Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Jan 23, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #421 of 749
I do want to echo the sentiments towards the PW Audio No. 10. The pairing is exceptional with the F7. Seems to give the lift in all of the right places. Anyone that knows me knows I am not really a big cable believer and would never spend more than $300, for an IEM cable, because I am only buying them for ergonomics.

Nice! I'll have to try it myself sometime

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #422 of 749
Has anyone tried pairing FIBAE7 with DTR1? Is the synergy good?

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #423 of 749
Tomorrow is going to be a great day, I'll get to test the synergy of the Lotoo Paw Gold Touch with the F7 :D
I love how it pairs with the PAW6000 but I guess the extra resolution and clarity will be fantastic with LPGT!

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #424 of 749
Spent some time with the FIBAE 7 tonight. It is impressive. The overall tone is natural sounding and has a good balance across the signature.

Listening to Dexter Gordon, Tanya, the sub bass has a nice touch, it is possible that the bass notes linger just long enough to create the bass warmth. I think the decay is perfect. It is the type of bass that, at times, makes you wish there was a touch more quantity, but then out of nowhere the song throws out not only great quality but, the added quantity as well.

The treble is clear and never hints at offensive. With it's clarity showcased, you would think that there would be a sparkle on the fringe but it is well behaved and controlled.

With the jazz playlist I was enjoying, the music was wide left to right and vocals come at you like you are on the stage or at least the front row.

What impresses me more than any specific range or frequency is how natural and fluid the experience is with the F7.

An excellent pairing and combo is the balanced Furtech PW Audio No.10 and the Kann Cube.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #425 of 749
So as I have hinted yesterday the PAW Gold Touch is in town and what is the first thing I did?
Plug my FIBAE7 of course!!!

0E5A7BA4-B9BD-4B10-8983-037C533195FB.jpeg

This is really a superb pairing, the LPGT shows that the F7 will scale with better source and indeed the resolution is much improved over anything I have used as a source... the upper treble benefits from the LPGT extension greatly compared to the N6ii and LP6K, and the additional headroom, like with the Cayin N8 is really beneficial the F7 definitely can use good current the bass has yet more control and it's tighter than the N8 that made it massive on the F7. Overall the LGPT balances the signature a bit more and very nicely so while not loosing any of what makes the F7 my favorite IEM of all times. Textures are even more refined and I simply can't stop listening to that combo :D

More impressions to come and since I still have the N8 on loan, will do some A/B and at last update my F7 review with my findings :)

Jan 28, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #427 of 749
So as I have hinted yesterday the PAW Gold Touch is in town and what is the first thing I did?
Plug my FIBAE7 of course!!!

This is really a superb pairing, the LPGT shows that the F7 will scale with better source and indeed the resolution is much improved over anything I have used as a source... the upper treble benefits from the LPGT extension greatly compared to the N6ii and LP6K, and the additional headroom, like with the Cayin N8 is really beneficial the F7 definitely can use good current the bass has yet more control and it's tighter than the N8 that made it massive on the F7. Overall the LGPT balances the signature a bit more and very nicely so while not loosing any of what makes the F7 my favorite IEM of all times. Textures are even more refined and I simply can't stop listening to that combo :D

More impressions to come and since I still have the N8 on loan, will do some A/B and at last update my F7 review with my findings :)
Great to hear! I have the LPGT, now I just need to get the F7...

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #428 of 749
It is the type of bass that, at times, makes you wish there was a touch more quantity, but then out of nowhere the song throws out not only great quality but, the added quantity as well.
Totally! This is one of the features I love about F7. You listen to them and they are calm and almost too neutral and then BAM! you get that deep bass rumble when song changes.

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #430 of 749
Hi,

Does anyone know anything about some promotional / rebate code, to buy Fibae a little cheaper?
CA doesn't really discount their product. It is already reasonably priced out of the gate compared to many other companies.

Feb 14, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #431 of 749
Yes, CA is one of the few - if not the only - upper tier manufacturer who keeps their prices sane. Because of this, they've earned my business twice now. I have the Black and the F7 - both customs.

With regard to the F7 - I haven't heard anyone (who got the custom version) voice disappointment. There's something very spot on with this tuning that tugs at the audiophile heartstrings. Warm with inoffensive but realistic sounding treble, and the proper pinna gain to sound natural in the mids. Then.... bass that hits with a surprising amount of authority - without omitting the center bass. Just go look at the graph of F7 and you'll see how it translates to a great match for many folks. As long as you're not a treble/bass head, it's hard to go wrong with this custom - even without a coupon code or discount.

Feb 15, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #432 of 749
Yes, CA is one of the few - if not the only - upper tier manufacturer who keeps their prices sane. Because of this, they've earned my business twice now. I have the Black and the F7 - both customs.

With regard to the F7 - I haven't heard anyone (who got the custom version) voice disappointment. There's something very spot on with this tuning that tugs at the audiophile heartstrings. Warm with inoffensive but realistic sounding treble, and the proper pinna gain to sound natural in the mids. Then.... bass that hits with a surprising amount of authority - without omitting the center bass. Just go look at the graph of F7 and you'll see how it translates to a great match for many folks. As long as you're not a treble/bass head, it's hard to go wrong with this custom - even without a coupon code or discount.
Thanks!

Feb 15, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #433 of 749
can we chose different colours for the face plates and shells for universal fibae7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back