Dallas, TX - Sunday, June 9th, 2013 - The "Not Quite In The Oven Yet" meetup
Apr 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 255

Nick Dangerous

Mr. Tuberrific
Greetings Head-Fi'ers! We had two successful Dallas meets in 2012, so it's time to kick off the first for 2013 before it gets too hot...

Sunday, June 9th, 2013 - The "Not Quite In The Oven Yet" meetup - 10am to 7pm

Location is Preston Tower Condominiums at 6211 W Northwest Highway. It's the 29-story curved high-rise building w/bird sculpture fountain in front:

No need to sign in at the front desk. C'mon in the front door, turn right at the desk, and left at the hallway. Can't miss it. 

If you have yet to attend a Dallas meet at this location, mark your calendars & c'mon! Lots of fun these past two meets & this one should be no exception.

Reply if you are thinking of coming & if you will be bringing any gear. Let's get this rolling!

I will have the Decware CSP+ w/Resonesssence Concero and HD800 present. And a few surprises too...

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #3 of 255
Hope we can make it. I'll have to see what's going on. Any date is potentially good as long as I get at least 2 weeks in advance to request off.

No idea what I'll be bringing. Leben and some sort of TT hopefully. The Amadeus is being traded for a Kuzma Stabi/Stogi combo and I don't know the lead time on the Kuzma yet.

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 255
Awesome! I didn't get to hear the Leben in Austin, nor any vinyl. I hope I hate it. 
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #5 of 255
Will try my best to make it out to what promises to be a fantastic meet! Hopefully have nothing on that weekend.

Tentative as to what I'm bringing - as of right now it might just be the TH-900/HP-A8C + ATH-W3000 Annis. Subject to change if I bite on something I'm interested in and need funds.
redface.gif

Apr 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #6 of 255
Oh, changing to Saturdays.. not good for me.

Apr 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #7 of 255
I'll be there.  I'll probably just bring my LG and HE-6, HD800, and Mad Dog.  I might bring the ESP-950, especially if I finish modding the Stax adapter I bought.

Oh, and my LCD-3 sold last night and is on its way to the new owner, so that pair won't be present.  I hope someone will have some the LCD-2 or 3 on hand.  

Apr 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 255
Quote:

I've also received feedback that Sundays are better for some folks, so the trend is definitely for Sunday the 9th at this point. Or would the 2nd be preferable? (weekend after Memorial Day weekend tho... issues?)

The 9th would be fine for me.  Are there any college students in the North Texas group that still have exams?  Or would everyone be done by the 9th?  It's been long enough that I don't really know when the college semesters begin or end any more.

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #12 of 255
Will be there. With what gear I have no idea. GS-X will probably not be ready and BHA-1 might sell before then. Double Matrix might be my showing. M-Stage is a great cheap amp so it should be fine.

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #13 of 255
Quote:
Will be there. With what gear I have no idea. GS-X will probably not be ready and BHA-1 might sell before then. Double Matrix might be my showing. M-Stage is a great cheap amp so it should be fine.

While it would be extremely unfair for Justin to bump your GS-X in front of the others ahead of you, it would be awesome to expose the rest of the Texas group to it.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but I don't expect anything.

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #14 of 255
Quote:
Will try my best to make it out to what promises to be a fantastic meet! Hopefully have nothing on that weekend.

Tentative as to what I'm bringing - as of right now it might just be the TH-900/HP-A8C + ATH-W3000 Annis. Subject to change if I bite on something I'm interested in and need funds.
redface.gif

I'm definitely interested in hearing the W3000 (and another go with the TH900 never hurts).

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #15 of 255
While it would be extremely unfair for Justin to bump your GS-X in front of the others ahead of you, it would be awesome to expose the rest of the Texas group to it.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but I don't expect anything.

He can't give me any solid idea on a date. Still working on getting casing produced. It's possible, but at this point unlikely, and I don't want to pressure him. It will certainly be around for next Dallas meet later this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back