Dallas, TX - Sunday, June 9th, 2013 - The "Not Quite In The Oven Yet" meetup
May 22, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #152 of 255
Quote:
Is there a minimum age to attend? I'm not sure what the average age of head-fiers are and I don't want to be the youngest one there.
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif

I suspect that the minimum age is being old enough to act responsibly and carefully with cans and other equipment that will be at the meet.

May 22, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #153 of 255
I'll be 16 then. There's a couple high school audiophiles out here. Lets hope we can all be responsible with eachothers gear.

May 22, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #154 of 255
We had some middle schoolers at the Austin meet in March and they were great. As long as you are careful and considerate age is not a factor.

May 22, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #156 of 255
I went to the austin meet... I'm only 14. :wink: Also, will Pabbi be there? I'll need to give him the stuf he gave me, as I moved to speakers and haven't had the funds to buy the last few parts due to my speaker system and newly acquired keyboard obsession. :wink:

May 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #157 of 255
I went to the austin meet... I'm only 14. :wink: Also, will Pabbi be there? I'll need to give him the stuf he gave me, as I moved to speakers and haven't had the funds to buy the last few parts due to my speaker system and newly acquired keyboard obsession. :wink:

Al usually ends up at these things.

May 23, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #159 of 255
Hey MT, what's the word on whether or not you're coming?

May 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #161 of 255
Quote:
So my brother will be in attendance again, and he's bought my upgraded Bifrost and picked up an Asgard 2 and DT990.  So, he'll have that to bring, but it shouldn't take up too much space.  For my source, I'm bringing a Peachtree iDAC along with a Halide Bridge and Matrix X-SPDIF, so we'll be able to compare the internal Peachtree USB input to the two USB-->SPDIF converters.

^ Referring to me.  I was also going to bring along the Westone 4Rs in case anyone wanted to try out the star tips. 

May 24, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #162 of 255
Apologies if this was stated and I missed this:

Clearly, first time post, long time lurker.  I have a pair of JH5s waiting on my ear molds and I haven't been able to find someone that's been able to follow their instructions clearly enough to the satisfaction of JHAudio.  Obviously, this means I haven't looked here for a good audiologist in Dallas, but anyways, will there be someone at the meet that would be able to either 1. do it or 2. direct me to a good person?

I've had these on hold for almost 18 months now because of this (I'm also highly lazy).  I'm also (since I don't have them and am curious as to if they would just let me upgrade) interested in maybe upgrading, heh.

Thanks for the noob post stuff

May 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #163 of 255
Quote:
Apologies if this was stated and I missed this:

Clearly, first time post, long time lurker.  I have a pair of JH5s waiting on my ear molds and I haven't been able to find someone that's been able to follow their instructions clearly enough to the satisfaction of JHAudio.  Obviously, this means I haven't looked here for a good audiologist in Dallas, but anyways, will there be someone at the meet that would be able to either 1. do it or 2. direct me to a good person?

I've had these on hold for almost 18 months now because of this (I'm also highly lazy).  I'm also (since I don't have them and am curious as to if they would just let me upgrade) interested in maybe upgrading, heh.

Thanks for the noob post stuff

These folks are in Austin:  http://rkaudiology.com/contact-us/

May 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #164 of 255
Quote:
I went to the austin meet... I'm only 14.
wink.gif
Also, will Pabbi be there? I'll need to give him the stuf he gave me, as I moved to speakers and haven't had the funds to buy the last few parts due to my speaker system and newly acquired keyboard obsession.
wink.gif

Al doesn't take tefunds... pay it forward to the DIYer of your choosing!   :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back