CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Mar 8, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #1,922 of 2,466
Hi, long time I haven't been on this post, well actually since my Fibae Black researchs.

Which leads to my point: could anyone compare the Fibae 7 with the Black?
I read some people saying the 7 are a better version of the Black, fun, dynamic, non-fatiguing. Is that so?

Thanks a lot!

Mar 9, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #1,923 of 2,466
Hi, long time I haven't been on this post, well actually since my Fibae Black researchs.

Which leads to my point: could anyone compare the Fibae 7 with the Black?
I read some people saying the 7 are a better version of the Black, fun, dynamic, non-fatiguing. Is that so?

Thanks a lot!
I love my Fibae Black. Probably best IEM to leave in my ears the whole afternoon in terms of comfort and sound, even as a UIEM.

I felt the Fibae 7 was quite harsh in the upper mids (5-6khz). It's dynamic, enveloping and thick sounding, but I felt the upper mids were far too elevated for me. It might be better balanced in CIEM form though.

Mar 13, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #1,924 of 2,466
I love my Fibae Black. Probably best IEM to leave in my ears the whole afternoon in terms of comfort and sound, even as a UIEM.

I felt the Fibae 7 was quite harsh in the upper mids (5-6khz). It's dynamic, enveloping and thick sounding, but I felt the upper mids were far too elevated for me. It might be better balanced in CIEM form though.
I am really surprised to hear you say harsh when describing the upper mids of the F7. I do have a custom but I know Piotr makes adjustments to the universal relative to the custom. The F7 is really balanced across the board and does a hell of a lot more right than it does wrong. That is only my subjective opinion but I don't hear anything offensive in the upper mids.
20210313_095136.jpg

Mar 14, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #1,925 of 2,466
I am really surprised to hear you say harsh when describing the upper mids of the F7. I do have a custom but I know Piotr makes adjustments to the universal relative to the custom. The F7 is really balanced across the board and does a hell of a lot more right than it does wrong. That is only my subjective opinion but I don't hear anything offensive in the upper mids.

I agree with you, it's lively and energetic for sure but aggressive it is not to my ears (also custom) but I am a low volume listener... this and source, preferences will come into play there.

Mar 17, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #1,926 of 2,466
20210313_095136.jpg
If he is treble sensitive, I guess it'relatively normal his statement. nevertheless a little EQ tames down those frequencies or a little midbass boost overshadows those peaks and it's fair game for him.

Mar 31, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #1,928 of 2,466
F526ACF0-DA3B-4762-9D98-88F6D7ED5DD8.jpeg
0E75AC9D-997A-44E0-B683-858BAB4AD014.jpeg

Apr 1, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #1,929 of 2,466
“Custom Art is proud to announce FIBAE 3x3!

Triple-driver designs were (and still are) among the most popular IEM configurations on the market today. Counting all of our previous designs it would be Custom Art’s 6th 3-driver released to date, which means it’s also our most common designed IEM set up.
Even though typically 3 drivers dedicated for each main part of frequency response is enough to provide fairly broadband response we find that those IEMs are lacking truly exceptional extension on both ends and provide either insufficient sub-bass or super high frequency response, they also typically fail in soundstage and overall sound signature. We had broken this myth with our FIBAE 3 and we continued this approach with development of FIBAE 3x3.

For sub-bass frequencies we decided on a brand new single woofer offering flat extension to the lowest frequencies. For mids and highs we combined drivers from FIBAE 2 (mid) and 3 (high) with improved crossover in a true 3-way design. Improvements over older models are apparent - most noticeable - the headroom and THD levels. In fact FIBAE 3x3 offers the biggest headroom from our whole range, which translates to the lowest harmonic distortions, thanks to this change 3x3 is now louder, easier to drive with spectacular depth.
Another clear improvement over older models is drivers’ phase alignment which makes the sound much more coherent while expanding stage and increasing separation.

Our main objective for 3x3’s sound signature was to make IEM that sounds rather flat, bright and natural but not boring at the same time. We wanted to upgrade FIBAE 2 and 3 - not just replace them. We designed a gentle lift in the lowest sub-bass region to bring sufficient rumble when needed to. Mid-bass is kept on the leaner side without sounding hollow or lacking in saturation. Upper mids are leveled out - not too forward, not too pushed back - right in the perfect spot for creating natural sounding vocals. Lower highs are where we had departed from our typical tuning and boosted that range a little bit more than we usually do. Worry not, this IEM is free from harshness or sibilance, but it’s definitely brighter than its predecessors. Highs are extended, airy, without fatiguing. Soundstage - deep, 3D, with black background.
FIBAE 3x3 offers more sub-bass and more high frequencies compared to FIBAE 2 - better extension and overall brighter signature. Compared to FIBAE 3 there’s a dramatic improvement in distortions, less mid-bass quantity but more sub-bass extension, less forward upper midrange and similar high frequency response. Finally a better driver application ensures better texture, superior coherence and dynamics.
FIBAE 3x3 is directed towards both professionals and music enthusiasts looking for precise, neutral but never boring sound with unparalleled qualities and unmatched frequency extension.”

