Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet
Dec 13, 2013 at 5:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 353

georgelai57

Headphoneus Supremus

As the year draws to a close, we have news of another new portable headphone amp, this time from Cypher Labs.
http://www.cypherlabs.com/product/algorhythm-duet/

Dec 15, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 353
I'll be getting one as well. Should be interesting!

Dec 15, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #8 of 353
  My only question is: Does hiss occur when we pair this amp with high sensitive iems?

Yeah I was wondering about this too, especially with 16-32ohm and less IEMs that have a high sensitivity. Can anyone clarify?

The product says it has a "deep and clean background" I think, but does it apply for sensitive IEMs too? If it doesn't hiss w/ low impedance sensitive IEMs, I guess I might save up for it, heh.

Only thing is that it seems the USB charging plug is a bit close to the balanced/single-ended inputs, which might make charging (or keeping the amp plugged in) kinda difficult with shorter "portable" interconnects? I hope that it'd be less of an issue with the ALO Rx Mk3-B+ in that regard, so I could use the amp at my desk without having to unplug it from the charger every time (since the Rx Mk3-B+ in balanced back-end mode has some weird grounding hum/hissing issues when plugged into the charger, at least on my model which I haven't sent in yet to ALO to check if a fix is possible.)

Very interested in this though.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #10 of 353
Ooh fully balanced. Have been put off mk3+ due to noise reports with iem. This product makes sense given the divorce with alo. What does not make sense is lack of balanced input on theorem

On a side note the pace of product announcements in portable audio needs to slow down :p

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #11 of 353
  I don't think anyone has one yet, next week will be better for answers I think

I have proudly been beta testing the Duet for a month and can report no hissing with my JH16's on medium gain. This amplifier is truly a revelation in combination with my Cypherlab-db.

Highly recommended.

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #14 of 353
I am ssooo tempted to sidegrade itis? but I need another amp like a hole in the head, I will await some reviews I suppose, I almsot hit the pay button at TTVJ, ssooo close, ggrrr I hate conflict,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back