CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jan 17, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #527 of 2,466
Have you looked at the new Cayin N5ii?
Looked at, ordered, recieved, demoed, sent back yesterday (or a slightly less smart arse answer would be yes!). In a few firmware releases time I imagine it will be quite formidable, as it was there were a few things (back plate getting warm amongst them!) that I just didn't like. Atm I'm "slumming" it with a pioneer xdp100r which is ok but nothing earth shattering. Everything works like it should out of the box though which is quite nice. It's mainly the size of the thing that I don't like, so was really hoping to like the n5II.

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #528 of 2,466
How are you finding the hidisz? Been tempted to get one but the reports of rubbish battery life put me off somewhat! Anything over 9 hours is doable for me.
Hi David

I have only had it a couple of days by the new Opus#1S is a very sweet DAP....just throwing it out there. Rich, full sound but detailed.

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #529 of 2,466
Hi David

I have only had it a couple of days by the new Opus#1S is a very sweet DAP....just throwing it out there. Rich, full sound but detailed.
Looking at the same here, particularly after @davidcotton 's remarks. That, or the M3s by Shanling, which is also much lighter on the wallet... I'd rather have a decent DAP working seamlessly, and spend more on the best transducers I can afford.

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #530 of 2,466
Hi David

Nice, but no uk distributors yet :frowning2: Guessing amp3 or hifiheadphones will get it in at some point! I think we touched on it on the 1s thread but can you still sideload apps on it? I imagine the sound would pair nicely with the fibae2 if not 3 (he said getting it back on track!).

Jan 17, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #531 of 2,466
There would be no reason to sideload...no wifi. But I can also recommend the Shanling M3s... clarity, details, just not as full of a sound as the Opus#1S

Jan 17, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #532 of 2,466
There would be no reason to sideload...no wifi. But I can also recommend the Shanling M3s... clarity, details, just not as full of a sound as the Opus#1S
...but EUR 120 less than the Opus #1s, which I would happily apply against the Fibae 3, and most likely will!

Jan 17, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #533 of 2,466
Hi

Knew this would come up! It's not streaming I'm after but compatibility with audiobooks and bookmarking. Most native mp3 players don't have a resume function (the ability to go back and carry on listening from a point in the file after leaving it) and as most of my listening is a good 50-50 split between music and audiobooks this is a bit of a sticking point to me. I've found a couple of good audiobook apps on android (Smart and Mortplayer), just wanted to know if it would be possible to have either of those on the opus? Failing that, didn't know if the shanling had the resume option?

Sorry if this is going off topic just a little. Want to make the most of the fibaes when I eventually get them back :)

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #534 of 2,466
I understand now...I haven't tried to sideload on the Opus#1S but I certainly did on the Opus#2. I may try it for you just to see.

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #535 of 2,466
I think Ares II is going to be my go to cable for FIBAE 3.

I now have:

64 Audio U6 - Effect Eros II
Clear Tune VS-2 - Plussound Exo Copper
FIBAE 3 - Effect Ares II

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #536 of 2,466
I think Ares II is going to be my go to cable for FIBAE 3.

I now have:

64 Audio U6 - Effect Eros II
Clear Tune VS-2 - Plussound Exo Copper
FIBAE 3 - Effect Ares II
My F2 has an AresII attached...I also really like it on the Zeus, but so I don't have to keep changing it out I use my golden MK3 on Zeus. Honestly, it is a reasonably priced, after market cable that may not always enhance the nuances but I haven't found it to hurt the sound.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #538 of 2,466
I have the F3 with the Ares ll+ and I strongly recommend it, also the Eros is not bad, but ares is my n.1.

Ares II+ is warmer than regular Ares II, to be fair I wouldn't want the FIBAE 3 to be any warmer.

I think I'm happy with the cable combos I've got now :D

Although the Atlas Zeno IEM works well with FIBAE 3 too.

Jan 20, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #539 of 2,466
F3 with stock cable on Cayin N5ii get more body in lower mids and higher bass, attack no to fast and lost opened signature. Cayin N5II is very good with F3 for people who want smooth and detailed sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back