D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2015
Aug 29, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #211 of 234
Remember the phrase "Amar sent me" to get entrance for $10

Thanks! May someone bring a pair of HD 650s? I recently tested out a silver driver pair and found them to be much less veiled with nice speakers in a room voicing but forgot to test how the upper mid dip handles crunchy distorted guitars. The dial in a buzzsaw tone to your crappy solid state combo amp as it sucks type, not the plug into boom box Mountain Goats/Burzum/Soviet rock type.

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #212 of 234
Starting to pack...what time do we kick off? Any help needed earlier to set up?

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #214 of 234
I'll shoot for 9...maybe a little earlier to get some coffee and lounge. :)

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #215 of 234
Thanks! May someone bring a pair of HD 650s? I recently tested out a silver driver pair and found them to be much less veiled with nice speakers in a room voicing but forgot to test how the upper mid dip handles crunchy distorted guitars. The dial in a buzzsaw tone to your crappy solid state combo amp as it sucks type, not the plug into boom box Mountain Goats/Burzum/Soviet rock type.

Not sure what you're referring to. However I will have my HD650.

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #216 of 234
Starts at 10. I am planning to be there at 9 to set up. Any extra help would be appreciated, and the faster we set up the sooner we can get to listening.

I'm at the show and just ran into the Urban HiFi guys. Mark said he'll bring an extra MicroZOTL for us to demo. I just listened to it briefly and it sounds great. It operates differently from other class A amps. Not sure how it all works but it does not run hot. It's cool to the touch.
Mark said he could even get David to come and give an explanation of the ZOTL technology.

gandhisfist, can you contact him and receive the amp and give him the optimal time to have David stop by?
I'd be glad to help, but I just don't have any of the show logistics.

Mark's contact info: PM me and I can provide it.

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #217 of 234
I'm at the show and just ran into the Urban HiFi guys. Mark said he'll bring an extra MicroZOTL for us to demo. I just listened to it briefly and it sounds great. It operates differently from other class A amps. Not sure how it all works but it does not run hot. It's cool to the touch.
Mark said he could even get David to come and give an explanation of the ZOTL technology.

gandhisfist, can you contact him and receive the amp and give him the optimal time to have David stop by?
I'd be glad to help, but I just don't have any of the show logistics.

Mark's contact info: PM me and I can provide it.

Thanks, PM sent.

Aug 29, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #218 of 234
Not sure what you're referring to. However I will have my HD650.

Thanks. Compared to the original black driver version. The guitar thing? Think Entombed's Left Hand Path.
Starts at 10. I am planning to be there at 9 to set up. Any extra help would be appreciated, and the faster we set up the sooner we can get to listening.

I'll try to be there before 10 and will be in death metal shirt.

Aug 29, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #219 of 234
Thanks. Compared to the original black driver version. The guitar thing? Think Entombed's Left Hand Path.
I'll try to be there before 10 and will be in death metal shirt.

Sounds good. Just spoke with the folks at MicroZOTL and they will be bringing two amps to the meet. I have a couple interconnects but would appreciate if someone else could also bring some so that we can hook those up to different dacs and check them out. They will stop by the meet around 12pm to give a short talk on their unique amplifier design, so be sure to be there before then if you want to check that out.

Also some basic ground rules for the meet tomorrow:

Please be hygienic for the meet and refrain from using any product in your hair, we are going to be wearing other peoples stuff so its important to respect it. I don't expect anyone not to be, but I do want to mention it anyway.

Be sure to bring an extension cord and power strip for your gear.

Do not move anything from a person's station without asking for permission first and return it when you are done, we don't want anyone to lose anything.

I think that covers the major points, please feel free to chime in if you think I missed something.

Aug 29, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #220 of 234
Meet Rules

Please treat fellow head-fiers and their gear with the utmost care and respect.
Please don't unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
Please don't turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
Please don't move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
Absolutely no food and drink will be allowed near any equipment including your own.
Please have courtesy and ensure that your hands are CLEAN before handling other’s equipment.
Be mindful of the time you are spending listening to others’ gear especially if there are others waiting in line.
Be mindful of personal hygiene. DO NOT use hair gel or other product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.

Aug 29, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #221 of 234
Meet Rules

Please treat fellow head-fiers and their gear with the utmost care and respect.
Please don't unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
Please don't turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
Please don't move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
Absolutely no food and drink will be allowed near any equipment including your own.
Please have courtesy and ensure that your hands are CLEAN before handling other’s equipment.
Be mindful of the time you are spending listening to others’ gear especially if there are others waiting in line.
Be mindful of personal hygiene. DO NOT use hair gel or other product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.

Thanks Barry, that should cover it.

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #222 of 234
HhBPE7n.jpg

All set for the meet tomorrow!

Aug 29, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #223 of 234
All packed....now all I have to listen to is my iPad. :)

Aug 30, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #224 of 234
Hey guys, just received an email from Gary notifying me that we will be in a Plaza Ballroom, however I haven't received confirmation about which one yet.  I will update the thread as I get more details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back