DAC recommendations for Campfire Audio Andro 2020
Jul 24, 2021 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kagerou

Head-Fier
Hi everyone, as the title says, I'm looking for DAC recommendations for the CA Andromeda 2020. I've been exclusively using the Witch Girl 12 now for a couple years and am ready for a change, and I've always admired the Andromeda's aesthetics but never really liked the sound until the newest edition.
I'm looking for a DAC that would pair well with it. I tend to like musicality over neutrality and my musical tastes are pretty much anything and everything

Thank you to everyone in advance :)

Aug 11, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #3 of 6
I can only recommend a Cowon Plenue (which one depends on your budget)! Dead silent background even with the most sensible IEMs, lots of possibilities with the EQ / Jet Effect, to me they are the best.

Nov 12, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 6
I love the treble on the Andromeda 2020 but crave more bass response. I find that the Astell & Kern SP2000T on Hybrid Amp mode (uses both solid state and tube amp) helps open up the bass response while retaining the treble resolution.

JVC Spiral Dot tips also seem to improve bass response slightly.

Nov 12, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #6 of 6
close to 0 output impedance and low noize floor. that is all you need for andro 2020.
I'd say Ibasso DC04 Pro is a solid choice, because it's 0.3 ohm output impedance and a very good performing dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back