Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Sep 19, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #151 of 749
I bet! All set. No need for anything else. Perfectly content.

I shall repeat this mantra!
I will ignore the teasing!!!

Sep 19, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #152 of 749
Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #153 of 749
Sep 20, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #154 of 749
And it is wonderful!:ksc75smile:
Don't let David hear you... Whoops, too late! :D

Looking forward to reading some of your impressions! I have been distracted a bit too much from Head-fi lately by rather trivial matters like work, so I have some catching up to do. :wink:

Sep 20, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #155 of 749
@Deezel177 thanks for the review, excellent reading as always :) question: how do electric guitars sound like on this? A lot of people talking about vocals and acoustic guitars but how about the electric ones? I am looking for my next ciem and i am looking for a holographic presentation with thick and layered guitars to get lost in.

@piotrus-g congrats with the 7 years! Ei.xx was my first ciem and I have been looking to get into the CA line-up ever since. Quick question though: I really really really want a silicone flagship, 8.2 couldn't be done with my ears :frowning2: Is there any way in hell that Fibae 7 can get "siliconed"? (pleeeeease)

Sep 20, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #156 of 749
@Deezel177 thanks for the review, excellent reading as always :) question: how do electric guitars sound like on this? A lot of people talking about vocals and acoustic guitars but how about the electric ones? I am looking for my next ciem and i am looking for a holographic presentation with thick and layered guitars to get lost in.

@piotrus-g congrats with the 7 years! Ei.xx was my first ciem and I have been looking to get into the CA line-up ever since. Quick question though: I really really really want a silicone flagship, 8.2 couldn't be done with my ears :frowning2: Is there any way in hell that Fibae 7 can get "siliconed"? (pleeeeease)

Thanks so much, man! I just listened to three electric-guitar-driven tracks on the FIBAE 7: Lari Basilio’s Glimpse of Light with Joe Satriani, Mark Lettieri’s Little Minx and John Mayer’s Rosie. The FIBAE 7 handles the guitars on all three with a very laid-back, controlled, unexaggerated hand. I believe it’s because of a downward slope from around 4kHz, before settling into linearity in the treble. The FIBAE 7 to me is a smooth, slightly thickened rendition of a studio control room IEM, so it’s not an IEM to “get lost in” necessarily. Of course, that’s not a bad thing at all. It’s just a niche the FIBAE 7 wasn’t designed to fill. For your needs, I’d probably recommend Lime Ears’ Aether R. That’s a more engaging, immersive, in-the-middle-of-the-band sort of IEM that makes electric guitars sound big, crunchy and powerful, but still maintains a relatively open stage behind it all.

Sep 20, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #157 of 749
Don't let David hear you... Whoops, too late! :D

Looking forward to reading some of your impressions! I have been distracted a bit too much from Head-fi lately by rather trivial matters like work, so I have some catching up to do. :wink:
Hey Wyville...I completed a full review sometime ago on the FIBAE ME, which is now the FIBAE 6. I am sorry I do not have an F7 to give any impressions of.

Sep 20, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #158 of 749
Thanks so much, man! I just listened to three electric-guitar-driven tracks on the FIBAE 7: Lari Basilio’s Glimpse of Light with Joe Satriani, Mark Lettieri’s Little Minx and John Mayer’s Rosie. The FIBAE 7 handles the guitars on all three with a very laid-back, controlled, unexaggerated hand. I believe it’s because of a downward slope from around 4kHz, before settling into linearity in the treble. The FIBAE 7 to me is a smooth, slightly thickened rendition of a studio control room IEM, so it’s not an IEM to “get lost in” necessarily. Of course, that’s not a bad thing at all. It’s just a niche the FIBAE 7 wasn’t designed to fill. For your needs, I’d probably recommend Lime Ears’ Aether R. That’s a more engaging, immersive, in-the-middle-of-the-band sort of IEM that makes electric guitars sound big, crunchy and powerful, but still maintains a relatively open stage behind it all.

