dac"s with blue led's
Jul 26, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #17 of 33
Oh, and I though this thread might be about finding a DAC that does not come with those blue glares... AQVOX uses blue LEDs too, but they have diffusor buttons in front of them, so they are not bright, which I appreciate.

Jul 26, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #18 of 33
Purple LEDs are the way to go IMHO:

newleds2.jpg

[size=xx-small](Image from www.seibass.com)[/size]

Jul 26, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #19 of 33
Jul 27, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFNDeal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scientists now believe blue leds are linked to some forms of cancer...

http://www.texyt.com/bright%20blue%2...health%20risks

Just a heads up.

Quote:

Blue light at night reduces our bodies' melatonin levels, which can disturb sleep – this is generally accepted. What is far less certain [PDF] is a link between low levels of melatonin, a weakened immune system, and cancer.

Basically they're saying if you sleep with blue lights in your room it may lower your melatonin levels. By lowering melatonin levels it may keep you from sleeping, and by keeping you from sleeping it may weaken your immune system, which may cause your body more susceptible to cancer.

Good thing I don't have any blue led's in my bedroom!

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #21 of 33
thanks for all the great pictures...yes show me your blue!
many great suggestions ...that north star 192 is very sexy indeed.
recently saw some Naim green and that was very NICE
tongue.gif

but really if I am going to spend $750 (CI VDA2 plus the extra PSU) or just under 800 large on a Stello DA100...I think the led colors May just be a deciding factor. I can read all the opinions on Head fi and not really know before I buy which is trully for ME. It really comes down to personal preferences and why not let the led color be a factor. some of you do need to lighten up some and maybe leave headfi
biggrin.gif

Blue can be very peaceful, red exciting, green festive, purple...prince?...you get them all and you have a christmas tree!
icon10.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Basically they're saying if you sleep with blue lights in your room it may lower your melatonin levels. By lowering melatonin levels it may keep you from sleeping, and by keeping you from sleeping it may weaken your immune system, which may cause your body more susceptible to cancer.

Ok, try this! Buy equipment with blue leds and enjoy the burning sensation in your retinas. Then just go to your chemist/pharmacist and buy some over the counter Melatonin supplement tablets. That should work right?
Actually, you could buy equipment with blue leds, hopefully not too bright otherwise you will need to modify the equipment by adding about 2k worth of resistor in series to reduce the current flow. You should know however that using high output blue leds that are not current limited is a hazard to your vision. However,blue leds do look very nice when the current is reduced significantly. :wink:

Jul 27, 2007 at 2:34 PM Post #24 of 33
csxr3.jpg

the Presonus CentralStation has more blindingly blue LEDs than you can shake a stick at.
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #25 of 33
MY DAC-ah and blue LED live in harmony.

Jul 27, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by tako_tsubo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Blue can be very peaceful...

Not when the LED is blindingly bright (and I believe just about every blue LED I've ever had on an electronic has been blindingly bright, usually to the point that it is very difficult to appreciate the blue light; blue LEDs are just too fatiguing).

Jul 28, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherepashka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When i see threads like this i wanna leave head-fi..

Eye candy is giving you too many cavities?
wink.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #30 of 33
from wikipedia;
Azure is a color, about halfway between blue and cyan, which resembles the sky on a bright, clear day. It is a pure chroma on the color wheel between blue and cyan...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back