Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Sep 22, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #181 of 749
Yeah they can definitely do all genres :)

I had a long Jazz session yesterday and then went on to blues, it works just as great as the other genres I tried so far rock, folk, pop :D

Here is a better pic of the F7

I see you've had the Solaris before. Would you say these are better than those?

Sep 22, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #182 of 749
I see you've had the Solaris before. Would you say these are better than those?

No I wouldn’t say that because they have a different signature so those are different flavors :wink:

The Solaris have a massive soundstage, subwoofer like sub bass can’t beat that DD ability to move air, they also have thinner mids with more separation, more lower treble energy. The FIBAE7 bass is less massive but pretty impressive for a BA setup, it “moves” air and can be physically felt... it sounds just right...mids have more body and weight, richer textures and a more accurate tone. It has a bit less lower treble energy and much more extended upper treble than the Solaris.

I would say the Solaris is the brazen spectacular one and the F7 is the more mature, refined one with more nuanced presentation. I love both for their unique strengths :)

@davidmolliere how's the fit on these as I see you went for something other than black (which would of been 3-d printed). Look stunning btw. Just sending my f2 universals off to be reshelled, so wondering if I need to have them 3-d printed or not.

The fit is just as good if not a tad better than my 3D printed black and F4, really amazing craft!
No difference really but keep in mind I have “easy” ears with big and relatively straight canals so YMMV.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #183 of 749
This is quite a eerie feeling when you find yourself clicking absolutely with a tuning like I do with the F7... usually there is always something : VE8 there always was this “I wished I had more subs and the mids were a bit fuller”, the Phantom “I wished for a bit more air and upper treble presence”, the Solaris “I wished the mids were a bit fuller” well you get the picture...

Let’s see how it evolves but after over 30 hours listening to the F7, I find myself wondering if this is the end of the quest... this is a unique experience when you don’t find yourself wishing for anything more, fulfillment if you will :D Yeah it might be the honeymoon period, so we’ll see but right now I find both what I love in the VE8 and Phantom in one package and that’s.... stunning! I usually trust my first impressions as gut feeling is sometimes more accurate than any rational analysis it’s still psycho-accoustics :p

I’d still give the edge to the VE8 on the upper treble refinement but the VE8 are so special in that department and it’s a close call which speaks volume of the F7 level and the Phantom the edge on sub bass but that’s probably due to a snappier attack it’s a close call also. Full mids has always been a big thing for me and while the F7 is not as thick as the Phantom or the Black it’s as full as it can get given it has a lot more air I find the F7 mids more euphonic than the Phantom, and the sub bass is so much more satisfying than the VE8 this was always my main gripe. Of course the F7 despite its amazing BA bass can’t really match the best hybrids and DD and the Solaris bass is still my favorite of all times but the F7 subs is really stunning it actually is felt physically like it moves air I don’t know how! Again it’s the uniqueness of the whole package combined that make them so beautiful...

If I had to choose only one IEM this would definitely be the FIBAE7, it’s a stunning IEM at any price point even more so given its pricing... This is going to be quite a tough review to write as it clicks so perfectly with my preferences it’s eerie... Thank you @piotrus-g I am so happy right now :D

I was so mesmerized last night that the DX220 battery had to die for me to get to sleep and it was 5 in the morning...

Congratulations on finding the one, David. Good luck with that review! :wink:

Sep 23, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #184 of 749
Congratulations on finding the one, David. Good luck with that review! :wink:
Got to say your F7 looks stunning, outstanding design choice. I bet it will be easy for @davidmolliere to write the F7 review as it just clicks with him due to it sounding fantastic! :sunglasses:

Sep 23, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #185 of 749
I think I may order a fibae 7 today. Sounds like the totl all rounder that I need

Sep 23, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #186 of 749
Got to say your F7 looks stunning, outstanding design choice. I bet it will be easy for @davidmolliere to write the F7 review as it just clicks with him due to it sounding fantastic! :sunglasses:

Galaxy Blue is a classic, the one Marcus chose for his FIBAE4 is what inspired me in fact :p
Actually I think writing a review when you click like this is fun but quite harder to find faults but we'll see!

Sep 23, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #187 of 749

Thanks Ricky, appreciate it. Well, it depends. If the click is very strong, speaking from experience, it's gonna be pretty hard to stay biased. :D

Sep 23, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #188 of 749
I think I may order a fibae 7 today. Sounds like the totl all rounder that I need
Yes it is that good.

Galaxy Blue is a classic, the one Marcus chose for his FIBAE4 is what inspired me in fact :p
Actually I think writing a review when you click like this is fun but quite harder to find faults but we'll see!
I like the Galaxy design a lot too. The F7 is just so effortless.

Thanks Ricky, appreciate it. Well, it depends. If the click is very strong, speaking from experience, it's gonna be pretty hard to stay biased. :D
No problem. The design is really good. Yeap but man, the F7 is a phenomenal flagship!

Sep 23, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #189 of 749
@piotrus-g congrats with the 7 years! Ei.xx was my first ciem and I have been looking to get into the CA line-up ever since. Quick question though: I really really really want a silicone flagship, 8.2 couldn't be done with my ears :frowning2: Is there any way in hell that Fibae 7 can get "siliconed"? (pleeeeease)
Thank you! Unfortunately no, F7 cannot be "siliconized" it would changed too dramatically and I don't think it would sound like F7 anymore.

Thank you all for your feedback on FIBAE 7 I really appreciate it and I'm glad you all like it so much. I think it really shows what flagship IEM should be - an IEM that is not polarizing but balanced and easily likeable :)

Sep 23, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #190 of 749
Thank you! Unfortunately no, F7 cannot be "siliconized" it would changed too dramatically and I don't think it would sound like F7 anymore.

Thank you all for your feedback on FIBAE 7 I really appreciate it and I'm glad you all like it so much. I think it really shows what flagship IEM should be - an IEM that is not polarizing but balanced and easily likeable :)
Definitely. The FIBAE 7 is a statement flagship IEM from Custom Art and it shows flagship sound can be achieved at an extremely reasonable price of 1100 Euros.

Sep 23, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #191 of 749

You mean unbiased, biased should be easy :wink:
I'll do my best to find gripes :D

Sep 23, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #194 of 749

How about universal with silicone tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back