Hmmm, been eyeing the Aether R for quite a while as well, it's just that I got the impression that it was too forward to me. I own the EE Vantage and I need something different as a compliment, something with more focus on mids and imaging rather than a V-shaped sound. Like, I need something for night sessions and not too energetic, does that make sense?
I was thinking that the Fibae 7 might allow me to focus on what I choose to focus on istead of the iem telling me, ie the Vantage telling me: "Look at my bass, bro!"

Sep 20, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #159 of 749
Hey Wyville...I completed a full review sometime ago on the FIBAE ME, which is now the FIBAE 6. I am sorry I do not have an F7 to give any impressions of.
Ah, I thought as much, but didn't know if perhaps there were some slight tuning differences. Thanks!

Sep 20, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #160 of 749
I think the Aether R is very engaging and agree it's not perfect for sitting back and just chill more the fun and dance with me one.

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #161 of 749
Hmmm, been eyeing the Aether R for quite a while as well, it's just that I got the impression that it was too forward to me. I own the EE Vantage and I need something different as a compliment, something with more focus on mids and imaging rather than a V-shaped sound. Like, I need something for night sessions and not too energetic, does that make sense?
I was thinking that the Fibae 7 might allow me to focus on what I choose to focus on istead of the iem telling me, ie the Vantage telling me: "Look at my bass, bro!"

Funnily enough, I’d indeed consider the Aether R a mid-forward IEM. It’s very much unlike the original in terms of structure that way. If you want something mid-emphasised yet unexaggerated and euphoric enough to be lost in, I think the FIBAE Black will suit your needs more than the FIBAE 7 will. In the meantime, though, I’ll give the FIBAE 7 a go with some cables that might push it in that direction and let you know. :D

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #162 of 749
Funnily enough, I’d indeed consider the Aether R a mid-forward IEM. It’s very much unlike the original in terms of structure that way. If you want something mid-emphasised yet unexaggerated and euphoric enough to be lost in, I think the FIBAE Black will suit your needs more than the FIBAE 7 will. In the meantime, though, I’ll give the FIBAE 7 a go with some cables that might push it in that direction and let you know. :D

You da man! I have of course also considered the Black but got the impression that it's bass extension might be a problem for me...i dunno, problem is that without hearing any of them it gets hard to make a decision as to wether I would like it or not. Maybe I should just give it a go and use some cables to help it along...

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #163 of 749
Look what showed up at the door :D

As usual, perfect fit and in fact a tad better than the F4 that was my best fitting so far... beautiful blue galaxy, can’t go wrong with a classic :p
I’ll post first impressions later those are my first minutes but I love what I am hearing right out of the box, good surprise given what I read is the bass section and how full sounding the F7 are... :heart_eyes:

Edit : Well, just a few minutes more... call it love at first sight, yeah it's the honeymoon phase but the signature clicks so very perfectly with my preferences it's eerie. It's like the perfect synthesis of what I love about the VE8 and Phantom in one package... #blownaway

Vocals are incredible, listening to Bria Skonberg right now... OMG

5530C464-8713-4854-9DC5-22CBD4541A19.jpeg

9703163D-A15D-4171-BD59-7324D845C5C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #164 of 749
@Blommen I have the opportunity to try both the Aether R and FIBAE 7 so let me chime in my thoughts. The vocals on Aether R are not as bodied and natural as the FIBAE 7 and the transients are too quick until it sounds artificial which explains its "energy". I would say if you are going for technicality, Aether R may do the job for you. Otherwise, FIBAE 7 is a much better all rounder for one to enjoy music. Cheers!

@davidmolliere Congrats brother!

Sep 20, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #165 of 749
@Blommen I have the opportunity to try both the Aether R and FIBAE 7 so let me chime in my thoughts. The vocals on Aether R are not as bodied and natural as the FIBAE 7 and the transients are too quick until it sounds artificial which explains its "energy". I would say if you are going for technicality, Aether R may do the job for you. Otherwise, FIBAE 7 is a much better all rounder for one to enjoy music. Cheers!

@davidmolliere Congrats brother!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. As I said I am looking for a late night listen so I am wary of the Aether R being too much. But still want them mids, was also considering Phantom, I just don't know what to pick... Aargh!

Can you chime in on a Fibae 7 vs Black?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back