CVJ IEMs thread
Sep 27, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #92 of 108
This unboxing video provides a nice look at them

They do look nice. The tips look like they need to go. The cable looks like it needs to go as well :) and those stamped screens look like they need to go in exchange for better ones. The housings themselves are quite nice and perhaps they have some potential with those tweaks. Still quite nice packaging and pretty earphones.

Oct 1, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #93 of 108
The Angel Wings shells look like a much more expensive IEM, one of the nicest looking IEMs I've seen the sub $50 price range, it's right there with the Mele.

Sound wise, I'm not expecting much given CVJ's tuning track record, hope these are at least decent. It would be a shame to waste those shells on something that sounds like garbage.

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #94 of 108
The Angel Wings shells look like a much more expensive IEM, one of the nicest looking IEMs I've seen the sub $50 price range, it's right there with the Mele.

Sound wise, I'm not expecting much given CVJ's tuning track record, hope these are at least decent. It would be a shame to waste those shells on something that sounds like garbage.

The shells remind me a little of the Anis10 which I ordered several weeks ago; they only arrived yesterday. Beautiful green / blue shells and around the same price point as the Angel Wings.

Attachments

• ANIS_AS10_2 - 1.jpg
    ANIS_AS10_2 - 1.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 0
  • ANIS_AS10_1 - 1.jpg
    ANIS_AS10_1 - 1.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 0
Oct 1, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #95 of 108
One of the things I did see about the CVJ Angel Wings is that their basic specs are quite different to other CVJ models. Most CVJ models have an imedance of 22 ohms and a sensitivity of 100 - 105 db. The Angel Wings have a lower impedance at 16 ohms and lower sensitivity at 92 db. That suggests that they have taken a different approach with the Angel Wings.

Oct 7, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #96 of 108

One of the things I did see about the CVJ Angel Wings is that their basic specs are quite different to other CVJ models. Most CVJ models have an imedance of 22 ohms and a sensitivity of 100 - 105 db. The Angel Wings have a lower impedance at 16 ohms and lower sensitivity at 92 db. That suggests that they have taken a different approach with the Angel Wings.

The reviews on Youtube so far don't seem positive at all. What a shame.

Oct 13, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #97 of 108
CVJ Angel Wings is probably one of the worst hybrid IEMs I've tried this year...... Very disappointed as I am a huge fan of CVJ CSN and CVJ Mirror. The CVJ Angel Wings AIN'T IT

Will drop my review soon...

Attachments

• CVJ Angel Wings - bryaudioreviews.jpeg
    CVJ Angel Wings - bryaudioreviews.jpeg
    343.1 KB · Views: 0
Oct 13, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #98 of 108
Oct 16, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #99 of 108
I have the Angel Wings coming soon. Let's hope there was some unit variation in @bryaudioreviews sample!

Oct 16, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #100 of 108
I have the Angel Wings coming soon. Let's hope there was some unit variation in @bryaudioreviews sample!
Well I hope it is unit variation too. I'm not the only one to whack the Angel Wings though. Other FR measurements from other reviewers that I've seen looks similar to mine so...

Probably just bad tuning I guess

Oct 16, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #101 of 108
Well I hope it is unit variation too. I'm not the only one to whack the Angel Wings though. Other FR measurements from other reviewers that I've seen looks similar to mine so...

Probably just bad tuning I guess

One reviewer held off on his review until he got a second pair. And they were equally as bad. Bad tuning it seems.

Did they shy away from their original tuning? All their recent iems seem like a different tuning from the likes of the CSA, CSN, Mirror.

Oct 16, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #102 of 108
One reviewer held off on his review until he got a second pair. And they were equally as bad. Bad tuning it seems.

Did they shy away from their original tuning? All their recent iems seem like a different tuning from the likes of the CSA, CSN, Mirror.
Yeap. No idea why. I love the CSN and Mirror. They should've stuck to the same tuning mentality

Oct 16, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #103 of 108
Yeap. No idea why. I love the CSN and Mirror. They should've stuck to the same tuning mentality

If I had to guess, poor sales performance. Their original tuning was different from the usual sea of cheaper chifi. Which was good but maybe not for overall sales. What a shame.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #104 of 108
I agree, I like the CSN, CSA, and CS8, all nicely tuned. CSK was different but not too bad, CSE not so good.

Oct 26, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #105 of 108
Angel Wings is here. I have been burning them in for over 24 hours.
A smartphone could not drive them adequately. Initially they sounded dark and ill defined. After burning they have improved but they really do need a lot of power. I have now got them sounding pretty good, and this is what I did:
1. Changed the cable to KBEAR Limpid Pro.
2. Changed the tips to Spiral Dots.
3. Used a Topping NX1a amplifier with my Xduoo X20.
I think some of the negative impressions are due to the above issues, especially power. More to come and full review as well. I will continue the burn in.
The best feature is the soundstage which is very large and open. Bass has improved, it was a bit loose but is now tighter. Mids are natural and not recessed, treble is gentle with reasonable clarity but does roll off a bit early. Fit and seal with Spiral Dots is very good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back