Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Dec 20, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #361 of 749
So I'm not as well versed at custom fitting as others here, as I only have 2 CIEMs now. But I think my F7 may be a bit loose. At least compared to my F-Black, it's quite a noticeable difference in fit. I haven't really lost any weight so I'm not sure if the F7 is too loose, or the FBlack too tight? Hopefully you guys can help me understand if what I'm experiencing is OK, or if I need to send them back for a 'thickening':

• I can achieve a seal, no problem. But it tends to break easily. When I'm walking about and turning my head, for example. Also, I can't lay down on my back without the seal breaking, but I think this is normal?
  • If I'm sitting up or reclining moderately in my recliner chair, and not twisting my head from side to side they are very comfy and seal great! For this reason, I'm beginning to think that this is the preferred audiophile fitting based on comfort?
  • The Fblack may have been 'coated' after printing from the 3d printer, which would explain the extra tightness. Is it possible that my ears have 'stretched' because of using the FBlack with its tight fit?

I know, lots of questions. Just want to get your guys' opinions before I bug Piotr or his great staff. Thanks in advance!

-Vince

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #362 of 749
Well I don’t know if like me you got the Black among the first batches (preorder), which also was the beginning of the 3D printing... for me the Black have a more compressive fit than my FIBAE7 and that’s from the same prints. But my F7 are not loose just a tad less compressive fit. This was already true of my FIBAE4. I guess fine tuning on the build process?

You shouldn’t loose fit when walking or turning your head, opening your mouth might break seal a bit although it doesn’t happen with me.

In any case, @piotrus-g can certainly help :)

Dec 21, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #363 of 749
I ordered the black after the pre-order unfortunately. But the moulds I sent in were stored as digital impressions, which were later used to make the F7.

well... I'll be OK. At least now I have an excuse not to lose weight after the holidays!

Dec 21, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #364 of 749
I ordered the black after the pre-order unfortunately. But the moulds I sent in were stored as digital impressions, which were later used to make the F7. well... I'll be OK. At least now I have an excuse not to lose weight after the holidays!

It’s fairly easy to make the fit tighter so send them back is my advice, the other way around is much more problematic.
Getting a custom and not having perfect fit which has always been the case for me with Custom Art, this would be a shame!

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #365 of 749
Just a fantastic listening experience...

E96F27BC-F9E2-4828-9001-11E463864439.jpeg

DA846BC1-D5E1-48CF-A0D4-8866F99ABFB5.jpeg

Attachments

• F8DA8530-0093-49AB-AF93-35C81E2A2BD9.jpeg
    F8DA8530-0093-49AB-AF93-35C81E2A2BD9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Dec 21, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #366 of 749
Just a fantastic listening experience...

That looks endgame. :) How do you like it?

Been listening to the F7 for 3 hours now. It's the first I listen to IEM of this unique signature. Feels like being transported into a portal..

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #367 of 749
I received a shipping notice. If you remember, I gave Piotr complete design control. Custom Art attempted to slip it past me, the element of surprise, but UPS has informed me. Again, if I don't show the F7 design you will know that he actually did a Rainbows and Unicorns or My Little Pony design. I am super excited to hear it and add it to my Custom Art lineup.

1)Top center, FIBAE 6
2)Upper right, FIBAE 3
3)Middle center, FIBAE Black
4)Bottom right, FIBAE 4
5)Bottom center, FIBAE 2

20190623_071501.jpg

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #368 of 749
I received a shipping notice. If you remember, I gave Piotr complete design control. Custom Art attempted to slip it past me, the element of surprise, but UPS has informed me. Again, if I don't show the F7 design you will know that he actually did a Rainbows and Unicorns or My Little Pony design. I am super excited to hear it and add it to my Custom Art lineup.

1)Top center, FIBAE 6
2)Upper right, FIBAE 3
3)Middle center, FIBAE Black
4)Bottom right, FIBAE 4
5)Bottom center, FIBAE 2

Rainbow and unicorn would actually be pretty cool! I'd still keep it even, because it sounds so good. But I'm also curious what Piotr would come up with

Dec 23, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #369 of 749
I just received my package from Poland, Custom Art FIBAE 7. I am going to include quite a few photos because it is actually difficult to capture the detail and beauty in the art work. I gave Custom Art complete creative control. Sorry for so many photos and no quick impressions. Well done Custom Art team!

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191223181515070_COVER.jpg 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191223181336628_COVER.jpg IMG_20191223_175021.jpg 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191223174826547_COVER.jpg

Dec 24, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #370 of 749
So I'm not as well versed at custom fitting as others here, as I only have 2 CIEMs now. But I think my F7 may be a bit loose. At least compared to my F-Black, it's quite a noticeable difference in fit. I haven't really lost any weight so I'm not sure if the F7 is too loose, or the FBlack too tight? Hopefully you guys can help me understand if what I'm experiencing is OK, or if I need to send them back for a 'thickening':

• I can achieve a seal, no problem. But it tends to break easily. When I'm walking about and turning my head, for example. Also, I can't lay down on my back without the seal breaking, but I think this is normal?
  • If I'm sitting up or reclining moderately in my recliner chair, and not twisting my head from side to side they are very comfy and seal great! For this reason, I'm beginning to think that this is the preferred audiophile fitting based on comfort?
  • The Fblack may have been 'coated' after printing from the 3d printer, which would explain the extra tightness. Is it possible that my ears have 'stretched' because of using the FBlack with its tight fit?

I know, lots of questions. Just want to get your guys' opinions before I bug Piotr or his great staff. Thanks in advance!

-Vince
Hey, well if the Blacks are not breaking the seal when F7 is then I would say your F7 could use a bit of thickening to make them tighter. In our experience direct 3D print result in a bit tighter fit, even after fine-tuning.
I just received my package from Poland, Custom Art FIBAE 7. I am going to include quite a few photos because it is actually difficult to capture the detail and beauty in the art work. I gave Custom Art complete creative control. Sorry for so many photos and no quick impressions. Well done Custom Art team!

Here's our picture.
The design is really one-off work of art :)
IMG_3114.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #371 of 749
Hey, well if the Blacks are not breaking the seal when F7 is then I would say your F7 could use a bit of thickening to make them tighter. In our experience direct 3D print result in a bit tighter fit, even after fine-tuning.

Here's our picture.

Absolutely inspired pieces of art. Bravo to you and your team! :D

Dec 24, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #372 of 749

Here's our picture.
Beautiful...wonderful job. Give your team Kudos!

Dec 24, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #373 of 749

Here's our picture.

Excellent work, @piotrus-g !

Hope you have a great day !

Dec 24, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #374 of 749
I certainly appreciate the upgraded NA cable compared to Custom Art days gone by, but I also wanted to listen utilizing the 2.5mm balanced output of my DAPs and the DC01 on my cellphone. I switched to the EA Ares II 8-wire. I just wanted to find my future cable after I post impressions with the stock cable. Any other suggestions? It does appear that copper is the way to go.

Dec 24, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #375 of 749
The light was great today so I took the opportunity to update my FIBAE7 pics... Galaxy design loves good light :D

E46851CB-69AE-4C75-B29E-83351D5D0752.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back