Custom IEMs Chinese market - There is an explosion in the Chinese market for custom IEMs!!!
Nov 21, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #76 of 113
Yeah i want to do that, but on the other hand i want to stay abit more safe as i dont know how they sound.
Normally it is hard to perfect it the first time, when you making something new.(not that UM will released something bad).
If you look at mage that are really good but miracle makes it perfect
And it is not yet released, i want to buy now or soon since it is a sale.
But sound like the UM Merlin will be hard to drive then other IEMS, i dont have a amp.

Pluss im dieing because i sold my MTPG and im turning back Starkey custom ERM-3 that sounds so good.
Left with nothing less then socket sony x iems.

Nov 30, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #78 of 113

Quote:
Actually UM is not that well known in China, whereas Thousand Sound is better known, their products are top among Chinese custom IEMs.

Hi, does Thousand Sound accept foreign order, and i wonder how are the hybrid dynamic and armature TS842 sound, because i haven't found any review, even in chinese forum.

Thanks

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #80 of 113

Quote:
Can somebody link other product that Thousand Sound makes or there homepage.

hi, you can check at this chinese forum, all in chinese language, you can try your luck with google translate

http://bbs.erji.com/read.php?tid=520827

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #81 of 113

Quote:
Actually UM is not that well known in China, whereas Thousand Sound is better known, their products are top among Chinese custom IEMs.

That's very interesting. Could you tell us more about their products?

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #82 of 113
That is a terrifying price tag.
I realize that with conversion it's less, but.. yikes.

Definitely something to look in to though

Nov 30, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #83 of 113
It's Taobao again.  I am still trying to figure out a legit taobao agent to order from there.  Sorry to thread hijack, but if any one knows a good one, please let me know 
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #85 of 113
maybe I'll try to translate the site for u guys =.=, haven't tried their IEMs myself but Thousand Sound is known to be professional at tuning and has very good reputation. I am pretty much determined to get them to add a driver to TF10 and tune to UE11, according to them they can pretty much replicate the same listening experience of UE11.

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #86 of 113
My cousin re-shelled his TF10 with them. next day after he got them back, he found left/right imbalance. The guy at Thousand Sound solved it by taking out the filter on the left earpiece and stuffed some cotton material in it. That's it. 

I was going to get their TS433, but then ended up ordering the quad drivers from 1964Ears. Perhaps next year, I will do the same thing like DongDong, re-shelling my TF10 and add a mid driver. 

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #87 of 113

[size=10.0pt]Thousand Sound-Custom made IEMs, professional tuning (moving coil+armature hybrid out now)[/size]

Thousand Sound is
-The first to make brand new custom IEMs in China.
-The first to own whole set of tuning, testing equipments.
-Has 10 years of experience in CM and audio knowledge,
-Actual Lab is situated in GuangZhou, you can get ear impressions.

Let your custom IEMs possess perfected sound, great craftsmanship, comfort and good sound isolation.

From two years of research the moving coil+armature custom IEM is out now.

Model:TS842            3350RMB(no cable)
Resistance:55ohms
Sensitivity:102DB/1mw
Frequency response: 20hz-18Khz

• Moving coil provides mid/low frequencies which gives rich, bouncy(?) bass and smooth mids.
  • Armature unit provides high frequencies, to give detail in the highs.
  • Uses 2 way crossover, high and low frequencies connect very naturally.
  • Overall SQ is between 2x-s and JH13.
  • Tuned to the fashion of HD650.

Moving coil unit.

Below is the comparison of TS842 against EM, 2X-S and JH13, green line represents TS842.

Comparison against EM

Comparison against 2X-S

Against JH13

[size=medium][/size]

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #89 of 113

More models available:

• TS222 ( ES2 replica)                         1950RMB
Double armature, 2 way crossover, sound tube goes from 2 then combines to 1. Suits vocals, pop music, jazz, classical and rock. Vocal is balanced and at the same time presents each instrument clearly. Bass has quality and some depth, has good amount of quantity.

