Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Jun 13, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #46 of 749
@piotrus-g
Looking at the BAs build into the F7, it seems very similiar to the (Mass-)Drop Fibae

Massdrop Fibae:
2 sub-low drivers,
1 single low driver,
1 proprietary mid-high driver,
2 high-frequency drivers,

F7:
2 Sub-Low,
1 Low-Mid,
2 Mid-High,
1 proprietary High,
1 proprietary Super High

But reading the describing text for those two, the DropFibae seems fun, punchy, bass, and the F7 natural, analytical?
Or how would you describe the difference?

Ps: Congrats for 7year anniversary!
Been a pleasure as an original Ei.XX Owner!
OK, so the sub-low is the same driver that we used in FIBAE ME, but after that all other drivers are different in FIBAE7. The sub-driver is also much more tamed - in FIBAE ME the output was like +10dB at 30Hz vs 1kHz and in FIBAE7 it's closer to 6dB, so there's a bit more air and space for lows and it's not as powerful, but there's similar kick to it. Once there's sub-bass in music the FIBAE7 will deliver plenty of deep reverb.
Other than that, yes, the 6 and 7-driver models are quite apart when it comes to signatures, and F7 is rather natural sounding with some fun element, I wouldn't call F7 completely analytical - as to me that means dry and very neutral, and F7 is neither dry or completely neutral, but there's really high level of details and overall signature is on the brighter side

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #47 of 749
OK, so the sub-low is the same driver that we used in FIBAE ME, but after that all other drivers are different in FIBAE7. The sub-driver is also much more tamed - in FIBAE ME the output was like +10dB at 30Hz vs 1kHz and in FIBAE7 it's closer to 6dB, so there's a bit more air and space for lows and it's not as powerful, but there's similar kick to it. Once there's sub-bass in music the FIBAE7 will deliver plenty of deep reverb.
Other than that, yes, the 6 and 7-driver models are quite apart when it comes to signatures, and F7 is rather natural sounding with some fun element, I wouldn't call F7 completely analytical - as to me that means dry and very neutral, and F7 is neither dry or completely neutral, but there's really high level of details and overall signature is on the brighter side
I really enjoy the ME. I like the fact that the bass is powerful, but it also has a nice upper mid lift. I think it is incredible for the rock genre. If the 7 has bass quantity but increases the level of quality, ie. in layering or increased realism, it sounds to me it would be an awesome sound signature. Do you have any of the initial offerings available?

Jun 14, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #48 of 749
I really enjoy the ME. I like the fact that the bass is powerful, but it also has a nice upper mid lift. I think it is incredible for the rock genre. If the 7 has bass quantity but increases the level of quality, ie. in layering or increased realism, it sounds to me it would be an awesome sound signature. Do you have any of the initial offerings available?
Well if you are trying to compare bass with MEs then the similarities end on extension. The speed, texture, control is all improved over ME. The quantity is also considerably lower meaning it's not bass-first IEM any more like ME, also since MEs incorporate CI driver for lows its mid bass is also much thicker and denser. F7 uses smaller driver for mid-lows so you get by far faster transient response - meaning speed - and that keeps the bass from shadowing on mids.

And yes, but only a couple of the Anniversary units are still available so if anyone here is on the fence I would suggest making up your mind quickly before they are all gone :)

Jun 15, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #49 of 749
Thank you kindly for your short review!
To me the description that it's F3 on steroids it quite spot on - they do follow similar FR curve, though my personal analogy would be F4 combined with Harmony 8.2.
There's a lot of technical improvement done over FIBAE3 with this IEM.

F3 on steroids!!! Could it really CIEM for me?! I know you wrote me about this. When I change cable from EA Eros II to prototype cable to iem from Argentum my F3 sound like on steroids, because have more body, size of instruments is very big, and have more body and forward on mids. I must see you and listening F7.

Jun 15, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #50 of 749
F3 on steroids!!! Could it really CIEM for me?! I know you wrote me about this. When I change cable from EA Eros II to prototype cable to iem from Argentum my F3 sound like on steroids, because have more body, size of instruments is very big, and have more body and forward on mids. I must see you and listening F7.
Well you know where to find me :) I'm 100% sure you'll like this one

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #51 of 749
OK guys, I don't know why there are so few feedbacks here, I was really chocked when I noted I could get a limited edition when Piotr announced them more than 15 days ago. So, now I'm a (very) lucky owner of those little beast and I can assure you those are the true flagship Custom Art had to realize for a while! I owned the Music One, the Pro330v2, the H8pro, the H8.2 and the Fibae Black (best mono BA ever!), but here Custom Art achieve the TOTL performance I was waiting for. I own other TOTL you can see above in my signature, hence I'm pretty confident in what I say despite the short time I spend with the Fibae 7. Speed is awesome, tone is ultra natural and detail level is really high for such a sound signature. With my selected tips mid bass are gorgeous, not so far from the Black ones, but even more controlled, nuanced and impactful. Mids are full of emotions, maybe a bit less than the Black, but more realistic and nuanced, indeed that's not a warm signature the Black is. Trebles is here in the TOTL league, really extended with great tone and lot of air.

