D2000 with musiland monitor 02 not getting enough bass help?
Aug 14, 2010 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pjpark

New Head-Fier
I don't know much about high end audio and all that stuff I bought the d2000 because heard its very comfortable and has decent SQ with lots of bass.  I found the d2000 to be very comfortable but the bass was lacking. 

I don't know why I'm not hearing what everyone else is hearing.  Is it because I'm running it off a musiland monitor via my computer.  My onboard computer sound driver is the realtek hd audio, but since I have a musiland shouldn't it not matter what my onboard is?

I hope its the settings that are off not the equipment. Any help?

Aug 14, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 10
that's quite weird cause Musiland 02 should be able to drive low impedance headphones. Did you plug them into the 'low' headphone jack, instead of the high one?

Aug 14, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #3 of 10
I didn't know one hp jack was for low impedance and the other one for high.  I just always use the first jack and it sound a little better on the first jack.  I'm guessing I'm on the right jack. I'm not saying the bass is non existent but I'm feeling that I'm not getting the bass that is advertised.  The bass seems to be slightly better than my cheapo jvc marshmallows.

Aug 21, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #6 of 10
Thing is I'm not a basshead and i've been using cheap iems and a koss portapro. The bass on the d2000s are indeed more high quality but the actual amount of bass (I don't know if I'm using correct terminology here) is comparable to the portapro.  So I'm guessing there is a setup error that I'm not aware of or these can might be defective. 

I'm not a sound expert but the way I setup my musiland was pretty much USB plug and play.  I downloaded ad musiland driver and plugged in my headphones.  That was it.  I'm not sure if this has to do with anything but the onboard sound on my computer is realtek hd audio.

So even if I sell these headphones I want to solve this bass problem because I don't want the guy I'm selling it to to be complaining about the same thing.

Aug 21, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #7 of 10
I used a NuForce Icon Mobile with D2000s and it sounded great.  Even though they're low impedance, they need good synergy or a decent amount of power to drive them properly.

Aug 22, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #10 of 10
Play around, plug d2000 in different sources and see whats going on.You should pm user that sold you d2000 , maybe he can help you out. Dont own portas but have px100 and they are bass heavy , still d2000 has more bass(quantity).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back