CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Dec 8, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #361 of 2,466
Yesterday I got my FIbae 2.
This is the most beautiful earphone I ever had. Simply gorgeous...

Thank you Piotr! @piotrus-g

IMG_0309-1.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #362 of 2,466
Yesterday I got my FIbae 2.
This is the most beautiful earphone I ever had. Simply gorgeous...

Thank you Piotr! @piotrus-g

I LOVE that deep purple! Great photo!

I completely agree, by the way; @piotrus-g and his team are not only excited by challenging designs, but they also have the ability to make them come to life. If my FIBAE 3 comes out as planned, boy am I in for a cosmetic treat! :D

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #363 of 2,466

I completely agree, by the way; @piotrus-g and his team are not only excited by challenging designs, but they also have the ability to make them come to life. If my FIBAE 3 comes out as planned, boy am I in for a cosmetic treat! :D

Thank you!

Absolutely they are making amazingly good work.
I am looking forward to your impressions and pictures of your Fibae 3 :)

Dec 9, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #365 of 2,466

You're right. Piotrs designs and finish are getting really strong. IMO they're making some of the best looking CIEMs out there.

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #366 of 2,466
Ok I'll try and write a little more on the FIBAE3

The first thing that grabs you with these is the sub-bass, not the treble as the blurb may have you believe. The sub-bass is something that is really impressive, as it doesn't bloat the sound yet comes out when needed and in superb quality. It is a little elevated over what would normally be called neutral, but add a lovely sense of rumble and body to the bass.

What I really like is that the mid-bass is very linear, these don't punch with the most power but the backup from the sub-bass makes the lows fuller and more realistic over a more typical fun sound. This is not to say they are lacking in punch, just they are more linear over a more typical mid-bass hump.

The midrange is wonderfully clean, free from any warmth from the lows which is usually caused by a mid-bass boost. They are also not pushed forwards in the mix to add a sense of urgency, instead they stay very well balanced between the highs and lows. There is a very slight emphasis in the upper midrange that brings out a little clarity, but without pushing them into sibilance. I actually think there is a mild upper midrange emphasis then a mild dip right where sibilance occurs to make a very smooth transition from mids to highs. Overall the midrange is quite linear, but very well layered and separated with good air and space between everything.

The highs are not boosted, the initial impact is good but not in your face or aggressive, as I said there must be a slight dip right where sibilance occurs. The highs are well presented in a very natural way, where they do best is in natural and effortless extension. There is a good sense of airiness in the treble, cymbals never sound splashy or metallic, and are well controlled. The highs have excellent detail retrieval and just shimmer and shine without being bright in the slightest.

This is a very interesting monitor, one that I am enjoying a lot. One headphone that surprised me was the 64 Audio U6, which I thought would be way too dark upon first listen. After a while I discovered they have a sub-bass boost, and airy highs that are not exaggerated or in your face, but they still sound real and natural. The FIBAE3 have a similar tuning in some ways, but are a little leaner and not quite as full as the U6.

The bass leaning more towards sub-bass to add a little heft down low without adding bloat that mid-bass boosting can do. The FIBAE3 are not a treble monster, or a strictly flat monitor, they are full but airy at the same time, with a clean and detailed midrange and treble that never sounds thin or lean.

This is a superb headphone, that I plan to use a lot before writing up my full review, to get a really good feel for their sound.

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #367 of 2,466
Ok I'll try and write a little more on the FIBAE3

The first thing that grabs you with these is the sub-bass, not the treble as the blurb may have you believe. The sub-bass is something that is really impressive, as it doesn't bloat the sound yet comes out when needed and in superb quality. It is a little elevated over what would normally be called neutral, but add a lovely sense of rumble and body to the bass.

What I really like is that the mid-bass is very linear, these don't punch with the most power but the backup from the sub-bass makes the lows fuller and more realistic over a more typical fun sound. This is not to say they are lacking in punch, just they are more linear over a more typical mid-bass hump.

The midrange is wonderfully clean, free from any warmth from the lows which is usually caused by a mid-bass boost. They are also not pushed forwards in the mix to add a sense of urgency, instead they stay very well balanced between the highs and lows. There is a very slight emphasis in the upper midrange that brings out a little clarity, but without pushing them into sibilance. I actually think there is a mild upper midrange emphasis then a mild dip right where sibilance occurs to make a very smooth transition from mids to highs. Overall the midrange is quite linear, but very well layered and separated with good air and space between everything.

The highs are not boosted, the initial impact is good but not in your face or aggressive, as I said there must be a slight dip right where sibilance occurs. The highs are well presented in a very natural way, where they do best is in natural and effortless extension. There is a good sense of airiness in the treble, cymbals never sound splashy or metallic, and are well controlled. The highs have excellent detail retrieval and just shimmer and shine without being bright in the slightest.

This is a very interesting monitor, one that I am enjoying a lot. One headphone that surprised me was the 64 Audio U6, which I thought would be way too dark upon first listen. After a while I discovered they have a sub-bass boost, and airy highs that are not exaggerated or in your face, but they still sound real and natural. The FIBAE3 have a similar tuning in some ways, but are a little leaner and not quite as full as the U6.

The bass leaning more towards sub-bass to add a little heft down low without adding bloat that mid-bass boosting can do. The FIBAE3 are not a treble monster, or a strictly flat monitor, they are full but airy at the same time, with a clean and detailed midrange and treble that never sounds thin or lean.

This is a superb headphone, that I plan to use a lot before writing up my full review, to get a really good feel for their sound.
Thanks.... excellent, glad to hear there is a good sub bass presence. Piotr, I am growing more green with envy each day.

Dec 10, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #368 of 2,466
Dec 10, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #369 of 2,466
Dec 11, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #370 of 2,466

Interesting concept, but I reckon they're gonna do it differently than CA; otherwise, how would they get the patent underway. :D On the bright side, we get more IEMs with flat-impedance characteristics, and CA can always say, "We did it first." :p

Yes, I'm aware of this. It's too early for me to make any type of statement in regards to this.

Dec 11, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #372 of 2,466
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back