customizing your HD600?
Jun 5, 2006 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TempleOfEar

Banned
ok, i got some customization ideas that i would like to try out. and what i would like to know is if any of these will affect the sound of my HD600s in a negetive way.

first of all, i have a temperpedic bed that i'm about to throw away (puppy dug multiple crates on it- feels like sleeping on surface of moon) so i was wondering if i can cut some pieces of it and use it as earpiece foam- would that affect the sound in negetive way?

and after that i'd like to dye all the fabric part of the headphones including the inner ear foam- again, would that affect the sound?

and if all possible, i'd like to buy earpieces that have already been custom colored- are such things on sale? tie-dye earpiece would be awesome. would go great with some grateful dead music
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2006 at 9:14 AM Post #3 of 4
I honestly haven't seen anything like that, you would probably have to make your own. The foam from your bed shouldn't have a huge impact on sound, depending on how you use it. Also, I don't think dying or bleaching the fabric would effect sound, but might effect the life of the fabric. All of these components can be replaced though, so have fun with it and buy new ones if you ruin them!
tongue.gif

Jun 6, 2006 at 9:48 AM Post #4 of 4
i'm also thinking about painting one grill of my earpiece with grateful dead skull and the other with the 'wailing face' from pink floyd The Wall cover... this way i can wear it to my art classes and only get to look half of an outcast. that is if it doesn't turn out that my hd600 is defect and i have to return them right away... please read my other thread for more shocking truth!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back