Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun
May 9, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #301 of 527
SilverEars, regarding measurements done by Hidition, go through Rin's post again about Hidition - basically he is saying that although they were/are hearing aid company at the time of the post their measurement abilities were limited (maybe everything changed in the meantime).

Hmm, I wasa almost decided to buy Pro at the end of this year but after last posts and re-reading Pros review I'm thinking again about buying non-Pro. Why? Because I tend to think that Pro maybe a little bit too bright for me and that non-Pro maybe more natural and neutral from Pro. I have one question though - I was impressed by the very high rating ot bass rumble in Pro and can someone please tell me whether bass rumble exists in non-Pro and is very very good?or non-Pro is lacking much in this regard in comparison to Pro? Thanks for the answer.

As far as I know the bass quality is there but quantity lacks compared to the Pro version.

May 9, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #303 of 527
They use the same 6 drivers so I cannot believe quantity would be that much greater. But they go from 4 way in the non to 5 way in the pro so I would guess that quality would greater with the potential tuning toward bass. As a pro owner, I would go against the crowd and swear it is not bright to me but very extended both directions and neutral providing a very natural large headphone sized sound when sourced properly. I expressly wanted the hidition due to the 5 way design and the greater clarity it provides. Having just heard the T1, the pro has a similar signature sounding a touch more natural and has no problem matching or sometimes surpassing the full sized T1 SQ. The pro is awesome directly out of my X5 - no amp required.

May 9, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #304 of 527
I'm wondering how much is the difference in quantity - is it a big difference, medium, small or tiny.

You can check average joe's comparison in between them. My guess is that, if Pro has let's say 97/100 bass quantity, vanilla NT6 probably has around 80-85/100 bass quantity. Just my guess
happy_face1.gif

May 10, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #305 of 527
I would say this to people worried about the nt6 pro being too bright- if that on your mind and even the idea of being bright doesn't appeal, consider other options.

I find them to be quite bright or fully extended at both ends. Ie if a track is poorly mastered and fairly heavy on the treble, it will sound that way and a little more. There are quite a few tracks that were fine on my unique melody mages that are a little piercing on these. However, the other side of the coin that they sound unbelievable with well recorded material.

Today I went to high end shop to try my hdp r10 with some high end headphones and they had none. What they had was a 60k system with some tracks I have on my player. When I got home I listened again and can honestly say I heard more with deeper, tighter bass on these beasts. Amazing that 2300 usd of gear can even approach one of these master systems.

Food for thought. But go with your sonic preferences and don't be seduced by the myriad of online reviews.

May 10, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #307 of 527
Thanks man.

I think it is important to re-emphasise that to buyers of TOTL CIEMS as there is loads of hype. Remember that every system has its character and component likewise.

Try to find out the character you like before buying. With really good earphones it may not be what you think it is vs cheaper alternatives.

I certainly wish I had listened to more similar over the ear ones before making the choice. It seems like the T1s would be a good choice before purchasing a non exchangeable CIEM like the nt6 pro.

A warm mid range iem is nothing like a warm lush TOTL CIEM. Bear that in mind before buying anything. That said I found it hard to find anything in Vietnam where I currently live. But now all of a sudden the high end shop is stocking lcd headphones and I've got an itch.

May 13, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #308 of 527
Thanks man.

I think it is important to re-emphasise that to buyers of TOTL CIEMS as there is loads of hype. Remember that every system has its character and component likewise.

Try to find out the character you like before buying. With really good earphones it may not be what you think it is vs cheaper alternatives.

I certainly wish I had listened to more similar over the ear ones before making the choice. It seems like the T1s would be a good choice before purchasing a non exchangeable CIEM like the nt6 pro.

