Feb 18, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #31 of 44
Ah, I think im going to buy a DA220 and a HagUSB XLR
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, I think im going to buy a DA220 and a HagUSB XLR
biggrin.gif

Are you getting one from For Sale, steal price for a great DAC?

Feb 18, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #34 of 44
I have really been eying the Stello DACs. This thread is not helping.
biggrin.gif
Does anyone know how well the HP100 mates with the DA100? I'm in the market for a new headphone amp and dac and I can't decide if I want to exclusively go with Stello, or get their dac and an opera or hr-2.

Feb 18, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #35 of 44
From what I've read, great amp but might a bit more colored comparing to something like GS-1. IronDreamer reviewed DA100/HP100 combo in his DACs review, link should be somewhere in his sig. I personally use Stello with GS-1, and just love this combo, which btw matches greatly with W5000. Can't wait for new MOSFET modules to try.

Mar 2, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #36 of 44
I'm only at the bottom of the first page, but have you considered the Apogee mini-DAC (it upsamples).

Here is a great review, and without USB can be found around your price. Be sure to read all the way through to the bottom: apogeedac

Mar 3, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No.. Some are modified to be NOS dacs..

So upsampling is bad? Which DAC1s dont upsample? And why is upsampling bad, in simple terms? Does it "color" the presentation?

Mar 3, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #42 of 44
I ended up with an Apogee mini-DAC as my main DAC, and a HeadRoom Micro DAC portable as my backup DAC for home (iBasso D1 for portable).

The HR Micro DAC has about 30 hours on it (running since 3pm Sat) but the Apogee is well burned-in and on it's way. I have to say that so far the HeadRoom already surpasses the iBasso D1 DAC in it's fullness and depth, which is surprising considering that they use almost the same chipsets and the iBasso has over 1,000 hours on it. But, they do have different DAC opamps, and I have been rolling them in the D1 for the past week to find the best one. I'll have more on the way, and am looking for a LM6172 on a browndog DIP adapter if anyone has one
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have really been eying the Stello DACs. This thread is not helping.
biggrin.gif
Does anyone know how well the HP100 mates with the DA100? I'm in the market for a new headphone amp and dac and I can't decide if I want to exclusively go with Stello, or get their dac and an opera or hr-2.

That combo sounds good. I almost sell my MS2i until I acquired the DA100, now really love my MS2i.

Mar 3, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #44 of 44
Yea, the head-fier that sold me the HR-2 a stello and said the combo worked great together. Unfortunately I'm moving so I have to save my money for things like a dresser and couch. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back