D3 Python and P2 Heron Arrive!
Oct 10, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #136 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I have never used a DAC/Amp combo before, but I can't seem to get the amp and DAC working at the same time. I have the USB connected to the D3 and my headphones connected to the output on the front, but I get no sound. The music is playing on the speakers, but there isn't anything coming from the amp. Any tips?

C
regular_smile .gif

Go to preferences > sound and select USB device that should do it

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #137 of 240
Quote:

Ok, I have never used a DAC/Amp combo before, but I can't seem to get the amp and DAC working at the same time. I have the USB connected to the D3 and my headphones connected to the output on the front, but I get no sound. The music is playing on the speakers, but there isn't anything coming from the amp. Any tips?

If you have a cable connected to the input of the d3, then you have to disconnect it to hear from the output(headphones).

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #138 of 240
Quote:

What computer are you using? On my Mac I have to go into preferences and click on the "sound" and then click on the USB device.

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #139 of 240
Quote:

My D3 Python arrived today. Right out of the box, I am very pleased with the build quality. It looks great with the charcoal/silver casing. I am listening to it right now with my KSC35's connected to a 5G iPod Video with barqy-made line-out and am hearing many things I've never heard before in very familiar songs. This is with no burn-in at all.

The instrument separation is phenomenal even with these $20 phones. There is absolutely no sibilance or edginess to the sound. The bass is very textured and detailed. It still has the bass slam intact that I love, but I can hear many more nuances with the amp attached. It is very smooth compared with the headphone out of the iPod. I can't wait to get my DT150's in the mail soon. I'll be sure and post with more impressions after I use the DAC and once I receive my new phones.

This is where I jump in off topic to praise the KSC35 as being on the same audio performance level (or very close) as SR-80 or MS-1. They sound even better when placed in a $1.99 parts-express.com mini-headphone headband.

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #140 of 240
Quote:

did u switch your d3 on when using the dac/amp combo? if u want to just use the dac alone, the line out is actually from the input jack and u need not on on your d3. if u want to use dac/amp combo, switch on your d3 and connect your phone to the output jack. hope this helps....
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #141 of 240
Quote:

Go to your Windows sound control panel and change it from the built-in sound card to the USB DAC.

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #142 of 240
Ok, I am using a PC and iTunes. In the control panel, it says it is using the USB DAC. I just can't get any sound out of the output. I don't need to use the DAC by itself. Are there some settings in iTunes that need to be changed?

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #143 of 240
I feel very dumb. All it took was closing iTunes and then opening it again to I guess reset the sound settings. All is well now! Thanks, CK

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #144 of 240
Quote:

Ok, I am using a PC and iTunes. In the control panel, it says it is using the USB DAC. I just can't get any sound out of the output. I don't need to use the DAC by itself. Are there some settings in iTunes that need to be changed?

Make sure that you have nothing plugged into the input (next to the volume control) when you have the DAC plugged into the rear and the headphones plugged into the Output.

Make sure the volume knob is turned on. (needless to say)

Make sure the batteries are installed as per the diagram on the back cover.

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #145 of 240
Quote:

I feel very dumb. All it took was closing iTunes and then opening it again to I guess reset the sound settings. All is well now! Thanks, CK

OK, you are dumb
regular_smile .gif
(join the crowd) But let's say computer dumb, but aurally smart..........and we know what's more important.

But, more importantly: how do you like the sound with the D3 DAC ?

Oct 10, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #146 of 240
It sounds great and there seems to be more bass than when listening to the iPod line out. I only have the KSC35 right now, so I will be able to do more detailed comparisons when my Beyerdynamic DT150 comes in. So far so good.

Oct 10, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #147 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is where I jump in off topic to praise the KSC35 as being on the same audio performance level (or very close) as SR-80 or MS-1. They sound even better when placed in a $1.99 parts-express.com mini-headphone headband.

That's not something strange. I prefer the sound of my KSC35 than my MS1, despite the fact that the MS1 is more comfortable.

Oct 10, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #148 of 240
I enjoy the PortaPros all the time. Great headphones especially when you can find them for 20 dollars.

Oct 10, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #149 of 240
I don't see how the KSC35 could be anymore comfortable when you put one of the many cheap headband mods on them. It feels like it's not even there. I personally didn't like the ear clips on the KSC35 or KSC75.

Now...Back to the amps.

Oct 10, 2008 at 9:44 AM Post #150 of 240
How quick is iBasso at processing orders usually? I ordered a D3 on Monday, (the 6th) with Paypal directly from my bank account. I got the confirmation from Paypal that the payment went through, and the money was taken out of my account, but I still have no confirmation from iBasso. Should I be worried? I was pretty excited too, since this is my first headphone amp purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back