Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet
Aug 25, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #260 of 353
They got my love CLAS -db & CL Duet sound amazing.

Hugo might be the only audio bling that passes them in sound quality in the portable world but they cost way more $$$

I like cypher labs products too. Just got the Picollo recently and looking forward to getting more products.

That may depend on market and amp pairing. In the UK Clas -dB + plus a decent portable amp would run you £1k. It's not 'that' much a further savings leap to the Hugo

Yup you are right, combined they run very close to the Hugo but it does not mean Hugo is better absolutely. I have the Hugo and I would also like to own the Cypher labs combo dac/amp too. Cypher labs make pretty good products.

Sep 27, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #263 of 353
NOW THIS IS WHAT IM LOOKING FOR!

How was the pairing? Also eye-ing for this combo to pair with my V6-Stage and alphadogs/dt1350..

The pairing looks great, sounds great. Ample power that can be a little too much for my FAD Heaven VI unless I lower the digital volume control of the line out (which would make the DX90 not BitPerfect anymore. Sound impressions are neutral and very slightly dark, great bass impact. Treble is slightly toned down due to the Duet but the sound is not warm at all. Soundstage and imaging is amazing.

I could honestly live with this setup with my Fidelio L2 if I hadn't heard iFi Audio's micro iDSD which is a little more intimate and very very analog sounding. The reason I'm actually giving this pairing a chance is because I might sell my Duet if I no longer see a use for it. DX90's coaxial out to the micro iDSD is very satisfying not to mention more powerful yet more flexible with sensitive IEMs.

Sep 27, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #265 of 353
The pairing looks great, sounds great. Ample power that can be a little too much for my FAD Heaven VI unless I lower the digital volume control of the line out (which would make the DX90 not BitPerfect anymore. Sound impressions are neutral and very slightly dark, great bass impact. Treble is slightly toned down due to the Duet but the sound is not warm at all. Soundstage and imaging is amazing.

I could honestly live with this setup with my Fidelio L2 if I hadn't heard iFi Audio's micro iDSD which is a little more intimate and very very analog sounding. The reason I'm actually giving this pairing a chance is because I might sell my Duet if I no longer see a use for it. DX90's coaxial out to the micro iDSD is very satisfying not to mention more powerful yet more flexible with sensitive IEMs.

Thanks for the feedback! Im also thinking of the iDSD but i guess its not that portable? If you need to choose one combo, the iDSD or Duet?

Btw, can you post a pic with the dx90 stack to the iDSD.. Just want to see how it will look.. :)

Sep 28, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #266 of 353
Thanks for the feedback! Im also thinking of the iDSD but i guess its not that portable? If you need to choose one combo, the iDSD or Duet?

Btw, can you post a pic with the dx90 stack to the iDSD.. Just want to see how it will look.. :)

If I'm truly going portable, I wouldn't attach the DX90 to anything external…unless for long distance travelling. That's why I bought the DX90 in the first place. If I had to choose, I'd honestly pick the iDSD unless you're into a more neutral sound with colder timbre.

I'll try to post some pictures when I get home but maybe the pictures here may be to your satisfiaction

http://pdfserver.macusers.nl/reviews/van-klanten-voor-klanten/J-Dam.pdf

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #268 of 353
The Duet/ - db is my go- to combo and I am using it balanced all the way through. It is positively sublime :)

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #270 of 353
Same configuration and same impressions from me, too. Absolutely perfect bottom end, full, deep and punchy. I'm finding bass perfect on the Duet. Mids are sweet and perfectly balanced to the low end and highs are just that bit recessed to sound not fatiguing especially for long listening sessions.The other impressive aspect of the Duet is soundstage especially depth and instrument separation. Again here, the weight of the lowest notes contributes a lot to the naturalness of the presentation imho.

Another thing I've noticed is that on every upgrade of the solo db / Duet stack sound quality keeps improving. Meaning...

Solo db + Silver Dragon RSA RSA + Duet + Tralucent 1Plus2 Balanced

>

Solo db + Silver Dragon RSA RSA + Duet + Tralucent 1Plus2 SE

>

Solo db + Mini to Mini SE + Duet + Tralucent 1Plus2 SE

Again, improvement is mainly noted on soundstage width and separation. One cannot distinguish that the 1P2 are just iems when running fully balanced. They sound like a TOTL full-size. I would go as long as saying that they sound fuller than the HD800 due to them going deeper in the lowest notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back