Interesting description. :nerd:

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #1,930 of 2,466
Piotr

Which of the FIBAE line is this closest in tuning? Is it brightish like the F3? The F4 is V-Shaped with wonderful bass and silky treble that extends. Does it have the F7 mids?

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #1,931 of 2,466
Piotr

Which of the FIBAE line is this closest in tuning? Is it brightish like the F3? The F4 is V-Shaped with wonderful bass and silky treble that extends. Does it have the F7 mids?
623A447B-A5F5-4606-94A3-94B0B2AB2873.jpeg

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #1,932 of 2,466
“Custom Art is proud to announce FIBAE 3x3!

Triple-driver designs were (and still are) among the most popular IEM configurations on the market today. Counting all of our previous designs it would be Custom Art’s 6th 3-driver released to date, which means it’s also our most common designed IEM set up.
Even though typically 3 drivers dedicated for each main part of frequency response is enough to provide fairly broadband response we find that those IEMs are lacking truly exceptional extension on both ends and provide either insufficient sub-bass or super high frequency response, they also typically fail in soundstage and overall sound signature. We had broken this myth with our FIBAE 3 and we continued this approach with development of FIBAE 3x3.

For sub-bass frequencies we decided on a brand new single woofer offering flat extension to the lowest frequencies. For mids and highs we combined drivers from FIBAE 2 (mid) and 3 (high) with improved crossover in a true 3-way design. Improvements over older models are apparent - most noticeable - the headroom and THD levels. In fact FIBAE 3x3 offers the biggest headroom from our whole range, which translates to the lowest harmonic distortions, thanks to this change 3x3 is now louder, easier to drive with spectacular depth.
Another clear improvement over older models is drivers’ phase alignment which makes the sound much more coherent while expanding stage and increasing separation.

Our main objective for 3x3’s sound signature was to make IEM that sounds rather flat, bright and natural but not boring at the same time. We wanted to upgrade FIBAE 2 and 3 - not just replace them. We designed a gentle lift in the lowest sub-bass region to bring sufficient rumble when needed to. Mid-bass is kept on the leaner side without sounding hollow or lacking in saturation. Upper mids are leveled out - not too forward, not too pushed back - right in the perfect spot for creating natural sounding vocals. Lower highs are where we had departed from our typical tuning and boosted that range a little bit more than we usually do. Worry not, this IEM is free from harshness or sibilance, but it’s definitely brighter than its predecessors. Highs are extended, airy, without fatiguing. Soundstage - deep, 3D, with black background.
FIBAE 3x3 offers more sub-bass and more high frequencies compared to FIBAE 2 - better extension and overall brighter signature. Compared to FIBAE 3 there’s a dramatic improvement in distortions, less mid-bass quantity but more sub-bass extension, less forward upper midrange and similar high frequency response. Finally a better driver application ensures better texture, superior coherence and dynamics.
FIBAE 3x3 is directed towards both professionals and music enthusiasts looking for precise, neutral but never boring sound with unparalleled qualities and unmatched frequency extension.”

Interesting description. :nerd:
Where did this description come from? I didn't see it on the website (though I might be looking in the wrong place). I'm also keeping an eye out for an announcement thread here... I didn't realize at first that the 3x3 replaced the FIBAE 3 but that makes sense if the goal is to fulfill a similar spot in the lineup but better. I'm looking forward to initial reviews but this seems right up the alley I've been searching recently (plus they already have my impressions so... )

Apr 2, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #1,933 of 2,466
Where did this description come from? I didn't see it on the website (though I might be looking in the wrong place). I'm also keeping an eye out for an announcement thread here... I didn't realize at first that the 3x3 replaced the FIBAE 3 but that makes sense if the goal is to fulfill a similar spot in the lineup but better. I'm looking forward to initial reviews but this seems right up the alley I've been searching recently (plus they already have my impressions so... )
I saw it on CustomArt's Facebook and because it went into more detail, thought I would copy it here.

Apr 2, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #1,935 of 2,466
I asked for a more in-depth reveal of the signature so here is the response below:

FIBAE 3x3 is closest to FIBAE 3. The mids are less forward compared to FIBAE7, mids are closer in terms of quantity to FIBAE 2 but still they're a bit different - less mid-bass and more upper mid energy. Mids are more forward compared to FIBAE 4.

The quote from Facebook has comparisons to FIBAE 2 and 3, which I hope can give you a better idea about signature.

So coming from someone that hasn't heard the 3X3, but owns all of the above mentioned FIBAE models, let me try to put this together, keep in mind this is only my opinion. The F3 was the brightest in the FIBAE series(not sharp or offensive) and showcased clarity and details. The bass will show BA quality if it is present in the track you are listening to. I always enjoyed the F3 bass, even though it is not the feature. The F7 represents balance across the board, with the focus a bit more in the midrange, but all in all balanced.
The F4 represents a V-shape, but done well, but the mids are not the focus. The F2 has a overall fuller, rich tone but didn't have the level of clarity of the F3, very musical.

If I put this all together I would guess the 3x3 is a detail monster with a brighter signature and a little more richness than the F3, but not to the level of the F2. I did a review on the F3 a few years back if interested. The bass will be quality featured vs. quantity.

https://audiorabbithole.com/review-custom-art-fibae-3/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back