Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo: A Game Changer - Head-Fi TV, Episode 003
Apr 13, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #61 of 122
This episode was the best. Sound was good quality was good and your review was good. The only thing is that you seem to only be reviewing is high cost items Jude. Maybe next video something entrance level like some 840s or TMA-1s?

Apr 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #62 of 122
I really love these kinds of videos and this episode was break through with some very interesting technology and an eye opener, in addition, it was very well presented.

Slightly off topic, what wrist watch is Jude wearing?

Apr 13, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #63 of 122

Quote:
I really love these kinds of videos and this episode was break through with some very interesting technology and an eye opener, in addition, it was very well presented.

Slightly off topic, what wrist watch is Jude wearing?

I second that question Jude, what make of watch are You wearing, I can not focus in properly to make it out!

Apr 17, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #68 of 122

Quote:
The HD25-1 ii deserved to be customed.

http://www.customcans.co.uk/blog/

Those are so nice! I think I'm gonna get one of these very soon 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 18, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #71 of 122

Quote:
When is the next episode coming out?! 

It was decided that the show's host is an impossibly difficult prima donna and no-talent hack, so the next episode is pending a search for someone with at least an ounce of charisma.

Okay, I'm kidding.  This no-talent prima donna will be uploading another episode in two or three days--replete with a certified quarter-ounce of charisma.

tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #72 of 122

Quote:

It was decided that the show's host is an impossibly difficult prima donna and no-talent hack, so the next episode is pending a search for someone with at least an ounce of charisma.

Okay, I'm kidding.  This no-talent prima donna will be uploading another episode in two or three days--replete with a certified quarter-ounce of charisma.

tongue.gif

Can't wait! And make a pound of charisma instead.

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #73 of 122
Alright, so I got the Solo + Mk2 + JH16's, plus ALO's deluxe connector cables. LOVING the sound coming out of this thing and will post more detailed impressions soon. 

One thing I didn't get was an upgraded cable for the 16's ... which everyone seems to recommend. I was kinda waiting for the Eclipse from Craig, but that could be 3-4 weeks away and not sure I want to wait that long.

My question is -- how much of a difference will the new cable make? What kind of difference in the context of this setup? 

Thanks!

Anthony

Apr 19, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #74 of 122
Quote:
My question is -- how much of a difference will the new cable make? What kind of difference in the context of this setup?   

There really is no consensus on this question, and it seems like just speaking about cable improvements is a punishable offense sometimes.  I have various aftermarket cables, and I love the look, durability, and sound of them, but many others (often people who have never owned an aftermarket cable) dismiss the possibility that they can improve sound, or claim that the value of any improvement is insignificant compared to the price.

My advice: If you like the sound you're getting with the stock cable, stick with it for a while.  If you can afford an aftermarket cable, try a reasonably-priced one from Whiplash, ALO or Moon Audio and see if you notice any differences.  If you don't feel that any improvements were worth the money, then you can usually sell the cable on the For Sale forum without losing too much.  At the very least, the cost should be worth it just to see for yourself what different cables can and can't do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back