Input sensitivity: 119db @ 1mw
Frequency Response: 20hz-18Khz
Impedance: 27ohms

2. TS322 (UE10 replica)                         2950RMB
Three armatures, 2 way crossover design, has two sound tubes. Has very little sound colouring, great vocals, you can hear the breathing of vocalists. Overall sound is full and strong, bass has strength. It’s performance in classical music is outstanding, carries an air of royalty. Detail throughout the spectrum exceeds normal full sized headphones. Sound stage is natural. Comparing the treble of these IEMs to ER4, ER4’s treble is more rough. If you like classical music this is your top choice.

Input sensitivity: 119db @1mw
Frequency response: 20hz-16Khz
Impedance: 13.3ohms

3. TS333 (ES3 replica)                          2950RMB
Three armatures, 3 way crossover design, combines 3 soundtubes to 1. Bass is bouncy (don’t know if this is how you describe it), mids is outstanding, smooth highs. Has accurate placement and soundstage.

Input sensitivity: 124db @1mw
Impedance: 25 ohms

4. TS432 (UE11 pro replica)                      3350RMB
Four armatures, 3 way crossover design, has 2 sound tubes. Very strong bass, big soundstage and balanced, generous sound. Calling this the HD650 of the IEM world is not an overstatement.

Frequency response: 10Hz-16.5Khz
Impedance: 18ohms at 1Khz

• TS433(Thousand Sound’s own invention)              3650RMB
Four armatures, 3 way crossover three sound tubes combines to 1. This IEM uses double low frequency drivers which delivers bass equivalent to that of UE11. One driver for mids and vocals, vocals are outstanding, able to compete against ES3’s mids. One driver for highs, delivering great detail in treble.

Input sensitivity: 117db @1mw
Impedance: 12.8ohms

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #90 of 113

Quote:

More models available:

• TS222 ( ES2 replica)                         1950RMB
Double armature, 2 way crossover, sound tube goes from 2 then combines to 1. Suits vocals, pop music, jazz, classical and rock. Vocal is balanced and at the same time presents each instrument clearly. Bass has quality and some depth, has good amount of quantity.

Input sensitivity: 119db @ 1mw
Frequency Response: 20hz-18Khz
Impedance: 27ohms

2. TS322 (UE10 replica)                         2950RMB
Three armatures, 2 way crossover design, has two sound tubes. Has very little sound colouring, great vocals, you can hear the breathing of vocalists. Overall sound is full and strong, bass has strength. It’s performance in classical music is outstanding, carries an air of royalty. Detail throughout the spectrum exceeds normal full sized headphones. Sound stage is natural. Comparing the treble of these IEMs to ER4, ER4’s treble is more rough. If you like classical music this is your top choice.

Frequency response: 20hz-16Khz
Impedance: 13.3ohms

3. TS333 (ES3 replica)                          2950RMB
Three armatures, 3 way crossover design, combines 3 soundtubes to 1. Bass is bouncy (don’t know if this is how you describe it), mids is outstanding, smooth highs. Has accurate placement and soundstage.

Input sensitivity: 124db @1mw
Impedance: 25 ohms

4. TS432 (UE11 pro replica)                      3350RMB
Four armatures, 3 way crossover design, has 2 sound tubes. Very strong bass, big soundstage and balanced, generous sound. Calling this the HD650 of the IEM world is not an overstatement.

Frequency response: 10Hz-16.5Khz
Impedance: 18ohms at 1Khz

• TS433(Thousand Sound’s own invention)              3650RMB
Four armatures, 3 way crossover three sound tubes combines to 1. This IEM uses double low frequency drivers which delivers bass equivalent to that of UE11. One driver for mids and vocals, vocals are outstanding, able to compete against ES3’s mids. One driver for highs, delivering great detail in treble.

Input sensitivity: 117db @1mw
Impedance: 12.8ohms

Thanks, dongdong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back