CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Apr 22, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #1,847 of 2,466
Still hand built to order? Also no fibae 6 universal?
When we have stock they will be shipped off the shelf. Otherwise if ordered when there's no stock it will be build to order just with predefined configuration.
As to FIBAE 6 we will add it to our shop later on. The predefined config for FIBAE 6 is black solid shell with cocobolo faceplate

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #1,848 of 2,466
When we have stock they will be shipped off the shelf. Otherwise if ordered when there's no stock it will be build to order just with predefined configuration.
As to FIBAE 6 we will add it to our shop later on. The predefined config for FIBAE 6 is black solid shell with cocobolo faceplate
Wow...the F6 sounds sexy

Jul 11, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #1,850 of 2,466
Just posting here to give a 10/10 to Custom Art with regard to their service and product of custom tips.

A brief review of my recent experience:
I sent moulds of my ear impressions a few weeks ago to Custom Art and ordered some custom tips to fit my Campfire Andromeda (this in itself I see as admiral - not afraid to supply tips to other manufacturers products!)

I received my custom tips a few days back, packaged well, along with return of my impressions which I wanted back to send off to another company that makes custom earplugs to block out my partner's snoring :relaxed:

The reason I ordered these were for comfort as I suffered aching from Campfire's stock tips when listening for periods longer than around 45 minutes.

The tips provided by Custom Art are a solid yet softish silicon, very well made and fit perfectly (obviously people will need to follow advice when getting impressions made), and I quickly forget that they are inserted as they are extremely comfortable. They have taken me a little while to suss how to insert but I'm now getting the hang of it.

Isolation is excellent, and I've been told by people sitting next to me that they can't hear any sound leaking, even when I've had them on at high volume.

When ordering my only concern was regarding a change in sound signature. But I needn't have had any concern.
I have carried out A/B/C testing - Custom Art custom tips / Campfire foam / Campfire silicon
listening to:
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Genesis - The Cinema Show
Talking Heads - Burning Down The House
Swans Way - When The Wild Calls
Gary Numan - My Name Is Ruin
Toto - Rosanna

Putting aside comfort (which obviously the custom tips win hands down), to me on the Andromeda (using WM1Z as the source) the custom tips rank also best soundwise, followed by the foam and then silicon. The silicon feels shouty at times (e.g. Toto - Rosanna 1 min + in), whereas foam and custom were very close in sound signature however the custom tips seemed to have a slight bit more detail (noticed on Genesis - Cinema Show).

Overall, I am delighted with these custom tips, and delighted with the friendly service received from Kamil and Piotr - a big thumbs up :thumbsup: and my thanks to you :ksc75smile:

Jul 12, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #1,851 of 2,466
Overall, I am delighted with these custom tips, and delighted with the friendly service received from Kamil and Piotr - a big thumbs up :thumbsup: and my thanks to you :ksc75smile:

Seconded! I'm rocking the custom tips from Custom Art for about a year now, with various IEMs, for up to maybe six hours a day. It's wonderful to have this option for those of us who don't want CIEMs.

I was contemplating getting CIEMs from the Custom Art a while ago (1. they rock, 2.they are the closest manufacturer as I live in a neighbour country :) ). But over the years, I found that I kinda insist on a dynamic driver. Every single BA-based IEM I tried sounds off to me, particularly for classical music.

No matter how tempting Fibae 7 looks, I'm not changing my DD universals. So, for me, custom tips are the best thing since sliced bread :) .

Jul 12, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #1,852 of 2,466
Just posting here to give a 10/10 to Custom Art with regard to their service and product of custom tips.

A brief review of my recent experience:
I sent moulds of my ear impressions a few weeks ago to Custom Art and ordered some custom tips to fit my Campfire Andromeda (this in itself I see as admiral - not afraid to supply tips to other manufacturers products!)

I received my custom tips a few days back, packaged well, along with return of my impressions which I wanted back to send off to another company that makes custom earplugs to block out my partner's snoring :relaxed:
No issues with shipping or delivery then? That's been the main concern. You know you could probably ask CA for a copy of your digital impressions so you can use them instead of sending physical impressions off again for those companies that accept .stl files?

Jul 12, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #1,854 of 2,466
No issues with shipping or delivery then? That's been the main concern. You know you could probably ask CA for a copy of your digital impressions so you can use them instead of sending physical impressions off again for those companies that accept .stl files?
No issues at all with shipping and delivery. Custom Art used UPS to ship tips so I could track no problem. Yeah, I was thinking I could ask them for the digital impressions, save me sending moulds back off for the custom earplugs I'm wanting for a good night's sleep :relaxed:

Jul 12, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #1,855 of 2,466
No issues at all with shipping and delivery. Custom Art used UPS to ship tips so I could track no problem. Yeah, I was thinking I could ask them for the digital impressions, save me sending moulds back off for the custom earplugs I'm wanting for a good night's sleep :relaxed:
ACS?

Jul 12, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #1,858 of 2,466
Jul 13, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #1,860 of 2,466
We do plugs too, you know ?:wink:
Different type though aren't they? Yours are full size, compared to acs's which is similar to your eartips.

Question though. Would you say your newer fit universals would fit my ears better than before, or is it about the same chance of fitting?

Hope everyone at custom art is keeping safe and well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back