Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire Discussion/Impressions Thread
Mar 17, 2023 at 1:45 AM Post #721 of 999
Given the substantially higher price of the Stellia (4 times the cost of the Noire in my country) I would hope it is a nice listen.
thanks im happy stellia ,bathys and ananda user. every for different purposes.

Attachments

• 69C10214-87C2-41E4-8A09-9619AFD77A0D.jpeg
    69C10214-87C2-41E4-8A09-9619AFD77A0D.jpeg
    424.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1549F593-DB56-41C0-A311-DC6FFB1A03BD.jpeg
    1549F593-DB56-41C0-A311-DC6FFB1A03BD.jpeg
    468 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #722 of 999
does this 1) stand not impact of pads? or better use second one pictured? but second collect dust in dynamics? second bad too for dust?

Attachments

• D5646D28-8EFB-4D91-9D0F-5FB09303984F.jpeg
    D5646D28-8EFB-4D91-9D0F-5FB09303984F.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 7B237904-CCD7-42D3-8239-6DE3CA30FEE3.jpeg
    7B237904-CCD7-42D3-8239-6DE3CA30FEE3.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Mar 18, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #723 of 999
does this 1) stand not impact of pads? or better use second one pictured? but second collect dust in dynamics? second bad too for dust?
In general, the less pressure on the earpads, the better, so I would opt for the second stand. To protect them from dust, it is best to store them in a closed cabinet or shelf.

Mar 19, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #724 of 999
What's the current situation with regard to DCA and the pad issues that folks have been having? I had read somewhere that DCA had come up with a new pad design. Does anyone know whether noire's are shipping with the new pads yet, and whether they're covering pad issues under/outside of warranty?

I'm nearly ready to pull the trigger on a pair of Noire's, but the pad issue is the last thing stopping me. Not gonna spend this sort of $$ on cans that need new pads every few months.

Mar 19, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #725 of 999
What's the current situation with regard to DCA and the pad issues that folks have been having? I had read somewhere that DCA had come up with a new pad design. Does anyone know whether noire's are shipping with the new pads yet, and whether they're covering pad issues under/outside of warranty?

I'm nearly ready to pull the trigger on a pair of Noire's, but the pad issue is the last thing stopping me. Not gonna spend this sort of $$ on cans that need new pads every few months.

Yes. I don't know how "new" the pad design is. Both my Stealth and Aeon Noire have some minor pad deformation, but it does not affect the fit, comfort, sound, or seal. They use a pretty soft and thick memory foam. Once the foam warms up, it does seal nicely to the ears. Also, as the leather breaks in, it will get a little softer. These are both good things in my book when it comes to comfort.

Mar 19, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #726 of 999

Exactly the same situation with me. I decided to buy Noire before Christmas and accidentally read about this pad issue 🤔 I'm starting to think about LCD-XC or Denon D9200.

Mar 19, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #728 of 999

FWIW, I've owned the Noire for about a year and a half, and any pad deformation is very minor. I recommend keeping the styrofoam block inserted between the cups at all times when not wearing the headphones in order to minimize the pressure on the foam.

Just generally, my appreciation for the Noire has grown considerably over the last month, as my Susvara has been on loan to another forum member, and the Noire have gotten quite a lot of head time lately. Previously, I generally would only listen to the Noire through my Benchmark DAC3 when I didn't want to power up my main system, and it sounded quite nice in that context. Now that I'm driving it with my speaker amp and tube preamp, it's really singing! I haven't heard most of the ZMFs, but I daresay the Noire has the best timbre of any closed back headphone I've heard other than perhaps the Stealth, which I find a bit clinical. To my ear, the Noire has a more organic overall sound, better staging, and a more pleasing bass than the Stealth. One listener's opinion, nothing more. The Noire represents a stellar value proposition in the current headphone landscape, IMHO.

Mar 19, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #730 of 999
FWIW, I've owned the Noire for about a year and a half, and any pad deformation is very minor. I recommend keeping the styrofoam block inserted between the cups at all times when not wearing the headphones in order to minimize the pressure on the foam.
Thanks for the input, but I'm just not going to do this. If I am buying a set of 'phones that fold up, and come with a case for storage of them in the folded up position, I am going to store them: in the case, folded up.

Mar 20, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #732 of 999
Thanks for the input, but I'm just not going to do this. If I am buying a set of 'phones that fold up, and come with a case for storage of them in the folded up position, I am going to store them: in the case, folded up.
Storing them in the case folded up and inserting the styrofoam block are not mutually exclusive. OTOH, I don’t really care what you do in the end analysis.

Mar 20, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #734 of 999
Ibought the A2C a couple months ago with extra perforated pads (the ones that come with the Noire) and had the opportunity to compare them to the old pads and the old pads are without a doubt softer and they also had the typical "old look" where they look squished (they have been used a bit since it's a demo model, but still). No pad problems yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back