Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Dec 24, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #376 of 749
I just received my package from Poland, Custom Art FIBAE 7. I am going to include quite a few photos because it is actually difficult to capture the detail and beauty in the art work. I gave Custom Art complete creative control. Sorry for so many photos and no quick impressions. Well done Custom Art team!

WOW! That is awesome looking, and very unique. I would have a hard time deciding whether to look or listen with those!
Hey, well if the Blacks are not breaking the seal when F7 is then I would say your F7 could use a bit of thickening to make them tighter. In our experience direct 3D print result in a bit tighter fit, even after fine-tuning.

Here's our picture.
The design is really one-off work of art :)
That reminds me of the intro to the TV show, The Walking Dead, and as a fan of the show I love it!

Dec 25, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #377 of 749
Hallo,

I have been looking for a comparisson between Fibae7 and InEar ProPhile 8 but my search was not successful. I have been owning the PP8 fo a year now and I am wondering what would change if i switched to Fibae7. While i have been enjoying the PP8 quite a lot I am asking myself wheather is MY signature. One year ago PP8 "won the battle" against the ibasso IT04, AKG N5005 and K3003, and the stage Diver SD5 by quite a margin. I still own the SD2. I think I am craving fo more dynamics, denser midrange (natural voices) and more spark on the top. Generally more fun.Those who have heard both, can you tell me, will the Fibae7 give me that? My source ist the Questyle QP2R.
Thank you.

Dec 25, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #378 of 749
Hallo, I have been looking for a comparisson between Fibae7 and InEar ProPhile 8 but my search was not successful. I have been owning the PP8 fo a year now and I am wondering what would change if i switched to Fibae7. While i have been enjoying the PP8 quite a lot I am asking myself wheather is MY signature. One year ago PP8 "won the battle" against the ibasso IT04, AKG N5005 and K3003, and the stage Diver SD5 by quite a margin. I still own the SD2. I think I am craving fo more dynamics, denser midrange (natural voices) and more spark on the top. Generally more fun.Those who have heard both, can you tell me, will the Fibae7 give me that? My source ist the Questyle QP2R.
Thank you.

From what you’re saying but that’s from memory of the PP8, I think if you’re looking for denser mids and more sparkle up top the F7 is definitely a good candidate... the mids will also have more bite in the upper mids section. Last but not least, you’ll get more bass slam with the F7 :p

What is your preferred switch setting on the PP8?

Dec 25, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #379 of 749
Thank you. I think I can understand waht you are describing.
Mypreferred setting with PP8 is both switches on. But it doesn't make the treble any sparkier.
I suppose the PP8 will be more transparent but is is also true to live? Sometimes I miss the flesh in the voices and the instruments, I have the feeling that the timbre is deprived from some of the truthfulnes and sounds thinner or different as it should be. Reading about the Fibae gives me the expectation that this could bentje right iem for me

Dec 25, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #380 of 749
Mypreferred setting with PP8 is both switches on. But it doesn't make the treble any sparkier.
I suppose the PP8 will be more transparent but is is also true to live? Sometimes I miss the flesh in the voices and the instruments, I have the feeling that the timbre is deprived from some of the truthfulnes and sounds thinner or different as it should be. Reading about the Fibae gives me the expectation that this could bentje right iem for me
I also have te PP8, and have been considering the Fibae 7 along with the Campfire Solstice and some EST offerings, such as Alclair Electro and Pola 39. To me, the main point (sound quality aside) is getting rid of tips and tip rolling, therefore going CIEM.

Dec 29, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #381 of 749
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191226083029500_COVER.jpg

After just sitting back in admiration of detailed beauty in the design and artwork, I decided I would pencil in some thoughts regarding the sound.

An overall summary of the signature would be balanced, precise with a natural tone and timbre. Created with long listening sessions in mind.

The bass is present with the mids being a touch in front however the bass certainly assists in creating the full sound that the F7 delivers. The bass has impact and is more quality focused than the F6 which has quality, almost DD like bass, but the F6 has more indulgent quantity. The F7 is mid bass rich with sub bass rumble that is heard and if heavy bass is in the music, felt.

The stage is precise but offers more of an excellent stereo separation as opposed to a holographic presence.

The mids deliver a dynamic soundpainting. The canvas is large and the art is displayed from edge to edge due to the detail and forwardness that the F7 renders. Forward does not mean abrupt and in your face, it refers to how the clarity and detail is pushed at you.

