CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Mar 16, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #782 of 2,466
Mar 16, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #784 of 2,466
These are not available off Massdrop, right?

These are only available off Massdrop. With the exception of Piotr wanting some review samples out there.

Mar 16, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #786 of 2,466
Lovely!
Lot of new ciems for you, Pinky!

Let us know what you think about them!

I just posted this in Nic's thread. I'm sure there's plenty here who will find it interesting, as well. :wink:

Sounds deep, rich and lush, with impeccably smooth treble and warmth throughout. Vocals are full and clear. A very organic, natural sounding piece of @piotrus-g art.

Mar 18, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #788 of 2,466
Well I have started working on my F3 review what a wonderful IEM
IMG_20180317_144621.jpg

Mar 18, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #789 of 2,466
Well I have started working on my F3 review what a wonderful IEM
It sure looks gorgeous, very much looking forward to your review as I have it in my sights. Will you compare it to the F2?

Mar 18, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #790 of 2,466
Outstanding work Piotr!

Pinky's FIBAE Massdrop Exclusive

Because I'm a cable snob, I'm using the plusSound X-Series GPC. Hope you don't mind, Piotr! It's a very uncolored cable, and I get to use Balanced Output. So... :wink:

Wow look stunning (as always).

Quick question for you Pinky. You seem to get a lot of ciems in for review, do you go to the audiologists for them, or do you do your own? Also have you had to have any refits for them just out of curiosity?!

Those Mass Drop fibaes are on my wish list once I confirm I've finally found a decent audiologist!

Cheers

Mar 18, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #791 of 2,466
It sure looks gorgeous, very much looking forward to your review as I have it in my sights. Will you compare it to the F2?
Certainly will Jeff...both are excellent at what they excel at. It truly is a tale of two different IEM's that share the same FIBAE technology

Mar 18, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #792 of 2,466
Wow look stunning (as always).

Quick question for you Pinky. You seem to get a lot of ciems in for review, do you go to the audiologists for them, or do you do your own? Also have you had to have any refits for them just out of curiosity?!

Those Mass Drop fibaes are on my wish list once I confirm I've finally found a decent audiologist!

Cheers

Definitely go to an audiologist.

These are only my fourth pair of customs. Rhapsodio Solar was my first. I had to send back for refit once. But since then every custom job has been more or less perfect.

Mar 18, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #793 of 2,466
FIBAE 06.jpg

The Custom Art FIBAE Massdrop Exclusive (FIBAE ME... never FIBAE 6, or Piotr gets the knives out :wink:) possesses enormous bass. There is more sub-bass than mid-bass, but make no mistake, there is lots of mid-bass too. As Piotr stated, he aimed for a natural, slower decay and timbre, as opposed to the usual Balanced Armature quick and tight low-end. In this he succeeded. It's one of the most Dynamic Driver sounding BAs I've come across. It reminds me a lot of the U12, only bigger lows, and perhaps better. I wish I still had my U12 to compare against.

Vocals are undeniably behind the bass. But they have excellent presence and size, and come through strong. They have a velvety, lush quality, with full notes and gorgeous overtones. FIBAE ME is not tuned for profound clarity and detail. It's going for warmth and musicality. That said, Piotr balanced these well, so that details are never lost and the mid-range is indeed quite clear in its own right. Just don't expect that aggressive clarity that's become so popular these days. FIBAE ME is simply pursuing a different philosophy. One I think lots of people are ready for.

The treble sounds to be in-line with the mids, both sitting behind the bass. There's lovely extension and air, though the tuning is warm and smooth. There seems to be a small bump in the presence region, to bring out some detail and light, but for the most part, these highs are linear and silky.

Soundstage is nice and large, giving you an out-of-head experience. I'm enjoying the depth, in particular. It's quite square in dimensions, with equal width, height, and depth. Again, the presentation is about musicality, so separation is not heightened to insane levels. What you get is cohesion, and naturalness that is impossible not to love. In spite of all this warm and bass, FIBAE ME achieves a degree of transparency that is surprising. These IEMs effortlessly lose me in the music.

How much do I like them? Well, as some of you know, I received Legend X two days before. And I'm having a hard time choosing which to put in at any given moment. Piotr has made something right up Pinky's alley, in a big way. :D

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #794 of 2,466

The Custom Art FIBAE Massdrop Exclusive (FIBAE ME... never FIBAE 6, or Piotr gets the knives out :wink:) possesses enormous bass. There is more sub-bass than mid-bass, but make no mistake, there is lots of mid-bass too. As Piotr stated, he aimed for a natural, slower decay and timbre, as opposed to the usual Balanced Armature quick and tight low-end. In this he succeeded. It's one of the most Dynamic Driver sounding BAs I've come across. It reminds me a lot of the U12, only bigger lows, and perhaps better. I wish I still had my U12 to compare against.

Vocals are undeniably behind the bass. But they have excellent presence and size, and come through strong. They have a velvety, lush quality, with full notes and gorgeous overtones. FIBAE ME is not tuned for profound clarity and detail. It's going for warmth and musicality. That said, Piotr balanced these well, so that details are never lost and the mid-range is indeed quite clear in its own right. Just don't expect that aggressive clarity that's become so popular these days. FIBAE ME is simply pursuing a different philosophy. One I think lots of people are ready for.

The treble sounds to be in-line with the mids, both sitting behind the bass. There's lovely extension and air, though the tuning is warm and smooth. There seems to be a small pump in the presence region, to bring out some detail and light, but for the most part, these highs are linear and silky.

Soundstage is nice and large, giving you an out-of-head experience. I'm enjoying the depth, in particular. It's quite square in dimensions, with equal width, height, and depth. Again, the presentation is about musicality, so separation is not heightened to insane levels. What you get is cohesion, and naturalness that is impossible not to love. In spite of all this warm and bass, FIBAE ME achieves a degree of transparency that is surprising. These IEMs effortlessly lose me in the music.

How much do I like them? Well, as some of you know, I received Legend X two days before. And I'm having a hard time choosing which to listen at any given moment. Piotr has made something right up Pinky's alley, in a big way. :D
Well it's about damn time you understand the wonderfulness that is Custom Art.

Mar 18, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #795 of 2,466
Well it's about damn time you understand the wonderfulness that is Custom Art.

hehe. Everybody kept telling me. Just needed to hear it for myself. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back