CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Apr 6, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #857 of 2,466
Eagerly awaiting my F3 so I can hear what you guys are talking about. :p

And since I just finished writing another lengthy review I'm going to reward myself by giving the F2 some eartime!
You know, I like how you think.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #859 of 2,466
Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #862 of 2,466
7 weeks in patiently waiting for my fibae3. Don't think counting the weeks helped with the whole waiting thing.

Nearly there according to Piotrs guesstimates. I blame Amazon for destroying our ability to be more patient these days :)

If it's any consolation I've spent the last three weeks just trying to get my left ear sorted out to be able to get impressions done!

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #864 of 2,466
Sorry guys that I'm not chiming in often for the past few days, but I'm still in Asia (coming back next week) with limited access to computer.

As for the cables - as it has been discussed few pages back with @bartzky - cables in case of FIBAE make a bit of a difference in sound due to big difference in cross-talk (we are talking stock vs 4-core or balanced). Backed by cross-talk measurements.
As for the treble, as some of you noticed - F3 is tuned for upper highs, not the low highs so it doesn't necessarily sound bright, especially when to someone who might be coming from TWFK+DD hybrid which are typically very sibilant-happy

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #865 of 2,466
I have the F3 and on order the FME, but after reading @subguy812 review the F2 is really tempting me :ksc75smile:

Yeah, I have a feeling I'd really enjoy that one too.

The FIBAE ME has now gone through a full week of pink noise burn-in. I picked it up again last night for a session. Doesn't sound all that different honestly. Which is great, since I really loved the profile right out of the box. :D

Apr 7, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #866 of 2,466
I'm just in awe at the size of the nozzles of your F3 :wink:

My ear canals are tiny...

Great review too! A great read :)
Thank you ... I feel violated at your awe of my ear holes:ksc75smile:

Apr 7, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #868 of 2,466
The F2 is very engaging. You put it in your ears and enjoy..only that. They are two different IEMs and the only tie that binds is FIBAE. Both respond well to upgraded cables and because of FIBAE the signature is constant with different sources. Technically impressive is the F3 and the F2 is a musical listen. Both stages are impressive and wide. I love the sub bass of the F3. The F2 has a nice warmth.

Apr 7, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #869 of 2,466
Great review, thanks!

Have you tried the F3 with all your cables?
At various times..yes. If there is one in particular you would like some thoughts about let me know and it would be my pleasure to give them some time and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back