part of the engineering of it from research to production, to settle with that price?

Potential customer does not have to engineer a headphone to determine what they think something is worth and are willing to spend.. Its still just a headphone at the end of the day...

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #1,512 of 5,994
the solitaire P is one very special HP
And interestingly none of the well known reviewers ever mention it.
Now you need to add Stealth and call it “The 4 pillars of transcendence”!

more “4 horsemen if the headpocalypse”
I often see kind of snobbish attitude from those three pillar owners, like being part of a more elite social status in the community that they can be judgemental against people that make other choices. It is like, they make the laws, so they can decide what is in or not. So, I personally would read that kind of a classification, at least partly, in that context. I am not pointing fingers here ( :v: :v: ), but have seen that interesting approaches in Solitaire thread so many times.

Anyway, many subjective positives we mentioned here, like the separation, accuracy, cymbal sounds etc. overlap with the video. I still think a metal listener, especially for some bloated and compressed music could prefer a slightly more V sound - which is also easily achievable with Stealth With a very slight EQ.

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #1,513 of 5,994
And interestingly none of the well known reviewers ever mention it.

I often see kind of snobbish attitude from those three pillar owners, like being part of a more elite social status in the community that they can be judgemental against people that make other choices. It is like, they make the laws, so they can decide what is in or not. So, I personally would read that kind of a classification, at least partly, in that context. I am not pointing fingers here ( :v: :v: ), but have seen that interesting approaches in Solitaire thread so many times.

Anyway, many subjective positives we mentioned here, like the separation, accuracy, cymbal sounds etc. overlap with the video. I still think a metal listener, especially for some bloated and compressed music could prefer a slightly more V sound - which is also easily achievable with Stealth With a very slight EQ.
stereophile and absolute sound gave it a great review as have many others but yes it travels under the radar ....

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #1,514 of 5,994
imagine how many susvara's they would sell at 3 grand...or how many mercedes they would sell at 20 grand etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back