CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jan 11, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #511 of 2,466
If nothing else you could do what I do, find the track in Tidal or Spotify

if i really like a song/album , i can always download/get it at some great private torrent trackers i am enrolled

i really appreciate youtube for being able to find almost anything there and thus giving me a first taste of a song's melody which is what usually draws me - if i like what i am haring i can always download/get it in good quality (flac 16/44 usually) for personal/serious listening from other places

my point being , if i post a song from yutube here i won't be 'look how great this song sounds' but more 'this is a great song , check it out'

i mean it's like asking someone to check a great movie through a smartphone - you just get an idea and then go and enjoy it in a medium which does it justice

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #512 of 2,466
i never understood why people point to youtube clips for critical istening

i can only listen to youtube as a strictly informative way to educate myself about how a song sounds , melody -wise

youtube clips are like 128kbps quality....you need good quality files to hear/apppreciate the nuances of a song

cheers

I have the CD rip as it's from my parents collection. But it was a way to share the track in hope you may find it on a streaming service or download it in FLAC if you can find it.

Of course YouTube will sound terrible.

Either way, did anyone listen to it in good quality?

Thoughts?

I'm mainly a rock guy but really enjoy a little Eat Static every now and again.

Jan 12, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #513 of 2,466
ah ok , i got you wrong then - you use the YT like me , as a way to inform people

cheers

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #514 of 2,466
It has gotten quiet over here...F3 owners after some time with your F3 what are your thoughts now? F2 comparison?

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #517 of 2,466
It has gotten quiet over here...F3 owners after some time with your F3 what are your thoughts now? F2 comparison?

Still love mine, need to get round to writing the review soon :D

They work well with all genres, have excellent sub-bass presence, and nicely extended highs.

The highs are really interesting as they are boosted right after the initial impact, which means cymbals and the like have quite a different presentation than many other IEMs.

The lack of peak in the lower treble means they are never fatiguing and they certainly don't come across as bright, but the air and extension is there nonetheless with excellent detail retrieval.

IMG_20180115_080407-01.jpeg

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #518 of 2,466
Waiting for my F2 to come back ^^

Waiting for my ears to settle down after the typical January coughs and infections have settled down before giving it one more go. Getting there slowly. Got another audiologist lined up who at least knows what ciems are! I've been very good and giving my ears a break from iems and ciems in general. Been torture at work though as headphones just don't block the same amount of noise out!

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #519 of 2,466
Still love mine, need to get round to writing the review soon :D

They work well with all genres, have excellent sub-bass presence, and nicely extended highs.

The highs are really interesting as they are boosted right after the initial impact, which means cymbals and the like have quite a different presentation than many other IEMs.

The lack of peak in the lower treble means they are never fatiguing and they certainly don't come across as bright, but the air and extension is there nonetheless with excellent detail retrieval.

How are you finding the hidisz? Been tempted to get one but the reports of rubbish battery life put me off somewhat! Anything over 9 hours is doable for me.

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #520 of 2,466
How are you finding the hidisz? Been tempted to get one but the reports of rubbish battery life put me off somewhat! Anything over 9 hours is doable for me.

Haven't tested the duration yet, only had it a couple of days. Firmware is still being worked on but the sound quality is very good :)

Jan 16, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #521 of 2,466
Of the three Fibaes, which one would have the biggest soundstage and/or airiest and most open presentation? I'm kinda a soundstage nut.

Jan 16, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #522 of 2,466

I’ll begin writing my F3 review at the end of the week (hopefully), and I'll have comparisons to the F2 within the review.

Of the three Fibaes, which one would have the biggest soundstage and/or airiest and most open presentation? I'm kinda a soundstage nut.

Definitely the F3, so far.

Jan 17, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #523 of 2,466
Have you looked at the new Cayin N5ii?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back