Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Jan 24, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #736 of 749
They sound SO good, but the seal is not working for me.

If the custom fit is not perfect, then obtain a refit within the initial timeframe? The short-term inconvenience is more than set-off by the long-term gain (provided you are not still a growing teenager, a custom set should be good for years if not a decade plus for some members on here).

Well fitting custom or universal monitors should seal similarly in the canal. A custom fills up the entire outer ear so 'feels like it seals more'. If that feeling is what you are not used to, rather than the fit per se, then perhaps go with universals only. A universal monitor has that modularity of different tips, to play with different insertion depth and angle

A lot of manufacturers say their universals, when well fitting, should be mimic the custom version (with the caveat Custom Art can clarify for themselves, I am referring to what other manufacturers say). Also everyone's ears are different shapes so have to be careful with reading reviews of universal vs customs of the same monitor. There's a really great reviewer that I look at for everything except customs because their ear canal shape is extreme

Jan 26, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #737 of 749
Any preferences for tips for the 7U? What is the general consensus? :)

Jan 26, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #738 of 749
A try JVC spiral dot, Azla sedna earfit light and Azla Crystal. And I returned to the attached tips. They have the best fit and the best treble.

How do F7U play against Traillii? :)

Jan 26, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #740 of 749
A try JVC spiral dot, Azla sedna earfit light and Azla Crystal. And I returned to the attached tips. They have the best fit and the best treble.

How do F7U play against Traillii? :)
Well I just got the 7U a week ago and Trailii 2 days ago so I didn’t have much time to play with both and try different tips etc.

I think the 7U sounds awesome and comparable and even exceeding some 2000k iems I had in past. Warm, smooth but with good bass, separation and spatial imaging. And the fit is very comfortable. I can see many people to love it and call it endgame.

I like mine so much that I asked @piotrus-g to change the stock faceplates for some Carbon and next week they will be on route to Poland. And as usual prompt response and excellent customer service :)

Trailii is a different iem, bigger soundstage and more 3d, more details etc. etc. but it’s also 5x times the price.

I can see space for both in any collection:)

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #741 of 749
Well I just got the U7 a week ago and Trailii 2 days ago so I didn’t have much time to play with both and try different tips etc.

I think the U7 sounds awesome and comparable and even exceeding some 2000k iems I had in past. Warm, smooth but with good bass, separation and spatial imaging. And the fit is very comfortable. I can see many people to love it and call it endgame.

I like mine so much that I asked @piotrus-g to change the stock faceplates for some Carbon and next week they will be on route to Poland. And as usual prompt response and excellent customer service :)

Trailii is a different iem, bigger soundstage and more 3d, more details etc. etc. but it’s also 5x times the price.

I can see space for both in any collection:)
Thank you for your kind feedback :)

Feb 7, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #743 of 749
Just received my 7U from Custom Art for the faceplates change. Very fast and excellent service from @piotrus-g

I chose to change the stock faceplates to Carbon ones with no logos to keep them simple yet classy. They actually look even better in person with the 3d patterns of the carbon faceplates that change depending of light (very difficult to capture them in photos). They almost look like the faceplates underneath are made of wood. Superb craftsmanship!

91D3E8FE-D5C1-4442-8462-EC56BE9112B8.jpeg
0A7825CF-539E-4AE5-930B-8FC43F94A68D.jpeg

Feb 8, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #744 of 749
Just received my 7U from Custom Art for the faceplates change. Very fast and excellent service from @piotrus-g

I chose to change the stock faceplates to Carbon ones with no logos to keep them simple yet classy. They actually look even better in person with the 3d patterns of the carbon faceplates that change depending of light (very difficult to capture them in photos). They almost look like the faceplates underneath are made of wood. Superb craftsmanship!

91D3E8FE-D5C1-4442-8462-EC56BE9112B8.jpeg0A7825CF-539E-4AE5-930B-8FC43F94A68D.jpeg
Thank you for your feedback. Glad you like them :) Happy listening

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #747 of 749
Oh nice, thank you, did not find it on the homepage.

That´s actually pretty cool, will definitely consider it if there is nothing to be found nearby.
Afterall it´s ~55€ for demoing (with insured delivery back to Poland)

The german distributors don´t seem to have it available (only Fibae 5 or the OG Fibae 7)

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #748 of 749
Oh nice, thank you, did not find it on the homepage.

That´s actually pretty cool, will definitely consider it if there is nothing to be found nearby.
Afterall it´s ~55€ for demoing (with insured delivery back to Poland)

The german distributors don´t seem to have it available (only Fibae 5 or the OG Fibae 7)
Actually HeadphoneCompany should have FIBAE 7U demo, reach out to Thomas. They don't list 7U on the website but do have a demo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back