D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2014
May 9, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #95 of 324
  I will definitely be there! Looking forward to meeting all of you guys.

Same here! 
smile.gif

While I'm flattered you gave me partial table space, I don't think I'll be needing it.  I'm just going to bring probably one pair of headphones and portable source, so someone else can much better utilize the space :p  I would likely be walking around with my stuff anyway since I was hoping to try my 595s with some nicer equipment than the base level Schiit stack I already have.

So thanks, but please leave that space open for someone else that will bring some other amazing gear!

Lol, are you sure?  Trust me when I say that it's nice to have a place just to sit down at some point during the day.

At my first meet, I thought I wouldn't need any space as I was just bringing a few cans.  Lemme tell ya, just having a place to put them down so that others could listen - while I checked out other rigs - definitely helped.  Plus, people with sparse tables are often some of the coolest places to hang out, because we all whip out our portable rigs for an ad hoc meet within a meet.

If you still want to give up the space, just lemme know.  But honestly, we've got plenty of space.

I have a Schiit Magni/Modi stack paired with AKG K712 PRO headphones if anyone would be interested in that I might be able to come down.

Sure!  Trust me, all rigs are welcome.  And plus, it's looking doubtful that Schiit will be able to join us this time as they have a crazy production schedule to meet.

Along with my DX50, I can bring my new Philips Fidelio X1s if any one is interested.

And I sold my Beyer DT770s so those can be removed from my bring list.

Actually, I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but I don't think I've ever had a solid Fidelio X1 audition... at least not in a decently quiet environment.  Congrats on the Fidelio BTW!

May 9, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #98 of 324
Wow, you just did like a whole mini-thread by yourself right there...lol! 
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #101 of 324
You da Man-da, Panda.

May 10, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #102 of 324
Just found this thread. I would love to come if I have that weekend free. Would be awesome to hear some nice rigs :D

While I'm at it. I live in Stafford, which is in Northern Virginia 30 MI South of DC. Does anybody one know of a shop in the DC area that caters to Audiophiles? I'd love to get some new gear, but would love to test out some cans, IEMs, and DAPs before buying. Things like a the iPad so DX90 or something.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

May 11, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #103 of 324
Ehhh alright you convinced me... :p

Maybe I'll just end up bringing Magni/Modi so I can do so A/B with other amps cause I'm kinda curious how like the Vali and others would sound in a direct comparison.

May 11, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #104 of 324
I'd love to audition anything on the following list at the show--how do we make it happen?

Auralic Taurus mkII
Pathos Aurium
Violectric V-281
Audio-GD Master 9
Cavalli Liquid Glass

Chord Hugo

May 11, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #105 of 324
  I'd love to audition anything on the following list at the show--how do we make it happen?

Auralic Taurus mkII
Pathos Aurium
Violectric V-281
Audio-GD Master 9
Cavalli Liquid Glass

Chord Hugo

I should be getting a Hugo soon, but unfortunately wont be able to make it to capital audio fest :frowning2:
BTW I put up an interest check up for a DC Area meet for May or June

Users who are viewing this thread

Back