Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Jul 6, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #706 of 749
@piotrus-g

My FIBAE7U arrived this morning (upgrade from F4). Once again a wonderful product from Custom Art. Some brief listening over the last hour with the IfI-Audio Gold Go and these are different level to the F4. Lovely rich sound presentation with a full sound that delivers across the spectrum. will post further impressions at a later date but early impressions are very very good.

Nothing fancy in my design choice, just clear with a black faceplate with added Jack Russell Terrier!

20220706_115216.jpg

Jul 6, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #707 of 749
@piotrus-g

My FIBAE7U arrived this morning (upgrade from F4). Once again a wonderful product from Custom Art. Some brief listening over the last hour with the IfI-Audio Gold Go and these are different level to the F4. Lovely rich sound presentation with a full sound that delivers across the spectrum. will post further impressions at a later date but early impressions are very very good.

Nothing fancy in my design choice, just clear with a black faceplate with added Jack Russell Terrier!

20220706_115216.jpg
Thank you for the lovely picture and early impressions. Happy Listening! Enjoy!

Sep 1, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #708 of 749
Nice review, however my ears have to wholeheartedly disagree about the treble being sharp :D
I'm treble sensitive too, and hadn't had any issues with treble at all! They are the perfect balance of delivering energy and being suitable even for classical music, while being as smooth as treble can be. Didn't come across any other IEM at all who did this magic !

Sep 5, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #709 of 749
Sep 6, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #710 of 749
Sep 6, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #711 of 749
Sep 6, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #713 of 749
Using stock tips is really unfair for the FIBAE7 Unlimited, I really don't hear the same things with the Sedna or Canal Work tips

Sep 6, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #714 of 749
Using stock tips is really unfair for the FIBAE7 Unlimited, I really don't hear the same things with the Sedna or Canal Work tips
This is why I always go for customs these days, tip rolling used to infuriate me! The FU7 really are a class act and I count myself lucky to have them :)

Sep 7, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #715 of 749
The review is very strict indeed but that's ok. Everyone has right to their opinion :)
Totally agree...you are preaching to the choir. It is so unfortunate though more and more folks only want an opinion if it aligns with theirs. But then again, I never much cared what anyone thinks of my opinion.

The F7U is such an easy listen. Plug n Play so to speak. I put it in my ears and just forget they are in my ears, no harshness, balanced for the most part.

My F7U are customs so I can't compare with the universals.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #716 of 749
Looks like this thread could use a revival, especially now that my FIBAE 7 Unlimited CIEMs have arrived:

IMG_4453.jpg
IMG_4481.jpg

IMG_4483.jpg
IMG_4496.jpg

graph (4).png

The frequency response measurements above need to be taken with a CIEM-shaped grain of salt though. In particular the treble response doesn't have that 12 kHz dip in my ears with a good seal. I am very happy with the craftsmanship and how well the fit is based on just STL files, and the sound signature is close enough to my ideal preferences too. I'll continue to test and write up a full review in due course of time.

Oct 11, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #717 of 749
Looks like this thread could use a revival, especially now that my FIBAE 7 Unlimited CIEMs have arrived:

IMG_4453.jpg IMG_4481.jpg
IMG_4483.jpg IMG_4496.jpg
graph (4).png
The frequency response measurements above need to be taken with a CIEM-shaped grain of salt though. In particular the treble response doesn't have that 12 kHz dip in my ears with a good seal. I am very happy with the craftsmanship and how well the fit is based on just STL files, and the sound signature is close enough to my ideal preferences too. I'll continue to test and write up a full review in due course of time.
Thank you for your early on impressions! Greatly appreciated :)
Happy listening!

Oct 11, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #718 of 749

Users who are viewing this thread

Back