Custom IEM Set-up
Jan 22, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #46 of 52

Quote:
If wait is an issue, I would advise AGAINST the Miracles. UM had just finished many batches of orders for their recent promotions, and are only holiday for Chinese New Year until around the 29th. Even after that, UM has some of the longest turnaround times of all CIEM manufacturers. Not to mention all the orders qued up from the break.

My Miracle took 5.5 weeks from the time they received my impressions. The fastest I've heard recently was I think around 4 weeks. If you are unlucky it could easily go to 6-7 weeks. There is one person at nearly 3 months I believe..

The Heir IEM might be a bit faster, but not much. There is huge hype and a ton of orders from Headfi, so I wouldn't expect your IEM quickly. The best solution I can think of is either a rush order from Heir or give your friend about $100 or so to ship the SE 5-way to you with the fastest service possible, as you say money isn't much of an issue.

I received my Miracles a couple weeks ago and they ahd a turnaround time of 20 days from when my impressions were received and when I actually had them in hand. It was surprisingly fast at just a little less of 3 weeks. But because they're on holidays until the end of the month, the wait time will definitely be affected. 

I also heard from the Wiz that they have a ton of orders to go through as a result of the head-fi hype. Good news is that although the rest of the staff will be on holidays, the Wiz will be building CIEMs all by himself. 

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #48 of 52
What's the latest?  
popcorn.gif

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #49 of 52
FYI, all Sensaphonics custom IEMs have removable cables (and have for several years now), unless the permanently attached version is specifically requested (which does happen, usually with musicians who want the lowest profile possible).

The review you probably referenced, with comparative analysis of the 2MAX vs. JH16 and ES-5:
http://www.avguide.com/review/sensaphonics-2max-custom-fit-ear-monitor-playback-36

If you read the full review, you'll see the 2MAX stands up quite well to these products and, as the only soft silicone product in the group, offers superior isolation and comfort. And I believe Sensaphonics is the only company to offer silicone earpieces with field-replaceable cables.

FWIW.

Quote:
It took some time for them to "fall off" just because of how little impressions there are of them. They were weakened because as far as I could tell the cables were not removable, which is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I never actually found a review that said that up-front, but I'm pretty confident it is. They were eventually removed because I read some review which compared the 2-max(which is what I would be interested in) to the ES5, and it said as far as an analytic stand-point, the ES5 is the better option. That basically the way I've removed all of my choices.

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #50 of 52

Quote:
FYI, all Sensaphonics custom IEMs have removable cables (and have for several years now), unless the permanently attached version is specifically requested (which does happen, usually with musicians who want the lowest profile possible).

The review you probably referenced, with comparative analysis of the 2MAX vs. JH16 and ES-5:
http://www.avguide.com/review/sensaphonics-2max-custom-fit-ear-monitor-playback-36

If you read the full review, you'll see the 2MAX stands up quite well to these products and, as the only soft silicone product in the group, offers superior isolation and comfort. And I believe Sensaphonics is the only company to offer silicone earpieces with field-replaceable cables.

FWIW.

Both Spiral Ears and ACS offer detachable cable options on silicone CIEMs.

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #52 of 52
I'm thinking jh16 or miracle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back