CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Aug 17, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #2,131 of 2,466
I have been working on throwing together a review of the F7U. I have a couple of other reviews I am working on as well.

Piotr, excellent job! The sound quality checks many of my boxes and I love the balanced tuning. The fit is the best I have had throughout the FIBAE series. I put them in my ears and forget them. These are an IEM that you can put in your ears and just settle in. The comfort and balanced sound lend for long listening sessions. The added body and natural tonality are a next level in the FIBAE line. I enjoyed the F7 as well, but this is a wonderful tuning. I can't tell you the number of times I have sat in my listening recliner and drifted off. Enjoying my experience. I will dig into the technicalities in my review. :thumbsup:
Thank you! :pray::pray::pray:

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #2,132 of 2,466
Alright, so I have my FIBAE 7 Unlimited CIEM graph along with a comparison graph with the original FIBAE 7 UIEM for whoever is interested. Keep in mind that the 2nd graph is a comparison between a CIEM and UIEM.

Custom Art FIBAE 7 Unlimited

FIBAE 7 Unlimited vs FIBAE 7

I'll add comparison graphs with other IEMs in the full review. Cheers!
Hope to read a comparison with craft ears totl!

Aug 22, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #2,133 of 2,466
Alright, so I have my FIBAE 7 Unlimited CIEM graph along with a comparison graph with the original FIBAE 7 UIEM for whoever is interested. Keep in mind that the 2nd graph is a comparison between a CIEM and UIEM.

Custom Art FIBAE 7 Unlimited

Custom Art Fibae 7 Unlimited (vs Harman Target).jpg

FIBAE 7 Unlimited vs FIBAE 7

Custom Art Fibae 7 Unlimited (vs Fibae 7).jpg

I'll add comparison graphs with other IEMs in the full review. Cheers!
I'd be interested to see a chart comparison with the U12t if possible. Thanks.

Aug 22, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #2,134 of 2,466
I'd be interested to see a chart comparison with the U12t if possible. Thanks.
Here you go!

CustomArt FIBAE 7U vs 64 Audio U12t.jpg

Aug 23, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #2,137 of 2,466
Very similar on bass and mids?
Actually no. F7U comes across fuller sounding in the bass and midrange than the U12t (M15). As you can see in the graph, F7U has fuller 80-300Hz. It might seem like the difference of 1-2dBs might not make that much of a difference but since we hear the FR spectrum as a whole and not as isolated regions, their bass and lower-midrange behaviour is also influenced by their different upper-midrange and treble character on top of that. To me U12t's 18.5kHz upper-treble peak stands out more than F7U's 15kHz peak. So, that along with leaner 80-300Hz lends U12t a slightly leaner character and a bass character that focuses more on sub-bass in comparison. F7U's mid-bass on the other hand is slightly more prominent and its mid-treble dip also pushes the focus more towards its lower-midrange fullness. Plus, U12t is more resolving and that along with its bass lift curve which boosts lesser mid-bass than F7U also helps with better perception of separation between the bass and lower-midrange.

Hope this gives some good insight into their signatures.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #2,139 of 2,466
Actually no. F7U comes across fuller sounding in the bass and midrange than the U12t (M15). As you can see in the graph, F7U has fuller 80-300Hz. It might seem like the difference of 1-2dBs might not make that much of a difference but since we hear the FR spectrum as a whole and not as isolated regions, their bass and lower-midrange behaviour is also influenced by their different upper-midrange and treble character on top of that. To me U12t's 18.5kHz upper-treble peak stands out more than F7U's 15kHz peak. So, that along with leaner 80-300Hz lends U12t a slightly leaner character and a bass character that focuses more on sub-bass in comparison. F7U's mid-bass on the other hand is slightly more prominent and its mid-treble dip also pushes the focus more towards its lower-midrange fullness. Plus, U12t is more resolving and that along with its bass lift curve which boosts lesser mid-bass than F7U also helps with better perception of separation between the bass and lower-midrange.

