Dali Headphones
Oct 25, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #47 of 1,056
Thanks both! ~5.5cm is what I currently use so Dali should be OK.

Oct 25, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #48 of 1,056
Do you wear glasses with thick frames? I wear glasses all the time, but with relatively thin frames. They caused little issue on the PX7, but would be minded to get a more neutral sounding headphones, like the Dali’s seem to be.
I would say medium thick frames. The headphones push glasses down so I get discomfort on my nose! (I know it sounds weird). Would have loved to bring them to work to see if it becomes a real problem after a while.

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #49 of 1,056
Does anyone have contact information as to where one can obtain these in the USA?
Thanks

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #50 of 1,056
Does anyone have contact information as to where one can obtain these in the USA?
Thanks
Any Dali dealer in the USA should be able to order them as far as I know, but they haven't reached the US distributor yet. I believe a Dali rep mentioned in this thread recently that they'd be available in the US sometime in November. I contacted a dealer the other day about getting one. We'll see how things go.

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #51 of 1,056
Thanks. I just contacted a dealer and they will call Dali and inquire for me.

I am not a fan of either Bose or Sony as they both sound poor (imho) and I do not like the pressure effect of their ANC (although I do realize it is best in class).

I had the original B&O H9 and currently own the H9i.
I have a pair of B&W PX7 on demo however they are going back- build and ANC are nice - sound leaves me unimpressed.

If the Dali can beat my H9i then I will be quite happy

Oct 26, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #53 of 1,056
Got a pair of the Io 6 at the begining of the week and I am really enjoying them but I have a couple of questions for other people who have tried them.. on all the reviews it stats that transparency mode will pause the music when selected but mine just keeps playing,valso not matter how long they are charged they will not go above 90%, I am also getting a high pitched tone which lasts for 5 seconds at random times (really Not that frequent) is anyone else experiencing the same.

Oct 26, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #54 of 1,056
Got a pair of the Io 6 at the begining of the week and I am really enjoying them but I have a couple of questions for other people who have tried them.. on all the reviews it stats that transparency mode will pause the music when selected but mine just keeps playing,valso not matter how long they are charged they will not go above 90%, I am also getting a high pitched tone which lasts for 5 seconds at random times (really Not that frequent) is anyone else experiencing the same.

Thank you for sharing these issues. I will run them by our quality department to see what causes them.

Oct 26, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #55 of 1,056

Thank you for sharing these issues. I will run them by our quality department to see what causes them.

I charged mine once and they didn’t go above 90%, I’m going to try again once I’m down to below 20% hope this is fixable? the music doesn’t stop playing when transparency mode is on, the music just lowers slightly while the voice says transparency mode. I haven't heard any high pitched tone at all.

Oct 26, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #56 of 1,056

I've never had an issue with noises except once off my old DAP player which was more of a pop than a tone. I think it was something to do with the DAP and the bt sign though and it was once.

The anc transparency as mentioned just lowers the sound slightly but doesn't really help with hearing much IMHO but I prefer to take them off if I need hear anything myself. Id feel rude leaving them on but this might be a thing for others.

It does not lower the volume much and you don't hear a lot of your surroundings with transparency.

As for charge, I've had it say 'fully charged' once.UUsually its 90%, as low as 80% once. Something I need test more is the battery

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #57 of 1,056
Don't get me wrong if I send these back it will only be for an exchange as they are extremely impressive when compared to others in the similar price range.. I have had one of those weeks where everything from my car to the elevator has broken on me so i am dubious about the bleep and battery. At least the transparency mode seems ok.

Oct 26, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #58 of 1,056
having mine for a week now, it blocks out nicely the trains, office sounds, voices sound more from a distant. Using it mostly with my dell xps 7390 (Running Ubuntu) . The Dali io-6 is nice and comfy.

Don't have the high pitch tone.

Didn't completely charge it yet, I will try it. Somethimes en turning it on it will say battery level 60% , when turn it off after lets 10 minutes and turn it on again, it would say level 70% :)

only annoying thing probably because inheritance of bluetooth technology, is that connection gets cut, and after a while the headphone will shout Bluetooth disconnected , but my laptop still thinks it is connected ... :D

Also connected it via usb on my laptop , it sees it I can choose Analog stereo and Digital Stereo IEC958, but no sound coming out :frowning2:

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #60 of 1,056
Don't get me wrong if I send these back it will only be for an exchange as they are extremely impressive when compared to others in the similar price range.. I have had one of those weeks where everything from my car to the elevator has broken on me so i am dubious about the bleep and battery. At least the transparency mode seems ok.

If it turns out to be a warranty issue, you can exchange them to a new set at any DALI IO dealer world wide. Just remember to have the receipt in hand (online receipt will do).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back