Dallas, TX - Sunday, June 9th, 2013 - The "Not Quite In The Oven Yet" meetup
May 20, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #136 of 255
Hey Gents. As you know I've had this on the calendar and was planning to be there. However, there is a logistical problem that I can't get around now.

Both the LL2 and LAu are out on tour.

The LL2 has a number stops left before it comes back to me on the audition tour. It may not return in time.

The LAu will be in Newport with the Cable Company about the same time as the meet.

Thus, there is the real possibility that I won't have any amps to bring. In which case, I should probably stay in Austin.
frown.gif

I will do my best.

May 20, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #137 of 255
Hey Gents. As you know I've had this on the calendar and was planning to be there. However, there is a logistical problem that I can't get around now.

Both the LL2 and LAu are out on tour.

The LL2 has a number stops left before it comes back to me on the audition tour. It may not return in time.

The LAu will be in Newport with the Cable Company about the same time as the meet.

Thus, there is the real possibility that I won't have any amps to bring. In which case, I should probably stay in Austin. :frowning2:

I will do my best.

That's a shame. Guess we need Dave to bring his LG. :)

May 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #139 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by runeight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thus, there is the real possibility that I won't have any amps to bring. In which case, I should probably stay in Austin.
frown.gif

I will do my best.

Aw shucks, but no worries. Just play it by ear on the timing. Besides, I host two meets a year... 
L3000.gif
dt880smile.png

May 20, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #141 of 255
If I listen to something way out of my price range, will I be able to control my desire to buy it? Kind of tempted to not listen to the HD 800s for that reason...

No. Sorry.

Considering Dave has my favorite HD800 rig (LG + HD800) I'd suggest avoiding it at all costs.

May 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #142 of 255
Quote:
frown.gif

I will do my best.

Hey, just because you don't have any amps doesn't mean you can't come
smily_headphones1.gif

maybe bring some cans, or just come to talk about future plans, or just hang out!

May 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #144 of 255
There is going to be so much irony if june 9th is a record high.

Also, you can go if you don't have amazing gear, right? All I own so far are the HD 280 Pros, and no one will want to hear those.

May 20, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #145 of 255
Quote:
There is going to be so much irony if june 9th is a record high.

Also, you can go if you don't have amazing gear, right? All I own so far are the HD 280 Pros, and no one will want to hear those.

What do you think this is, some sort of elitist-type community? :wink:
Of course you can come. Bring the 280's too! Someone might want to hear them.

May 21, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #147 of 255
So my brother will be in attendance again, and he's bought my upgraded Bifrost and picked up an Asgard 2 and DT990.  So, he'll have that to bring, but it shouldn't take up too much space.  For my source, I'm bringing a Peachtree iDAC along with a Halide Bridge and Matrix X-SPDIF, so we'll be able to compare the internal Peachtree USB input to the two USB-->SPDIF converters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back