Cypher Labs Trio Portable Tube Amp - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jul 31, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #16 of 29
Aug 19, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #18 of 29
Guys http://www.head-fi.org/t/778239/cypher-labs-sustain84-desktop-vacuum-tube-headphone-amplifier

Aug 23, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #20 of 29
makes the V1 sound congested, none of the amps I have, the Vorzuges Dou and P2, HP-V1, or the Contintal 2, and more even  come close to how open, well balanced, W sounding, that the Rx has, best dynamics I've ever heard! its WOW factor is awesome, and for some added umph in the bass end, I use a ZOv1! freaking awesome!

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #21 of 29
It's taken me way too long but I've finally written something up about the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio (review in my sig). Overall I actually think this is a decent amp. The hiss is a problem with sensitive earphones but using it with a higher impedance headphone, I wasn't so concerned about that issue. Overall though I think I still like the Duet best in the Cypher Labs portable amp range. The Trio and the Picollo are a juggle depending on the headphone/earphones used - the Picollo doesn't suffer from hiss as much as the Trio but I feel it has as smaller soundstage. The Trio is closer to the Duet in soundstage but has the hiss.

Sep 1, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #22 of 29
Cypher Labs Trio have very good synergy with Grado PS500.

Sep 30, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #23 of 29
I tried this amp with LCD-X and it is actually really nice - warm, beautiful mids, good bass, clear sound.

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #24 of 29
Thanks for the review. How wil this stack against Fostex HP-V1?

Hpv1 has a lower noise floor (CIEM) and a more extended bass (very audible). In addition the sound signature is a bit better to my ears on the trebles, but not by much. The hpv1 look more transparent. The form factor of the trio is the best. What i like also on the hpv1 is the drivers protection when turning it on our off. (Timer) Finally hpv1 is less sensitive to RF.

Nov 10, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #25 of 29
The only bad thing about this amp is the "pop" sound when you power on or off this amp, afraid this might damage my earphones.

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #26 of 29
I have also the Alo Continental 5 and they have implemented the timer at switch on which removes the pop :) in addition the noise level of the CV5 is way lower than the CyperLab. I have enjoyed the Cypherlab amp a lot with its small form factor and perfect build, but I have now switched to the CV5.... which is in SE mode more powerful than the Alo Dual mono.

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #27 of 29
Giving this a little bump. I've not actually pulled out the Trio for some time and today decided to give it a shot with my recently acquired Focal Utopia and I have to say I'm shocked that it's pretty good synergy between the Utopia and the Trio - this was highly unexpected as I keep reading about the Utopias with high end DAC/Amps, etc. but this tiny little tube amp works well with the Utopias! My source was the AK380Cu.

Feb 9, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #28 of 29
AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Tube Amplifier

Model CLAT6111

The AlgoRhythm Trio is a battery powered tube amplifier designed to deliver a rich warm tone. The amplifier is simple to operate with separate power switch, volume knob and two level gain setting.
The Trio has a superb black background and a clean, clear, spacious full sound, with the pure midrange you can only get from a tube amplifier. The result is a warm and smooth dark tonality and overall large soundstage and dynamic response.

Charge your AlgoRhythm Trio using a computer or wall wart of 5v and up to 2amps. The enclosure is machined from a single durable block of aluminum. If you have any questions or need service please contact us at sales@cypherlabs.com.

Includes: 2 amp 5 v charger; 2 silicone straps to bundle devices; USB charging cord, half-meter mini to mini cable. We suggest using a short high quality mini cable, such as our 3.5mm straight cable, for the shortest path.

Hello Family of Trio users.

I really must say how much I love this portable amp. I am in heaven really. This is the first tube amp I have ever owned and I adore it. I think the descriptions, reviews and explanations are all quite truthfully accurate about this amp.
This is a great buy for me. So much so I bought 2 extra Thompson 6111's and 1 Sanyo lithium ion battery to really ensure this baby is gonna last me a long time cause i am truly in love with the trio's sound Sig...can you blame me?

So as of now I really like pairing this awesome amp with the Sony MDR Z7's and the Astell & Kern AK JR. Personally i think this synergy works really really well. It is an extremely warm sound signature across the board. The treble roll off is awesome and the depth of the mid range is huge and ridicoulously smooth.

My portable set up is here to stay. I am extremely happy to be part of the CL family.

Thanks everyone and i know that the portable audio sector has changed greately in the last 2 years, but i still feel no DAP on its own provides better amplification than adding an external one.

lastly, i have one question to any of you who might have paired the Trio with the LCD XC's? Let me know if that is a match.

-Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back