D3 Python and P2 Heron Arrive!
Oct 5, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #76 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi HiFlight,

With this P3's setup, is the P3's soundstage close to the ZH1's?

TIA.

Yes it is quite similar if I activate the crossfeed in my Rockboxed iRiver H120.
To really compare the 2, both need to either have crossfeed enable or disabled.

As I like a well-implemented crossfeed, I activate it for all of my amps except the ZH-1. I leave the default crossfeed on with the ZH-1 and turn it off on my iRiver when using the 2 together.

Oct 5, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #77 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well add me to the list. I just took the plunge and ordered the D3 Python. This will be my first DAC/amp, so I am excited at the options. The only other headphone amp I've owned was the Minibox-E. I have a Beyerdynamic DT150 on the way from Singapore as well, so let's hope this combo has some great synergy!

Ckhirnigs113,

You are going to be very pleased with your D3. It is very versatile and the sound is great. The lineout feature and being able to use the DAC on a standalone basis is great if you have a pair of self-amplified speakers like the audioengines (on my wish list) or my older sony self-amplified desktop speakers. You can really hear the difference the D3 DAC makes through self-powered speakers vs. the DAC in my old Dell laptop. For a first time purchase of a DAC/amp combo, I think its a great value.

My Zenhead ZH-1 is getting smoother and less grainy with every hour I put on it. I guess it needs a lot of time to burn in. Vocals seemed extremely recessed to me when I first started listening to it and now not so much after approx. 30 plus hours on the amp.

Right now I am going to use my Beyer DT 880/250s with the D3 Python at home with my laptop as a source.

I am going use my Zenhead with IEM's for my workspace. I think the Zenhead is a great amp if you are going to use an IPOD or any other DAP as your source. The Zenhead really maximizes the amount of detail you can extract from the DAC of a portable player.

I am looking for a great pair of closed headphones to use with the Zenhead. I am wondering if Beyerdynamic is coming out with an updated version of the DT 770's. Amazon had the 2005 Beyer DT 770/250 ohm headphones priced at $147 and Headroom is no longer showing them on their website. I guess I'll wait a while.

Oct 5, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #78 of 240
Hey HiFlight, going to pony up and get the P3. Thanks again for all your impressions, and hope to hear more about what works and doesn't work in the future.
Any tips on purchasing opamps? Where to go, what to get; is there a kit, or a list of opamps everyone should have? Sorry if it's a lot of trouble, having a hard time filtering out useful information on the forum while searching for opamp entries...

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #79 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by tha_dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone here compared the D3 DAC with the Pico DAC?

+1

How does the D3 with DAC compare to the Pico with DAC?

How do the amps compare?

How do the DACs compare?

This comparison would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Oct 6, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #80 of 240
beyersmile.png

Now I had to go out and buy both the Heron and Python think I will do my amp rolling and do what HiFlight is doing running the Dac into the P3.

atleast I hope to have an amp that can drive my 650's better than my XM4

wink.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #81 of 240
I hate all of you, but I especially hate hiflight and mrarroyo and , WTH, fort worth keith too.

you MADE me order the D3 tonight, I had no choice, it is your fault!!!!

I'm saving this post for the bankruptcy judge.

mrarroyo is especially evil, waxing delirious for the D3 on the RSA71a thread,
have you no sense of financial responsibility for your fellow man?

Cant wait to get the amp though
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #84 of 240
Wow, I just get more and more anxious for mine to arrive! Keep the praise coming.

Oct 6, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #86 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a PayPal confirmation for my D3 order but iBasso hasn't sent a separate confirmation.
Did you guys hear from iBasso prior to shipment?

You should get a separate email with a shipping notification and tracking number.

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #87 of 240
My tracking number from iBasso only had 10 digits. The EMS website said it required a 13-digit number. Anyone else have this problem?

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #89 of 240
Quote:

My tracking number from iBasso only had 10 digits. The EMS website said it required a 13-digit number. Anyone else have this problem?

I think they are using DHL now. It took mine 3 days to get here.

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #90 of 240
Quote:

I wouldn't bother trying to track your package via DHL. My package was delivered at my work address faster than DHL would update the shipment status and location. I ordered my D3 on a Friday eastern time, and my order was processed on a Monday and delivered to me in Tallahassee Florida the same week on a Thursday or Friday all the way from Hong Kong!

I did get an order confirmation from someone in Hong Kong on the Monday the order was processed.

You guys are going to really like your D3's. I'm listening to Steel Pulse as I type this and the D3 with my Beyer 880s just sounds better and better.

I'm completely sold on IBasso. If they ever come out with a tube amp or tube hybrid amp I will order one without even bothering to read other Head-Fier's reviews. Its obvious that the designer of the D3 really cares about build quality and design. The blue LED visible from the rear indicating the line out is working and the red LED power indicator in the front is a nice touch as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back