Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire Discussion/Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #557 of 992
I just got my Noire's after selling off K702 and ZMF Classics, and man do these headphones have me going back through old music just to enjoy it. They're very good at ignoring how poorly mixed or recorded the old stuff/youtube videos are. Stuff like this sounds incredible:

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #559 of 992
have you asked DCA for a replacement non-defective pair
Do they have a revision that completly fixes it? I was under the impression it was inherent to the design and it just happens eventually with time. Then you have to reshape them every once in a while to get it mostly back to normal.

Jan 17, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #561 of 992
thx for your comments, oakparkmusicguy.

Also.... regarding "where is the slam"....

Reader, IN the video ive posted below, you have a great French Electronic/Dance Band.
In this live performance, you have a vocalist with a sweet yet soft vocal presentation and she's competing with a room full of Keys.
The sub bass is pretty strong, yet, inside the Noire's, you will find that the Vocal is a perfect match for the deep strong bass and kick drum which the Noire's represent as very textured and nicely dynamic.
Now, if your headphones are slamming too much and the bass is too big and the Vocals are not clear and present and balanced, then get yourself a set of Noire's, as the Noire's present the deep electronic bass and kick with full rich power, AND the soft Vocals as perfectly balanced and very CLEAR.
-
-

I listen to TONS of IDM electronic music. Noires are good for this?

Jan 17, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #563 of 992
How do you compare the Elegias to the Noire?
Not the OP, but the Elegias don't compete with the Noires at all. The Elegia and Noires are my two office headphones. but the Noires go home with me at the end of the day. The Elegia stock tuning is . . . strange but the Sheepskin and Stellia pads make it a much better headphone.

@Mansinthe86, The Dekoni sheepskins are the closest to stock that brings a slight M shape to the sound with a little more boost in the midrange – I absolutely prefer the stock pads, but I keep the Dekoni sheepskins on the pair that travels with me – they've been traveling in the carrying case for the last two years and they haven't deformed at all, but they also feel like they clamp harder than stock.

Jan 17, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #564 of 992
Not the OP, but the Elegias don't compete with the Noires at all. The Elegia and Noires are my two office headphones. but the Noires go home with me at the end of the day. The Elegia stock tuning is . . . strange but the Sheepskin and Stellia pads make it a much better headphone.

@Mansinthe86, The Dekoni sheepskins are the closest to stock that brings a slight M shape to the sound with a little more boost in the midrange – I absolutely prefer the stock pads, but I keep the Dekoni sheepskins on the pair that travels with me – they've been traveling in the carrying case for the last two years and they haven't deformed at all, but they also feel like they clamp harder than stock.
Thanks.. I'm concerned Noires might verge on silly looking on my head outside on walks. Looking like a satellite etc.

Jan 17, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #565 of 992
Thanks.. I'm concerned Noires might verge on silly looking on my head outside on walks. Looking like a satellite etc.
Well… to be honest, in my humble opinion, ALL over or on ear headphones look silly when worn outside… I think that bluetooth or wired earphones are a lot less conspicuous for outdoor use. But, that is just my opinion…

Jan 18, 2023 at 2:19 AM Post #566 of 992
Well… to be honest, in my humble opinion, ALL over or on ear headphones look silly when worn outside… I think that bluetooth or wired earphones are a lot less conspicuous for outdoor use. But, that is just my opinion…
Yeah, this is why ATH-WP900 is looking like the big winner for my commute for hi-fi on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back