DAC for Schiit Asgard
Feb 7, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #2 of 25
Congrats, I definetely say get the bifrost if that's something in your range, if you want more portability, then the nuforce HDP, if you want something slightly cheaper, get the HRT MS2+

the bifrost is really good in soundstage and pairing with my lyr +k701, while some tracks still being analytical a little bit, when not doing AB testing, I enjoy my setup

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 25
Well the bitfrost is way out of my price range.  I was thinking 175 for a dac tops.  I will be using the HD598's with this combo.  They already have a nice open soundstage but they are just lacking drive.  I love the way they sound by themselves with just my Motherboard's DAC and would like to keep that same sound just punch up the drive a little.  :D

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #4 of 25
If you like the quality of your sound already, just get the Asgaard.

You will love it. Especially with the HD598 it is magical. Enjoy.

Get a DAC only after not being happy with what you got :wink:

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #10 of 25
Feb 8, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #11 of 25
Actually, scratch that link and sorry for the double post, but I can't seem to change the link in the previous post. Look up '3.5mm to RCA monoprice' at Amazon. The first listing seems to have sturdier connectors on the RCA end than the one in the link I posted above.

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #12 of 25
Another recommendation for the HRT Music Streamer II. You will not need RCA cables with the HRT Music Streamer II. With two male-to-male RCA couplers you can plug it directly to the Asgard.

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #15 of 25
I have the asgard and had an hd598.  Not needed.  It did not open up the headphone at all.  It sounded the same through my gaming Astro mixamp. The only benefit i have found from an amp for the hd598 is that it gets louder.  Nothing more.
As for a Dac and the hd598 i always recommend a dac but do NOT bother getting anything more than a udac with the headphone.  The hd598 does not have good detail retrieval at all and the bifrost would be way over kill. One of the reasons i loved my 598 so much. Sometimes my other equipment is so analytical that it is more neat to listen to than musical.  The 598's are musical because of the detail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back