Custom IEM for jogging?
Mar 18, 2011 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

kevinw2345

New Head-Fier
I know i have posted before about what you guys recommend, but that was last year and new products are out. I am looking for a pair of custom iems which would mainly be used for jogging, so something comfortable. Also i listen to a lot of pop/rock/country/techno etc. no rap haha. I would like to experience the large soundstage. I know ALOT is better than the skull candy ink'd phones i have now. I was looking at the Livewire trips because i do like bass, but am unsure. Would appreciate your "professional" opinion. Also i am looking to spend about 300-$500.00 cdn 
etysmile.gif

Mar 26, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #8 of 12
I wouldn't recommend customs for jogging. Your ears will build up sweat inside. Since customs have open bores at the end which are unprotected I would be worried about the IEMs being damaged.
I could be wrong though. What I do when my ears get warm and build up sweat inside is take the IEMs out and clean them, wait till my ears dry up a bit and put them back in.

For jogging, I use Shure SE215. They are good value for the money and won't fall out while jogging.
Plus I don't need to worry about breaking them.

However, if you insist on getting a custom IEM I would recommend 1964-T's or 1964-Q's, which have more emphasis on the low end.

Mar 26, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #9 of 12
Thank you guys, might save up and get a pair of both, the shure for jogging and the 1964q for everything else. THANKS

Quote:
I wouldn't recommend customs for jogging. Your ears will build up sweat inside. Since customs have open bores at the end which are unprotected I would be worried about the IEMs being damaged.
I could be wrong though. What I do when my ears get warm and build up sweat inside is take the IEMs out and clean them, wait till my ears dry up a bit and put them back in.

For jogging, I use Shure SE215. They are good value for the money and won't fall out while jogging.
Plus I don't need to worry about breaking them.

However, if you insist on getting a custom IEM I would recommend 1964-T's or 1964-Q's, which have more emphasis on the low end.

Mar 26, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #10 of 12
I go for a run every now and then with my pair in. I imagine it could be hazardous if you go jogging in an area with heavy traffic, but otherwise it's a nice experience. Of course, comfort is a non-issue with customs.

Just to address the moisture issue, your ear canals don't sweat enough to actually wet the bores of customs, but some gunk can accumulate as you exercise. To deal with this, a simple wipe-off of the shells or a quick cleaning of the bores with the included cleaning tool is sufficient.

Mar 26, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #11 of 12
Thank you and no i dont go where there is traffic, i go to a park, we have a really long bike path here that is also used for joggers. That is great advice, i was hoping someone could answer from experience and you did, thank you Albertnam.

Quote:
I go for a run every now and then with my pair in. I imagine it could be hazardous if you go jogging in an area with heavy traffic, but otherwise it's a nice experience. Of course, comfort is a non-issue with customs.

Just to address the moisture issue, your ear canals don't sweat enough to actually wet the bores of customs, but some gunk can accumulate as you exercise. To deal with this, a simple wipe-off of the shells or a quick cleaning of the bores with the included cleaning tool is sufficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back