A warm mid range iem is nothing like a warm lush TOTL CIEM. Bear that in mind before buying anything. That said I found it hard to find anything in Vietnam where I currently live. But now all of a sudden the high end shop is stocking lcd headphones and I've got an itch.

wow...........sound like a warning lol
im in hcm too,and about to put my deposit on nt6pro too(i was thinking of 1plus2 vs nt6pro,and i love beyer t1 sound)

im a treble-head i like bright-sound.........1+2 vs nt6pro wise.......which one offer more extensions at both end?

are u happy with nt6 pro?what would be the things that u dont like about it?

May 13, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #309 of 527

im in hcm too,and about to put my deposit on nt6pro too(i was thinking of 1plus2 vs nt6pro,and i love beyer t1 sound)

im a treble-head i like bright-sound.........1+2 vs nt6pro wise.......which one offer more extensions at both end?

We'll if you like the T1 then it sounds like you should be happy with the nt6 pro. Otherwise check out the lcd range and see if you like them. There is a shop in hcmc that stocks them. If so maybe something like the se5 way would be better.

Haven't heard the 1+2 or any other totl. I certainly don't find the nt6 pro lacking in bass. It can be thunderous. Best bass I've ever heard. Better than my 3000 usd speakers. Tight, deep and club like in scale. The only time I don't like my pros is with some club tracks with poorly mastered, harsh, metallic treble. They take no prisoners in that respect. However, I certainly don't regret buying them.

I may get some warmer sounding over the ear headphones to complement them in future. Like the lcd 3s.

May 13, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #310 of 527
We'll if you like the T1 then it sounds like you should be happy with the nt6 pro. Otherwise check out the lcd range and see if you like them. There is a shop in hcmc that stocks them. If so maybe something like the se5 way would be better.

Haven't heard the 1+2 or any other totl. I certainly don't find the nt6 pro lacking in bass. It can be thunderous. Best bass I've ever heard. Better than my 3000 usd speakers. Tight, deep and club like in scale. The only time I don't like my pros is with some club tracks with poorly mastered, harsh, metallic treble. They take no prisoners in that respect. However, I certainly don't regret buying them.

I may get some warmer sounding over the ear headphones to complement them in future. Like the lcd 3s.

thats lovely to hear from you

im not a fan of dark sound,not at all,i like dt880,k702,t1,ad900...v...v.....but never hd6xx,lcd xxx

already put deposit for my nt6 pro @ mr.kool lol

now is waiting time...........then pleasure

May 13, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #311 of 527

I got my lcd2 to compliment my nt6pros for variety and love them - giving me the best of both worlds. Having recently auditioned the 2, 3, and x side by side on a very high end system - to me the x was by far the best and it's less expensive than the 3 so I suggest checking it out first. Otherwise, I would stick with the 2 as it is close enough to the 3 and far less expensive. Just my humble opinion.

Having also recently listened to the nt6pro and t1 side by side, although they share a similar signature, I liked the nt6pro better. I thought the sound stage was a little more 3d and the sound a little more musical. Obviously there is an advantage in having the t1 talents in an on the go format as well.

May 13, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #312 of 527

thats lovely to hear from you

im not a fan of dark sound,not at all,i like dt880,k702,t1,ad900...v...v.....but never hd6xx,lcd xxx

already put deposit for my nt6 pro @ mr.kool lol

now is waiting time...........then pleasure

I for one think you made the right choice. (Wink)

May 15, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #313 of 527
Have anyone tried to compare UM mentor versus NT6/NT6p? I'm very curious to know the overall performance and tuning signature especially comes to classical and instrumental music. Thanks.

May 15, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #314 of 527
Have anyone tried to compare UM mentor versus NT6/NT6p? I'm very curious to know the overall performance and tuning signature especially comes to classical and instrumental music. Thanks.

If you're a treble-head then NT6/NT6Pro might be favourable, but Mentor midrange is supposedly very nice, so it really depends on what type of sound signature is your preference.

Can you tell us what kind of sound signature you like?

May 15, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #315 of 527
I think I like treble brightness with good extensions, eg violin solo. Also details and clarity and wide and precise soundstage. Bass quality with ok quantity. Prioritize classical music yet versatile for all kinds. Probably ask too much for a single CIEM though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back