cx-300 to UE triplefi 10
Dec 5, 2010 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

s2odin

Head-Fier
I have been creeping on these forums for a while, and picked up an s:flo2 from a member on here, so I had a question regarding my IEMs.  I googled this, and didn't come up with anything, so was wondering if anyone had any opinions.

I am currently using a pair of Sennheiser CX-300 II's.  I have been using them for about a year now, and the cabling is starting to come apart.  I ordered a pair of UE Triplefi 10's which should get here in a few weeks.  I was wondering what kind of improvement I can expect in sound quality.  I predominantly listen to rap, very little rock, and some techno.  I noticed the bass on the CX-300's can be kinda overpowering, although I love my bass.  I went the the Triplefi 10's because I saw the (generally) favorable reviews.  I was just wondering what the Triplefi 10's will sound like compared to the CX-300's.

I also noticed the Sennheiser IE 8's which are supposed to be for bassheads.  I was wondering if I should stick with the Triplefi 10's or maybe try to upgrade to the IE 8's.  I know everyone has their opinion, but was wondering who listens to the same genre of music can maybe comment on if it's worth trying the IE 8's when I'll have the Triplefi 10's or just stick with the Triplefi 10's.

Thanks.

Dec 5, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 6
You already ordered the T.10's right? If so, why don't you try them when they get to you and see for yourself.

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #4 of 6
So how do you post while banned...

OT: The IE series is a straight upgrade on the CX300, improving vastly on everything. The TF10 is more sparkly and deviates away from the senn signature of emphasis on bass and low mids.

The TF10 is no slouch at bass, going head to head against dynamics decently. The fit will be nothing like your CX300, and will be decent to horrible depending on your anatomy.

I would say get a refurb IE7 if you had the choice. It's competent enough to quench the thirst for upgrades, but is cheap enough to not regret buying. For only 100 bucks, I say it beats everything that could possibly look at it, possibly even the $100 TF10. You'd have to go over $200 bucks or to hype-fi island, whichever is lower, to get a better sound.

Dec 5, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
You already ordered the T.10's right? If so, why don't you try them when they get to you and see for yourself.

Yea I did, was just wondering if IE 8's might be better.  I wouldn't want to try out the TF 10's then say ehhhh I kinda like them then try to get some IE 8's and say I hate them then be stuck with them, lol.

Quote:
So how do you post while banned...

OT: The IE series is a straight upgrade on the CX300, improving vastly on everything. The TF10 is more sparkly and deviates away from the senn signature of emphasis on bass and low mids.

The TF10 is no slouch at bass, going head to head against dynamics decently. The fit will be nothing like your CX300, and will be decent to horrible depending on your anatomy.

I would say get a refurb IE7 if you had the choice. It's competent enough to quench the thirst for upgrades, but is cheap enough to not regret buying. For only 100 bucks, I say it beats everything that could possibly look at it, possibly even the $100 TF10. You'd have to go over $200 bucks or to hype-fi island, whichever is lower, to get a better sound.

Yea the fit is the thing I have read about on the TF 10's.  I have pretty big ears and big ear canals, so I don't think fit will be a problem.  I think the whole, over the ear, might be annoying for a while tho.

Thanks for the info guys.

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #6 of 6
I went from cx300 to tf10.  Tremendous upgrade.  Maybe less often in rap but in other genres for sure you'll realize how quickly the cx300 was overwhelmed by the music.  I'll be surprised if you don't love the improvement.  There are old threads comparing IE8 and TF10 you can dig up if you really want to get into the subjective differences of the two. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back