Custom IEM Set-up
Jan 20, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #31 of 52
Can anybody explain why the Miracle is so high on the poll? Is it really just the best by such a huge margin, I certainly didn't get that feeling from reviews, but once again, I could be wrong.

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #32 of 52
Update: At this point in time I've narrowed down my selection by like half. I tried to reset the poll, but it wouldn't let me. O well. These are the current IEM I'm thinking about.

Spiral Ear 5-way
Future Sonics MG6 Pro
Heir Audio 6.A
ES EM4
Westone ES5
UM Miracle
JH 3a

At this time, I currently drawing away from the JH 3a and UM Miracle due to reading some poor reviews. I am doing the same with the ES5, but to a lesser degree. The reason I haven't removed them yet is due to the remaining IEM being obviously less popular, I figured it might be a numbers game. Thanks for all the help thus far.

P.S. Has anybody with a JH 3a been able to compare it performance with other IEM/High-end Amp combos, or even the JH 16pro with other high-end amps?

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #33 of 52

Quote:
Can anybody explain why the Miracle is so high on the poll? Is it really just the best by such a huge margin, I certainly didn't get that feeling from reviews, but once again, I could be wrong.

It's probably so high on the poll because you mentioned that you loved a clear, detailed, natural, neutral, balanced sound, and that's exactly what the Miracles do.  Each review comes from different ears but you'll find that each and every one of them describe the Miracles as very balanced.  I think it's good to have a wide variety of reviews because not everything will just get rave reviews from everyone.

If it were me, I'd probably go with the ones that more people have reviewed because you can actually get a glimpse, from other people's perspective, of how the actual iem sounds.  With the ones that aren't more reviewed, you aren't gonna hear really anything about them because no one has them. 

Also I think when people dislike their customs, it's mostly because they didn't really research enough into the sound signature.  It's kinda like someone wanting a neutral iem shooting for a jh-16 or a 8.A, it's just not gonna work.

Anyways, good luck with your choice.  I don't really think you would be unsatisfied with the Miracles if you're into the sound signature.  All of those ciems are at a similar technical level (spiral ear 5 way probably being the most technical) but it's more just personal preference at that point.

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #36 of 52
It took some time for them to "fall off" just because of how little impressions there are of them. They were weakened because as far as I could tell the cables were not removable, which is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I never actually found a review that said that up-front, but I'm pretty confident it is. They were eventually removed because I read some review which compared the 2-max(which is what I would be interested in) to the ES5, and it said as far as an analytic stand-point, the ES5 is the better option. That basically the way I've removed all of my choices.

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #37 of 52
I didn't vote on the poll, and I own a Miracle myself.

The Miracles indeed do fulfill your requirements very well: neutral, while being musical. It has a reference sound without sucking the life out of the music. They have just the right amount of bass - not bass light, but will definitely seem like it has less bass than many headphones, which tend to have an inflated bass response. It only has a very slight v-shaped frequency response, while many of the other CIEMs have a more pronounced signature.

For the reviews of the Miracles, heres what I have to say - they're mostly all wrong. A lot of the reviews overhype them, and a lot of the reviews bash them too much. They are very good headphones. I'm not the greatest at describing sonic characteristics so I'll stop there though, and I just don't have enough experience with headphones to say much more.

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #38 of 52
Looking at your list, the one that really stands out is the FS MG6 Pro. You stated that you want a neutral and balanced sound, yet the MG6 Pro is considered to be a bass CIEM. 

I have the Miracles and I think they're absolutely fantastic. If you want a detailed, clear, balanced sound, I would highly recommend them. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #39 of 52
Hmmmm. I actually didn't pick that up from some reviews. Thanks! Both of your recommendations are much appreciated. The last 2 I think I'm deciding between is the Miracle and the 5-way. I wish somebody had the 6.A just so I could get an opinion, but c'est la vie. Maybe I'll get two :p. Thanks everybody for the huge amount of support and help.

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #40 of 52
By the way, Spiral Ears only ships to the EU. So if you don't live there, it'll be tough to get them.

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #42 of 52
By the way, in what way are you getting them to ship out of the EU?

A redirect service?

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #43 of 52
I went to school in Switzerland so I know a lot of people there, so I'm just having them mail to one of them and then they will mail to me. It's kind of a pain, but I can deal. The only decision now is what to do with this enormous wait time (I'm not a patient person), follow suite and be happy with the Miracles or take a chance and be a front-runner with the 6.A....decision, decisions.

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #44 of 52

Quote:
I went to school in Switzerland so I know a lot of people there, so I'm just having them mail to one of them and then they will mail to me. It's kind of a pain, but I can deal. The only decision now is what to do with this enormous wait time (I'm not a patient person), follow suite and be happy with the Miracles or take a chance and be a front-runner with the 6.A....decision, decisions.

If wait is an issue, I would advise AGAINST the Miracles. UM had just finished many batches of orders for their recent promotions, and are only holiday for Chinese New Year until around the 29th. Even after that, UM has some of the longest turnaround times of all CIEM manufacturers. Not to mention all the orders qued up from the break.

My Miracle took 5.5 weeks from the time they received my impressions. The fastest I've heard recently was I think around 4 weeks. If you are unlucky it could easily go to 6-7 weeks. There is one person at nearly 3 months I believe..

The Heir IEM might be a bit faster, but not much. There is huge hype and a ton of orders from Headfi, so I wouldn't expect your IEM quickly. The best solution I can think of is either a rush order from Heir or give your friend about $100 or so to ship the SE 5-way to you with the fastest service possible, as you say money isn't much of an issue.

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #45 of 52
The problem really isn't sending from my friend to me. From what I've read and heard, people are really starting to hear about Spiral Ear now, so wait times are like 3-4 months. I'll mail all the companies tonight and see where they are at with expected wait times. Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back