Custom-colored Sennheiser HD 25-1 II adidas (a lot of big photos inside)
Apr 27, 2011 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 124
I ordered an awesome wireless microphone setup directly from Sennheiser (to use for Head-Fi TV), and a Sennheiser HD 25-1 II adidas (the one I used in Head-Fi TV Episode 004 was borrowed from a local friend).  The microphone gear arrived as expected.  But when I opened up the box with the HD25 adidas, it seems they decided to surprise me with this custom-colored version!  It looks nice in these photos, but even better in person.  (The white is more of a pearl white than a *white* white.)  I absolutely love it!

Thanks to Sennheiser's Eric Palonen for all the guidance on which microphone pieces to order, and for fulfilling my HD25 order with this very custom piece!  Eric nicknamed this color scheme Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Original Detroit.

I've already been asked by some folks on Facebook if they can order one just like this one, and the answer is yes.  However, it has to be done through Colorware.  I'll try to find out more details, and post them here.

UPDATE: Contact Colorware for availability, as I am not 100% sure this model is available from them, and/or able to be custom-colored by them. Of course, Colorware can tell you for sure.

Apr 27, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 124
That's cool.  I only thought Colorware did Beats.  If you have a linky, please share...

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #8 of 124
If you tell them to add decent phones to their web site, like those. They'll get new customers, like us...

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #9 of 124
Jealous..Those look awesome! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #10 of 124
I didn't care for the original look in episode 4 but those ARE GORGEOUS. Enjoy your new cans Jude and please do throw up a linky with info on those little beauties. Right now I'm conflicted between getting the Senn HD25 or the Bayer 1350 as my new on the run mobile headphone. If those beauties aren't to expensive and if shipping to Canada isn't insane I may just grab that model :)

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #11 of 124
They are really Sweet and Your the 1st kid on the block with them, Your not drooling on these also, are You!  
wink_face.gif
  Yup as I thought I see drool stain's on the pad's.  
tongue.gif
  I don't blame You, I bet other's other's are drooling on their monitor's as I write this.

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #12 of 124
damn, looks great Jude!

WOW!

Apr 27, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #13 of 124
Eh...They're really expensive...Like REALLY expensive.

Coloring service is about $250.  They even sell a chrome version of the beats studio for $1000.  LOL.

The only legit headphone from that link to Colorware is the Pioneer HDJ-2000, which goes for $250 for the coloring service, $550 for a brand new headphone with the coloring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back