DAC advice requested!
Jul 19, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #17 of 43
Yup, that is good enough for me, but the problem is, to captialise on that, it effectively rules out the DAC19DF model due to it being 16/48.

I suppose you can ask KingWa for DAC-19DF USB upgrade to newest Tenor 24/96 implementation... DF1704 allows 24/96.

Heck, he spoiled me to the extent that every piece of gear I ordered from him was customized in some way.

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #18 of 43

Quote:
I suppose you can ask KingWa for DAC-19DF USB upgrade to newest Tenor 24/96 implementation... DF1704 allows 24/96.

Heck, he spoiled me to the extent that every piece of gear I ordered from him was customized in some way.

Heh. That's nice. Well, I've sent an email through last Friday, and I sent one a few days before that which apparently did not get through. So I'll wait and see what he says. I still haven't gotten a reply, but it's only Monday.

Wish I could change the design of the case though lol.

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #19 of 43
Hello, I am thinking of buying a DAC (without amplifier) to feed my headphone amp. It'd be great if it had USB, digit and RCA analog inputs, and stereo RCA output.

Is there any good one under 150 USD?

Thanks!

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #20 of 43

Quote:
Hello, I am thinking of buying a DAC (without amplifier) to feed my headphone amp. It'd be great if it had USB, digit and RCA analog inputs, and stereo RCA output.

Is there any good one under 150 USD?

Thanks!

I think the Musiland Monitor 02 does all that :)

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #22 of 43

Quote:
Can I use it without a computer? I would use it sometimes connected to CD player.

Ah. That might be a problem lol. I don't think it can. I'll have a look to see what else you can look at a tad later. Having my dinner at the moment :)

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #23 of 43
Gigawork

That's one that is supposed to be decent if you can put a case together. I'm not very good with the other models in that price range though so hopefully someone will be able to chime in, but the Gigawork one got pretty good reviews from my local forum.

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #24 of 43

Quote:
Gigawork

That's one that is supposed to be decent if you can put a case together. I'm not very good with the other models in that price range though so hopefully someone will be able to chime in, but the Gigawork one got pretty good reviews from my local forum.

How can I find out whether it's a popular and good DAC, or find any test of it?

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #26 of 43
Jul 19, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #27 of 43

Quote:

It accepts coax, optical and usb and outputs rca if I'm not mistaken.

you might be better off having a browse in the forums on a review of the ZERO, I'm not too sure about that DAC myself unfortunately. I would recommend reading up a little because I myself am a little hazy on DACs.

Jul 19, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #28 of 43
Any other suggestion about a relatively cheap but good DAC, which can be used by any digital sources, not just by PC?

Jul 19, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #29 of 43
Any DAC can be used by digital sources its their very purpose.
redface.gif

You will find mostly spdif input and toslink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back