Hope this gives some good insight into their signatures.
Thank you, thorough explanation and this answer is actually what I was hoping for, I never listened to the u12t, but reading users' reviews I'm pretty sure I don't like that type of signature, too thin

Aug 23, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #2,140 of 2,466
Is this custom vs universal or vs custom 12t?
Hey Piotr! Custom U12t is actually called the 'A12t'. But I know what you want me to clarify here. 😅

A note for everyone checking out the graph(s) I posted - I have a F7U 'CIEM'. So, just know that the graphs are a comparison between a 'CIEM' vs Universal IEMs, if I don't state the other IEM as a CIEM otherwise (you can see the name of the IEMs listed below the graph). U12t is a universal IEM and F7U Universal actually graphs slightly different from how my CIEM graphs, as per the F7U Universal graph Piotr showed me. For whoever doesn't know, A12t actually graphs much darker than U12t in treble.

I wish Piotr had shared the F7U Universal graph for everyone's curiosity and fancy! It graphs really well, dare I say even nicer than the CIEM on paper! Ha!

Thank you, thorough explanation and this answer is actually what I was hoping for, I never listened to the u12t, but reading users' reviews I'm pretty sure I don't like that type of signature, too thin
Oh I wouldn't classify U12t as thin at all. It is a bass boosted reference-ish IEM and it's a significant bass boost (~7dBs). It's just that F7U is slightly fuller sounding in comparison and if you're the person who likes slightly fuller signatures, F7U is one of the nicest I've tried. A fuller IEM that actually has proper pinna gain!

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #2,141 of 2,466
Hey Piotr! Custom U12t is actually called the 'A12t'. But I know what you want me to clarify here. 😅

A note for everyone checking out the graph(s) I posted - I have a F7U 'CIEM'. So, just know that the graphs are a comparison between a 'CIEM' vs Universal IEMs, if I don't state the other IEM as a CIEM (you can see what I state in the name of the IEM below the graphs. U12t is a universal IEM and F7U Universal actually graphs slightly different from how my CIEM graphs, as per the F7U Universal graph Piotr showed me. For whoever doesn't know, A12t actually graphs much darker than U12t in treble.

I wish Piotr had shared the F7U Universal graph for everyone's curiosity and fancy! It graphs really well, dare I say even nicer than the CIEM on paper! Ha!

Oh I wouldn't classify U12t as thin at all. It is a bass boosted reference-ish IEM and it's a significant bass boost (~7dBs). It's just that F7U is slightly fuller sounding in comparison and if you're the person who likes slightly fuller signatures, F7U is one of the nicest I've tried. A fuller IEM that actually has proper pinna gain!
Yeah i certainly prefer a fuller sound, but this time I'm also looking for good imaging separation and layering, something that only a totl i think can give, without sounding sterile. Can't wait to read your review with all the comparisons...

Aug 24, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #2,142 of 2,466

A note for everyone checking out the graph(s) I posted - I have a F7U 'CIEM'. So, just know that the graphs are a comparison between a 'CIEM' vs Universal IEMs, if I don't state the other IEM as a CIEM otherwise (you can see the name of the IEMs listed below the graph). U12t is a universal IEM and F7U Universal actually graphs slightly different from how my CIEM graphs, as per the F7U Universal graph Piotr showed me. For whoever doesn't know, A12t actually graphs much darker than U12t in treble.

Thank you for explanation. Custom vs Universal yields much different results indeed ...I'm not gonna say it's like apples and oranges but more like a oranges and grapefruit :wink:

PS: please check your email :wink:

Aug 24, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #2,143 of 2,466
Well, here's something interesting - Piotr sent me the F7U Universal graph for me to use for comparisons with my F7U CIEM as well as other UIEMs and oh man does it graph well! Here's the solo and comparison graphs with the F7U CIEM, 64 Audio U12t and Empire Ears Odin for everyone to check out! These are just for everyone to know how the F7U Universal is tuned since I had gotten a couple of questions and graph requests for the same.

CustomArt F7U Universal
CustomArt F7U Universal.jpg

CustomArt F7U CIEM vs Universal
CustomArt F7U CIEM vs Universal.jpg

CustomArt F7U Universal vs 64 Audio U12t
CustomArt F7U Universal vs 64 Audio U12t.jpg

CustomArt F7U Universal vs Empire Ears Odin
CustomArt F7U Universal vs Empire Ears Odin.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #2,145 of 2,466
I enjoy the FIBAE 7 really much, what are some IEM's that are also worth to try if I like the direction of FIBAE 7 eg. full rich timbre and non shouty treble.
Maybe Noble K10, VisionEars VE8, Oriolus MK2?
would be interesting a comparison with ve8 too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back