1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2015

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16
Next

Last
  1. gandhisfist

Don't forget the cost of the marker! [​IMG]

2. kayan

Everyone who comes can donate 50 cents to the "Reimburse Sheldaze for the Nametags Fund"

By my estimation you may make enough back to also pay for that marker too :D

3. Barry S
    The name tags with forum/real names is a good idea--I can barely remember one name. Good news-- in addition to the latest Dharma pre-production, we're getting a fancy new DAC courtesy of Mark Sossa at Well Pleased AV. Which DAC you ask? A fancy $2K+ DAC with a name you wouldn't recognize and I can't remember at the moment.

4. sheldaze
    I think @gandhisfist was volunteering to stop by the store on the way. And given that we do have a discount for entry, 50-cents per person into a donation cup (to recoup the cost of name tags) makes perfect sense.

Oh boy! More toys! To keep it in perspective, is the DAC a Delta-Sigma or something else [​IMG] 
    I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what can and cannot be played through a R2R. I can explain more at the meet.

5. Barry S

It's delta-sigma DAC. Maybe you remember them--six months ago everyone thought they sounded great. Be on the bleeding edge of the 2016 delta-sigma DAC revival! :rolleyes:

6. gandhisfist
    Hey guys, quick update on the meet. We will be in the Regency ballroom, not the Plaza III ballroom.

7. TimeLord

Thanks for the update.

Did anyone go to CAF today? I'm wondering if I should go tomorrow for a bit and just focus on the meet on Sunday.

8. Barry S

If you have the time, I recommend going Saturday to see the main show. I haven't been to this one yet, but there are a lot of rooms and some awesome setups. It takes a lot of time getting through the show.

9. Barry S

Thanks for the update. Any idea if we'll have some signage? Should we make some?

10. gandhisfist

Actually not sure about that. I can reach out to the event organizers tomorrow to find out.

11. markm1

I had a great time last year. Give yourself plenty of time to look around. I'm going today-Saturday. I  met and worked with Mark Sossa (mentioned earlier in this thread-he's a dealer for the Dharma among other products) after last year's event putting together my speaker rig. He's a great guy and is always on the lookout for good gear that is affordable and sounds great (he also has some awesome high end stuff). New to speaker systems, he had a lot of options and ideas. I went to his house a couple of times to listen to various components, then he came out to my place with various set ups and we listened to the gear in my home. Modest budget and he was terrific working within my needs....he always seems to have ideas for new gear that looks exciting.

Relative to Headfidom, I'm Using the Nuprime DAC-10h (pre/DAC/HP amp) as the brains of my system which he recommended for my needs. Thrilled with it. I have a small computer room/listening room space and wanted a speaker stet up connected to my PC, Sonos with HP rig all in one. Mostly listen to my digital files via Sonos, with a CDP as well and PC audio. It's so convenient in a small space having a pre/DAC for my speakers with powerful balanced/unbalanced HP outs built in negating my need/desire to have a separate HP amplifier. Love that. Lots of great gear to check out for sure.

12. sheldaze
    Any interest in the Director? I personally think it is simply another take on anti-digital sound. Schiit chose to do it in hardware while Meridian chose to do it in software. Due to the recommended burn-in for the Schiit, I've not been able to compare the two. I can only say that the lights on the front remind me a lot of the Schiit lights [​IMG]

Some people may simply want to hear the Director now that the price has dropped to 50% of it's original $700.

13. TimeLord

I made it out here. Lots of stuff to see.

14. Psalmanazar
    I guess I will attend this. I will bring my box of crappy cans.

Laptop with extreme metal
    O2+ODAC combo JDS Labs
    Beyerdynamic DT 250 250s
    Sennheiser HD 25s

15. gandhisfist

Remember the phrase "Amar sent me" to get entrance for $10

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16
Next

Last