The F7 has garnered about 90% of my ear time since receiving it. I love long sessions with this great all-arounder. Long listening sessions are the norm as the treble is so vibrant but never sharp or harsh.

Great job Custom Art. The overall balance and tone deliver your consumers an A+ experience, and of course you have offered a TOTL IEM without astronomical pricing.

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #382 of 749

After just sitting back in admiration of detailed beauty in the design and artwork, I decided I would pencil in some thoughts regarding the sound.

An overall summary of the signature would be balanced, precise with a natural tone and timbre. Created with long listening sessions in mind.

The bass is present with the mids being a touch in front however the bass certainly assists in creating the full sound that the F7 delivers. The bass has impact and is more quality focused than the F6 which has quality, almost DD like bass, but the F6 has more indulgent quantity. The F7 is mid bass rich with sub bass rumble that is heard and if heavy bass is in the music, felt.

The stage is precise but offers more of an excellent stereo separation as opposed to a holographic presence.

The mids deliver a dynamic soundpainting. The canvas is large and the art is displayed from edge to edge due to the detail and forwardness that the F7 renders. Forward does not mean abrupt and in your face, it refers to how the clarity and detail is pushed at you.

The F7 has garnered about 90% of my ear time since receiving it. I love long sessions with this great all-arounder. Long listening sessions are the norm as the treble is so vibrant but never sharp or harsh.

Great job Custom Art. The overall balance and tone deliver your consumers an A+ experience, and of course you have offered a TOTL IEM without astronomical pricing.
Thanks man! Appreciate the feedback. Looking forward to your full review. :)

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #383 of 749
The FIBAE 7 is way more engaging. It sounds fuller than the PP8. Bass has more punch. Vocals are bodied and more forward. FIBAE 7 is in a different league and it is miles ahead of PP8 for musicality.

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #384 of 749
The FIBAE 7 is way more engaging. It sounds fuller than the PP8. Bass has more punch. Vocals are bodied and more forward. FIBAE 7 is in a different league and it is miles ahead of PP8 for musicality.
Interesting. I have the PP8, which I love, but I'm seriously thinking of getting myself a pair of customs, as I'm sooo tired of all the tip rolling! I have narrowed down my choice to two, one being the FIBAE 7 and the other the new Campfire Solstice, which is being highly recommended to me by a friend who's taste I usually share. From what I read though, the Solstice is a sort of custom Andromeda. How would you generally compare the Andromeda with the FIBAE 7, if you have had a chance of making such a comparison? Thanks

Dec 31, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #385 of 749
Interesting. I have the PP8, which I love, but I'm seriously thinking of getting myself a pair of customs, as I'm sooo tired of all the tip rolling! I have narrowed down my choice to two, one being the FIBAE 7 and the other the new Campfire Solstice, which is being highly recommended to me by a friend who's taste I usually share. From what I read though, the Solstice is a sort of custom Andromeda. How would you generally compare the Andromeda with the FIBAE 7, if you have had a chance of making such a comparison? Thanks
Very similar bass quantity with FIBAE 7 boasting more rumble. Vocals on FIBAE 7 are more prominent with higher level of forwardness. The Andromeda has a more laid-back presentation. Treble on the Andromeda has a little more extension and there is greater amount of air rendered. The soundstage on Andromeda is bigger while the FIBAE 7 presents a more enveloping approach. Cheers!

Dec 31, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #386 of 749
Very similar bass quantity with FIBAE 7 boasting more rumble. Vocals on FIBAE 7 are more prominent with higher level of forwardness. The Andromeda has a more laid-back presentation. Treble on the Andromeda has a little more extension and there is greater amount of air rendered. The soundstage on Andromeda is bigger while the FIBAE 7 presents a more enveloping approach. Cheers!
Thanks for the insight pal, I may just flip a coin at this point, or go for the FIBAE 7 and save myself a couple of hundred euros. Happy New year!

Dec 31, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #387 of 749
Thanks for the insight pal, I may just flip a coin at this point, or go for the FIBAE 7 and save myself a couple of hundred euros. Happy New year!
Glad to be of help. Happy New Year to you and everyone! Kudos to @piotrus-g for creating this excellent flagship IEM this year.

Dec 31, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #388 of 749
Sounds like a win-win

Dec 31, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #389 of 749

Amazing design by Custom Art. Good analysis @subguy812 !

Dec 31, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #390 of 749

Users who are viewing this thread

Back