This small feedback is based on the Sony WM1A, with balanced Effect Audio Lionheart and FA type E tips with Symbio W foams.

@piotrus-g: bravo, you achieved with the Fibae 7 something really amazing with your own technology, pure Custom Art's soul.

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #52 of 749
Och, guys you disturber in my head. If F7 are F3 with more body and forward on mids, especially on female vocals, and more resolving and details this is for me. But maybe when I listening this I want to have them, and I change priority to F7 not finishing buying my speaker system.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #53 of 749
I tried month ago the FIBAE 3, but I can't compare them from memory. Just to say, the FIABE 7 showed instantly dynamics strength where, from memory, FIBAE seemed more refined.

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #54 of 749
OK guys, I don't know why there are so few feedbacks here, I was really chocked when I noted I could get a limited edition when Piotr announced them more than 15 days ago. So, now I'm a (very) lucky owner of those little beast and I can assure you those are the true flagship Custom Art had to realize for a while! I owned the Music One, the Pro330v2, the H8pro, the H8.2 and the Fibae Black (best mono BA ever!), but here Custom Art achieve the TOTL performance I was waiting for. I own other TOTL you can see above in my signature, hence I'm pretty confident in what I say despite the short time I spend with the Fibae 7. Speed is awesome, tone is ultra natural and detail level is really high for such a sound signature. With my selected tips mid bass are gorgeous, not so far from the Black ones, but even more controlled, nuanced and impactful. Mids are full of emotions, maybe a bit less than the Black, but more realistic and nuanced, indeed that's not a warm signature the Black is. Trebles is here in the TOTL league, really extended with great tone and lot of air.

This small feedback is based on the Sony WM1A, with balanced Effect Audio Lionheart and FA type E tips with Symbio W foams.

@piotrus-g: bravo, you achieved with the Fibae 7 something really amazing with your own technology, pure Custom Art's soul.
Thank you for your feedback! I'm really glad you like them :)

Jun 20, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #55 of 749
the H8.2 and the Fibae Black (best mono BA ever!), but here Custom Art achieve the TOTL performance I was waiting for

How would you compare Fibae 7 to Harmony 8.2?

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #56 of 749
How would you compare Fibae 7 to Harmony 8.2?
Not rollk2 but from another thread my comparison here:
OK, so to me FIBAE 7 is a step up from Harmony 8.2 while retaining nearly identical or at least very close signature.
I would say that key differences are
FIBAE 7 is a bit brighter - there were some complaints that Harmony 8.2 could use a bit more boost in lower high frequency range so FIBAE 7 improves here giving F7 more bite and edge.
FIBAE 7 has better highs - again based on feedback from Harmony 8.2 users - now highs offer higher quantity with more extension. Two Top Firing Drivers deliver loads of detail without fatigue. Detail retrieval is class higher.
FIBAE 7 has more bass although it's not so obvious. It's very tricky for me to compare bass between the two. F7 sounds generally flat until there's sufficient bass presence in the song then the woofer becomes "alive" and you get loads of proper reverberation and sub-bass that can really surprise with its depth. Bass on the Harmony 8.2 is more one dimensional and lacks the lowest octave range that F7 have. I think it's best to think of Harmony 8.2's bass as closed enclosure floor speaker while F7 is more of a bass-reflex type of bass. I would say that kick drum on Harmony 8.2 sounds more precise but on FIBAE7 more natural. F7 is also able to fill stage with bass easier with bass-heavy tracks.
FIBAE 7 has better stage and imaging - the stage now is bigger and more 3 dimensional, there's definitely improvement in hight of the stage as well as layers. The sound stage on FIBAE 7 is extremely stable meaning instrument placement comes much easier. There's never lack of space for another sound with F7. The difference in dynamics is also noticeable right away with FIBAE 7's faster transient response
Finally FIBAE7 is less forgiving to mastering and bitrate
Overall I would say that Harmony 8.2 is still perfect tool for musicians and professional use, while FIBAE 7 is more audiophile take on similar signature.

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #58 of 749
I just commented a post on Facebook, I copy that just above. I clearly agree with Piotr and want to add that the H8.2 is more for technical audiophiles, while the F7 is for headbangers who loves high level of technical specifications like details and stage size but remaining very musical.

"From memory, depth has better focus, especially because transient speed conveys more emotions. Mids and bass are more neutral, but mids is more resolving, focused and transparent, especially in high mids. Bass has maybe a bit less resolution due to a quicker attack and decay, but overall on bass genres, which are my favorite such as dub music, that's clearly foot taping. In fact, that tuning is just better than the H8.2 one."

Edit : just remember, that's more on the neutral side, Piotr did something really rare on the market.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #59 of 749
@Rollk2 Thanks for the feedback on the F7, I’ll get the custom for sure :)
How would you compare to the EM64?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back