Custom: ER-4S (Westone)
Jul 25, 2010 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Moy

New Head-Fier
Alright, Here goes... I've read just about every post here on Head-Fi that pertained to getting custom molds put on the ER4, and the majority of them were pretty negative with regards to how they sounded after the molds were put on.  Well, I decided to take the gamble and had a local audiologist take my impressions to have them sent off to Westone for custom molds. (Style #34, Oto Blast clear, I sent Westone my ER4S's in the mail with the impressions) The Total Cost ? $175.00 

Fast foward two weeks:  I was extremely worried that they wouldn't fit properly and that I would have had to send them back for adjustments.  Well, they came back.... Fit was perfect, and they seal. Can't ask for more! Right?!?

So how do they sound? That was the Golden Question at the time! The Answer after a month of usage? They sound the same as when I used them with the tri-flanges except now they're 10 times more comfortable.  Haha, I kid you not... I fell asleep with them on the first night! 

Anyway, I writing this post mainly to serve as a document to my personal and positive experience in having them converted.  If anyone is thinking about having theirs done I would tell them that " I'm extremely happy with what Westone did with these molds and that the end results didn't change the sound signature a bit."

I'm also writing this post to serve as a Thank You letter to all you crazy Audio heads!!!

Yall are wild,
M

Jul 25, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 10
Thanks but...thread worthless...um, yeah.

PICS!

biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 10
Yeah, I know about the custom tips, but his post really made it sound like he actually got custom-molded ER4 earphones.

Quote:
Well, I decided to take the gamble and had a local audiologist take my impressions to have them sent off to Westone for custom molds.

Anyway, I writing this post mainly to serve as a document to my personal and positive experience in having them converted.  If anyone is thinking about having theirs done I would tell them that " I'm extremely happy with what Westone did with these molds and that the end results didn't change the sound signature a bit."

Jul 25, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #8 of 10
lol :)

$175 for the UM56 sounds pretty expensive for some reason however

Jul 26, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back