D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2014
May 11, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #106 of 324
Post it in here too:
http://www.head-fi.org/f/7873/dc-va-md-head-fiers-group

I should be getting a Hugo soon, but unfortunately wont be able to make it to capital audio fest :frowning2:
BTW I put up an interest check up for a DC Area meet for May or June

May 11, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #107 of 324

I should be getting a Hugo soon, but unfortunately wont be able to make it to capital audio fest :frowning2:
BTW I put up an interest check up for a DC Area meet for May or June

Well, that's quite a nice piece of gear if the early reviews are any indication. I asked about scheduling another meet at the last one and the feedback was to make CAF the next meet.  The other issue is scheduling the library--it has to be done 3 months in advance to snag a weekend slot.  I'm planning on booking the library again for September, but maybe we could sneak in a mini-meet somewhere.

May 12, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #108 of 324
Just found this thread. I would love to come if I have that weekend free. Would be awesome to hear some nice rigs
biggrin.gif

While I'm at it. I live in Stafford, which is in Northern Virginia 30 MI South of DC. Does anybody one know of a shop in the DC area that caters to Audiophiles? I'd love to get some new gear, but would love to test out some cans, IEMs, and DAPs before buying. Things like a the iPad so DX90 or something.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I think United Home Audio is now in Stafford.  I haven't been to their store but they are real high end (MBL, etc.)  Probably have some things for less than $100k also.
If you have a Best Buy near you that has a "Magnolia" store inside, they carry good headphones from Sennheiser, AKG, PSB, and others.  There are audiophile stores in Centreville (Gifted Listener), Falls Church (Deja Vu), Fairfax (I.Q.) and other places in DC metro area.,

May 12, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #110 of 324
People sometimes sell their gear or make a trade at a meet. This will still be a traditional meet-just at a major regional show. Interesting and different to draw younger people to the events as well as lifelong  hobbyist like myself.

May 12, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #111 of 324

Actually, I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but I don't think I've ever had a solid Fidelio X1 audition

Well you are welcome to try them in July :).  They sound awesome.  Well worth the purchase.

Thanks Koteric!  I've heard nothing but good things about them, so they've definitely got my interest. 
smile.gif

Just found this thread. I would love to come if I have that weekend free. Would be awesome to hear some nice rigs
biggrin.gif

Please do!  You know who you should meet and talk to?  Drew Baird at Moon Audio.  They carry (or can get) a bunch of stuff, are super knowledgeable, and might just turn into a semi-local dealer for you.

Ehhh alright you convinced me... :p

Maybe I'll just end up bringing Magni/Modi so I can do so A/B with other amps cause I'm kinda curious how like the Vali and others would sound in a direct comparison.

Awesome!  Yeah, tables come in handy for lots of stuff.  At the very least, even if you bring no gear, you'll still have a place to eat lunch.  Lots of times, empty tables become ad hoc dining areas within a meet.

I'd love to audition anything on the following list at the show--how do we make it happen?

Auralic Taurus mkII
Pathos Aurium
Violectric V-281
Audio-GD Master 9
Cavalli Liquid Glass

Chord Hugo

The Cavalli Liquid Glass should be at CanMania.  Not sure about the other stuff though.

Do people sell and/or trade items within the meet?

Sure we do!  I've changed Post #4 into a Buy/Sell/Trade board so we can get a headstart on that. 
smile.gif

May 12, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #112 of 324

frown.gif

What say you Billheiser, wanna come and join us for some fun?

May 12, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #113 of 324

frown.gif

Thanks!  Yep, I plan to come to CanMania/CAF.  Hadn't thought about bringing gear, but maybe I will now.  2 Vali's and 1 Magni.  Bifrost Uber w/ USB.  Nuforce UDAC2. HD600, K702 w/ reversible bass port mod  And smaller ones like Momentum on-ear, Phiaton MS400.  My sources are not very portable - it's either my stack of components, or a desktop computer… I could just offer iphones/ipods, with line-out docks, as handy sources but they don't play 24/192...

May 12, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #114 of 324
  Buy/Sell/Trade Board

Want to buy, sell or trade anything at CanMania?  Let's post up what we want/got here so we can try to organize it all ahead of time.

would sell or trade AKG K702 (with reversible bass mod), Phiaton MS400, Schiit Magni.  (and a vintage turntable, really?!  Tannoy Micro TM33 belt drive, w/ Stanton 681EEES, works perfect)

May 13, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #115 of 324

Thanks!  Yep, I plan to come to CanMania/CAF.  Hadn't thought about bringing gear, but maybe I will now.  2 Vali's and 1 Magni.  Bifrost Uber w/ USB.  Nuforce UDAC2. HD600, K702 w/ reversible bass port mod  And smaller ones like Momentum on-ear, Phiaton MS400.  My sources are not very portable - it's either my stack of components, or a desktop computer… I could just offer iphones/ipods, with line-out docks, as handy sources but they don't play 24/192...

Terrific! 
smile.gif
  I put you down for a full table.

Buy/Sell/Trade Board

Want to buy, sell or trade anything at CanMania?  Let's post up what we want/got here so we can try to organize it all ahead of time.

would sell or trade AKG K702 (with reversible bass mod), Phiaton MS400, Schiit Magni.  (and a vintage turntable, really?!  Tannoy Micro TM33 belt drive, w/ Stanton 681EEES, works perfect)

Put you up on the board! 
smile.gif

May 13, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #117 of 324
I think United Home Audio is now in Stafford.  I haven't been to their store but they are real high end (MBL, etc.)  Probably have some things for less than $100k also.
If you have a Best Buy near you that has a "Magnolia" store inside, they carry good headphones from Sennheiser, AKG, PSB, and others.  There are audiophile stores in Centreville (Gifted Listener), Falls Church (Deja Vu), Fairfax (I.Q.) and other places in DC metro area.,

Thanks I'll definately look for a Best Buy with a Magnolia in it! I'll also have to check out the Stafford store even though nothing is in my price range lol.

Quote: warrenpchi
Please do! You know who you should meet and talk to? Drew Baird at Moon Audio. They carry (or can get) a bunch of stuff, are super knowledgeable, and might just turn into a semi-local dealer for you.

Thanks. Gotta convince the wife but I don't think that'll be too hard. I won't be able to bring much gear, as this is about all I got.

5.5G iMod, Silver LOD, Leckerton UHA 6S.MKII amp, and DT 880250ohm cans. The iMod, Amp and Silver LOD are all capless and the amp is able to comensate for the 2V of DC offset from the iMod. It has a very neutral transparant sound. I defiantely enjoy it. I also have a copper LOD (Pictured) with capacitors in it. the Silver LOD, without capacitors, causes a little distortion at higher volumes so the LOD with capacitors is nice for when I need more volume.

Here is the setup in the ALO amp wallet.

Here is the mod done by Red Wine Audio along with a pic of my solid silver LOD

Only other gear I have is the Nuforce uDAC2 and Fiio E17 amp which is nice as it can EQ the sound out of the LOD and

May 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #118 of 324
I think I'd like to join in.  I'll bring along an AUNE T1 that I'd like to trade for a schiit modi/vali or modi/magni stack. 

I want to see how far an HD650 can go with better amp so I'll likely bring my headphones to test around if that's okay with the other head-fiers.  It's my first time so I don't really know what's considered bad mannered.  Go easy on me!
beerchug.gif

May 14, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #120 of 324
@filphil,im in the same boat as well. Never been to a head-fi meet. :D

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back